strider4

N-400 December 2020 filers

316 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
38 minutes ago, stm said:

Did the interview today and passed. Except I got an RFE for previous citation : see details here: 

What kind of traffic ticket? Speeding ticket? If you got the ticket and dismissed by court you should keep that document to show IO then. Now you lost dismissed document?

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, codycody said:

What kind of traffic ticket? Speeding ticket? If you got the ticket and dismissed by court you should keep that document to show IO then. Now you lost dismissed document?

1. It was " inattentive driving " citation 

2. It was dismissed by the court (not guilty). When I left the court they said I am good to go and I don't need to get any document from them. Today is when I realized that it's needed for the interview

3. I just filed a request for "disposition Record" form the court so I can provide it to USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 5:07 PM, Suudsu said:

I don't know your travel history, but your timeline suggests that you may have been eligible for citizenship under either the 5 year or 3 year (married to a US citizen) option. Evidence required depends on which basis of eligibility you are filing under. I think you have more evidence than you need for 5 year filing, and not enough evidence for 3 year filing on the basis of marriage to a US citizen.

USCIS has a helpful checklist for evidence supporting N-400 applications:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/M-477.pdf

Since you uploaded your marriage certificate, I'm going to guess that you filed under 3-year (married to a US citizen). For that you would need:

-------------

The one thing that I don't see in your list of evidence is 'Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last 3 years'.

Thank you fellow Australian! I will upload my husband's US passport today and the tax transcripts. And thanks for the file but are there files/checklist for other type of naturalization eligibility? it seems like me and my friend (diff eligibility) when completing the form online, the only evidence they asked are the very minimum I uploaded. 

What's the difference between 3 and 5 year rule? I thought 5 year rule just means the couple has been married for longer. I came on K1, married in 2012 then got 10 year green card in 2014, that's more than 5 years. Does it make things move faster? My husband has been an USC for 30 years, no previous marriage, neither do I. I only travelled outside us twice since 2014 and each time just 2-5 weeks. We've been filing tax and always got tax refund. no crime no drama, have a daughter. This is a straight forward case right? I just wonder do these 'plus points' matter when it comes to N400? Besides each office's processing speed, what determines who gets approved or progress sooner? Isn't it first come first served? Or is it all just a mystery?

Edited by Athena13

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

16 minutes ago, Athena13 said:

Thank you fellow Australian! I will upload my husband's US passport today and the tax transcripts. And thanks for the file but are there files/checklist for other type of naturalization eligibility? it seems like me and my friend (diff eligibility) when completing the form online, the only evidence they asked are the very minimum I uploaded. 

What's the difference between 3 and 5 year rule? I thought 5 year rule just means the couple has been married for longer. I came on K1, married in 2012 then got 10 year green card in 2014, that's more than 5 years. Does it make things move faster? My husband has been an USC for 30 years, no previous marriage, neither do I. I only travelled outside us twice since 2014 and each time just 2-5 weeks. We've been filing tax and always got tax refund. no crime no drama, have a daughter. This is a straight forward case right? I just wonder do these 'plus points' matter when it comes to N400? Besides each office's processing speed, what determines who gets approved or progress sooner? Isn't it first come first served? Or is it all just a mystery?

5 years is a normal process. Basically you need to be resident, not necessarily married.

3 years is a special reduced period of eligibility for people who are married to a US citizen continuously for that period of time. Time as a conditional resident is included in either case.

Appears you could have filed under 5 years (you would have to check your application to see which box you checked). If so neither marriage certificate nor US citizen husband's passport are relevant.

I don't really have any insight into how USCIS processes applications, but they say that they try to process them in the order received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Quick update:

I had my interview today, Wed 04/07/21, passed and had my case approved.

I studied for the 2008 version of the test but I was asked questions in the 2020 versions, but I made it. Basically just the same question but different way of asking.

Since I will have my name changed so will have to wait a few more weeks for the name change certificate to be signed by a judge so I can go to the oath ceremony.

The officer who did the interview was very nice, we spend almost half of the time talking about Yankee Candles (she even talked about it during the test :)).

So glad that my journey finally ends, wish everyone else best of luck.

6 minutes ago, Vicent Ha said:

Quick update:

I studied for the 2008 version of the test but I was asked questions in the 2020 versions, but I made it. Basically just the same question but different way of asking.

Since I will have my name changed so will have to wait a few more weeks for the name change certificate to be signed by a judge so I can go to the oath ceremony.

The officer who did the interview was very nice, we spend almost half of the time talking about Yankee Candles (she even talked about it during the test :)).

Congrats

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vicent Ha said:

Quick update:

Congrats, I have it this Friday in Boston, thanks for letting know about 2020 questions, will read that one as well :)

My congressman had an event in my town, so I had my wife fill out a form so they can inquire, and hopefully serve as a “bump.”

Edited by Snorkel378
Misspelling

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Had interview in Boston last Friday. It went smooth, just one more person was in the waiting area. They called me in shortly after my arrival. The officer was very nice and friendly, asked eligibility questions first, talked about life and my country. Then she asked what do i prefer 2008 or 2020 questions, i asked for 2008. Apparently I forgot to answer some questions on applications, so she asked and fixed it right there. Also we talked thought tablet, I was in one room, she was in the other room. Now waiting for oath ceremony (i am not changing name, but Boston office doesnt practice same day oath like Lawrence MA as I understood).

Good luck everyone, wish your interviews to be scheduled very soon and be smooth as mine. 

On 4/6/2021 at 6:31 AM, TitanicN400 said:

Hi everyone

is there anyone who filed N400 from NYC on December 2021 ?

what is the last step you’re currently in ? 
I filed December 2021 and got reuse bio and thats all.

any body hear further then me ?

Hi there, 

I filed N400 from NYC on December 2020 as well! My bio was reused in February and thats all!!

Time until decision approx: 8 months

14 hours ago, DoraS said:

Hi there, 

I filed N400 from NYC on December 2020 as well! My bio was reused in February and thats all!!

Time until decision approx: 8 months

Same here ! I thought after 6 weeks getting  reuse bio notice we would be able jump to next step but no !! Mine until decision says 7 months..

Edited by TitanicN400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

After I submitted RFE doc April 7th,  I finally got an update online stating they are working on it . I hope it does not take long,,  I want to get this done and move on 😕
image.png.b0b217028b0420cb3a40dc899989265b.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
7 hours ago, stm said:

After I submitted RFE doc April 7th,  I finally got an update online stating they are working on it . I hope it does not take long,,  I want to get this done and move on 😕
image.png.b0b217028b0420cb3a40dc899989265b.png

Hey! Did you apply based on 3 or 5 years rule? Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.