Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS (merged)

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi friends,

Looking for advice...

I am a teacher from Canada. I've been asked if I wanted to renew my contract for the next year (August 2021 - June 2022).

My problem is that I work in a remote/isolated location, and flying to the embassy for the interview would require more than a week off (for medical, etc., as well).

Should I stay with this job or take up temporary/substitute teaching positions in the city where it's easier to get to the embassy (also less money 😭 ) ?

I'm worried that I'll get an interview in the midst of an important school week or need to take lots of time off for this and, then, when approved, have to leave in the middle of the year (which my principal has already told me she can find replacements if I decide to do this, but I'd feel so bad to leave my students mid year).

Currently, VJ timeline says approval will happen in August/September.. When do you think we'll have a visa on hand?

I'm just also scared because I've heard that you don't get to work for a couple of months after arrival in the US so I do want to save a bunch of money too! What are you all doing in regards to work?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nicol said:

Hi friends,

Looking for advice...

I am a teacher from Canada. I've been asked if I wanted to renew my contract for the next year (August 2021 - June 2022).

My problem is that I work in a remote/isolated location, and flying to the embassy for the interview would require more than a week off (for medical, etc., as well).

Should I stay with this job or take up temporary/substitute teaching positions in the city where it's easier to get to the embassy (also less money 😭 ) ?

I'm worried that I'll get an interview in the midst of an important school week or need to take lots of time off for this and, then, when approved, have to leave in the middle of the year (which my principal has already told me she can find replacements if I decide to do this, but I'd feel so bad to leave my students mid year).

Currently, VJ timeline says approval will happen in August/September.. When do you think we'll have a visa on hand?

I'm just also scared because I've heard that you don't get to work for a couple of months after arrival in the US so I do want to save a bunch of money too! What are you all doing in regards to work?

I am not sure how it is in Canada but in US if you are teacher and you got a contract offer for any school year you can leave in middle of your contract for any reason. I assume Canada has the same procedures! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, AD1 said:

I am not sure how it is in Canada but in US if you are teacher and you got a contract offer for any school year you can leave in middle of your contract for any reason. I assume Canada has the same procedures! 

It's the same here, we can leave, but I'd just hate to do that to my students so would prefer not to have to leave in the middle :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
On 3/27/2021 at 11:11 PM, Nicol said:

Hi friends,

Looking for advice...

From what I know and understand, you schedule the interview yourself, so if there's an important school week around the time of your case being ready for interview, you can just wait to schedule it. As for having to leave in the middle of the school year, you have 4 (or 6) months to travel to the US after you've received your visa, which means you don't have to leave right away. I'm not sure whether it was 4 or 6 months, you should check that yourself. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, prai said:

Good to see mid September 2020 filers are getting their NOA2. 😄

How do you know? I find the case tracker app so confusing lol 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
5 hours ago, prai said:

Good to see mid September 2020 filers are getting their NOA2. 😄

NOA2 is approval or RFE right? What happens after we receive NOA2? When will we receive interview time? Also only beneficiary needs to be in interview right? Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, ReshSamir said:

Hi everyone.. I'm a little late to the game lol.. I'm a late January filer, and have received my NOA 1..  so now just waiting with all of you!😊

What was the backdate they put on your receipt? That should be your NOA-1 not the march date. Im thinking sometime in feb? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

What was the backdate they put on your receipt? That should be your NOA-1 not the march date. Im thinking sometime in feb? 

It says Received date January 29 and notice date March 14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 minute ago, ReshSamir said:

It says Received date January 29 and notice date March 14

So when did you send it? Because of the backlog Jan 29 would be your NOA-1 date. You can find more information on this thread and on USCIS about the lockbox delay. All of us November, December and January filers waited at least 8-12 weeks to receive notice. 

Edited by J&D1008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

So when did you send it? Because of the backlog Jan 29 would be your NOA-1 date. You can find more information on this thread and on USCIS about the lockbox delay. All of us November, December and January filers waited at least 8-12 weeks to receive notice. 

I sent my package off on the 22nd or 23rd of January 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.