HRQX

Lawsuit accuses Trump, Republican National Committee of violating so-called Ku Klux Klan Act

12 posts in this topic

A new claim filed in federal court on Tuesday accuses President Donald Trump, his campaign, and the Republican National Committee of violating the so-called "Ku Klux Klan Act" in their efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

The new complaint alleges that they engaged in a "coordinated effort" to disenfranchise Black voters by "disrupting vote counting efforts, lodging groundless challenges during recounts, and attempting to block certification of election results through intimidation and coercion of election officials and volunteers."

The Third Enforcement Act, also known as the Ku Klux Klan Act, was passed in 1971 to enforce the right to vote and prohibit people from conspiring to deny people their right to vote.

Tuesday's amended complaint updates a lawsuit filed last month against Trump in his personal capacity by a group of Black voters in Detroit, alleging the targeted effort to overturn the election repeats one of the "worst abuses in our nation's history" by attempting to disenfranchise African American voters. The suit had alleged Trump violated the Voting Rights Act.

The RNC has now been added as a defendant, and the NAACP has officially signed on as a plaintiff.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/lawsuit-accuses-trump-republican-national-committee-violating-called/story?id=74867792

Link to amended complaint: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.224322/gov.uscourts.dcd.224322.8.0.pdf

8 hours ago, HRQX said:

The Trump legal team never asserted voter fraud in the courtroom. But they did attempt to disenfranchise literally millions of voters, many of whom were black. They failed in ways that would have been hilarious if it weren't so serious, but this really is just an extension of the GOP's tactics since Nixon. Disenfranchising voters is the only way the party can win.

With any luck, they win this suit. With extraordinary luck, maybe it's another nail in the electoral college's inevitable coffin.

12 hours ago, HRQX said:

Oh you mean having the voter books actually balance is some sort of disengrachisement? So now it is somehow racist to question wither or not there is corruption 

4 hours ago, moxy said:

The Trump legal team never asserted voter fraud in the courtroom. But they did attempt to disenfranchise literally millions of voters, many of whom were black. They failed in ways that would have been hilarious if it weren't so serious, but this really is just an extension of the GOP's tactics since Nixon. Disenfranchising voters is the only way the party can win.

With any luck, they win this suit. With extraordinary luck, maybe it's another nail in the electoral college's inevitable coffin.

Actually they did but the judges mainly threw the case out on procedural grounds and because they didn't want to "disenfranchise voters".

Also so this means that I can sue  Mark Zuckerberg for trying to use his money to fund voting centers in key places? Which lore than likely changed the course of what happened

Edited by Cyberfx1024

2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Actually they did but the judges mainly threw the case out on procedural grounds and because they didn't want to "disenfranchise voters".

"Potential fraud" and "Possibilities for fraud" have been referenced, but unless I missed a suit in the last month, outright election fraud has not been asserted in court by the Trump legal team.

Also so this means that I can sue  Mark Zuckerberg for trying to use his money to fund voting centers in key places? Which lore than likely changed the course of what happened

You probably wouldn't have standing (we're all legal eagles now), but I dunno. Call your lawyer. Maybe this is your path to independent wealth.

49 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You wish

Man, I sure do. :) But agreed, the odds of him ever seeing the inside of a cell are exceedingly low.

More productive I think, would be for a presidential commission to make recommendations on removing some powers from the hands of the president, so some of his worst abuses can't ever happen again; and then for congress to pass those recommendations into a bill, and for President Biden to sign it into law. The president (all presidents) have too much power. Trump was a symptom to the real problem, and I'd like to see that fixed.

2 hours ago, moxy said:

Man, I sure do. :) But agreed, the odds of him ever seeing the inside of a cell are exceedingly low.

More productive I think, would be for a presidential commission to make recommendations on removing some powers from the hands of the president, so some of his worst abuses can't ever happen again; and then for congress to pass those recommendations into a bill, and for President Biden to sign it into law. The president (all presidents) have too much power. Trump was a symptom to the real problem, and I'd like to see that fixed.

So what were some of his worst abuses? I am genuinely curious

22 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So what were some of his worst abuses? I am genuinely curious

I mean, we've already hashed all of this out, and we disagree on pretty much all of it, but if you're asking then picking a random set of his abuses that I think congress could put an end to future presidents abusing would be his funneling of taxpayer dollars to his private businesses, a whole grab bag of interfering with witnesses and investigations, and using military aid already approved by congress to pressure foreign countries into doing his bidding. (granted, a congress who wasn't so friendly could have done something about any and all of this, but I'd like to see mechanisms in place that don't depend on the congress doing their job... that might be a pipe dream)

Given time and inclination, I could probably come up with pages of abuses I'd like to see congress take action on to ensure a future president never does it again, but those are off the top of my head. There are also abuses that congress could probably never do anything to stop that he's done, such as everything in the Mueller report, but I guess I'll settle for just seeing the back of him in a few weeks.

Again, we disagree on all of it, so I'm not going to hash it all out again. But you asked. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, moxy said:

Just like I wish Obama and Biden would be in a cell, but I am not holding my breath.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!