Kidayi

Interview Date: K-1

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello VJ members! 

As of December 2020, US embassy in Algeria have resumed limited processing of new immigrant visas, including K1/K2 fiancee visas, and are beginning with those cases scheduled and cancelled in March 2020. 

I'm asking and making this topic in hopes that someone here has heard back and has a date yet? I know they are probably backed up and have many cases but I'm curious if anyone here has a date yet. And if so, was your original date canceled or this will be your first interview date. 

Thanks! 

tKAvm5.png

Timeline

this is from their website!

The United States Embassy in Algeria remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date.  The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz/dz-main-contactus.asp, e-mail support-Algeria@ustraveldocs.com, or call 213 982 402 688 to request an emergency appointment.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, illmakeit05 said:

this is from their website!

The United States Embassy in Algeria remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date.  The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz/dz-main-contactus.asp, e-mail support-Algeria@ustraveldocs.com, or call 213 982 402 688 to request an emergency appointment.

This is the older information. They recently updated their site on December 13th. As quoted above. They have begun services as of December 2020. Hence why I asked if anyone has heard anything 

Edited by Kidayi

tKAvm5.png

Timeline
On 12/25/2020 at 2:48 PM, Kidayi said:

This is the older information. They recently updated their site on December 13th. As quoted above. They have begun services as of December 2020. Hence why I asked if anyone has heard anything 

I'm not finding this updated information on their site

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 12:02 PM, Kidayi said:

It's there. Refresh the page. 

https://dz.usembassy.gov/

You are correct they have started to do limited visas. I only know because my brother in law is trying to visit and I spoke with them. The main issue that is happening right now though. Is the Algeria government has shut down the airport for all of March and flights were already super limited. This sadly plays a crucial part in the issuing of visas in Algeria right now. ☹️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, Crystal&Saido said:

You are correct they have started to do limited visas. I only know because my brother in law is trying to visit and I spoke with them. The main issue that is happening right now though. Is the Algeria government has shut down the airport for all of March and flights were already super limited. This sadly plays a crucial part in the issuing of visas in Algeria right now. ☹️

So there’s no hope to receive schedule time for  interview sooner 😪 we were DQ in July 2020 I was hoping to be interviewed in 2 or 3 months 😓

Edited by Hedjilay2731

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

So there’s no hope to receive schedule time for  interview sooner 😪 we were DQ in July 2020 I was hoping to be interviewed in 2 or 3 months 😓

There's hope. They're just processing very very slowly and limited. But with the shut down happening its hard to say. 

tKAvm5.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

There is always hope something will happen. I don’t want you to be discouraged. They are moving soo slow and I’m not sure how much they will get done in March due to the Algerian government is shutting everything down again inshallah everything will begin to open again. Algeria can’t stay closed forever. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.