ShawnSpiker

Form I-130 Process for Family from the Egypt during the pPandemic.

96 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, ShawnSpiker said:

(at least until your mom becomes a citizen) What do you mean?

US Citizens can sponsor married children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

(at least until your mom becomes a citizen) What do you mean?

Once she becomes a citizen then she can sponsor a married daughter. But then that also makes the wait much longer, it moves from 5-7 years to also around 15 years, almost as long as the sibling visa. 

basically 

If only your mother has a petition for your sister then if your sister gets married the petition falls away, if she gets married before your mom becomes a citizen. If she gets married after it’s fine but then she waits longer

if you sponsor her no matter if she is single or married, if she is married she can bring husband, kids etc but it is a long wait 

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

US Citizens can sponsor married children.

I got it. I understand now.

What can you advise the best try for both? :(

I got it. I understand now.

What can you advise the best try for both? :(

9 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes but she has to remain single for your mom to sponsor her (at least until your mom becomes a citizen) - this is 5-7 years after your mom gets her own green card (so anywhere from 6-9 years from now)

This is it. Fastest route. You won’t get either of them here quickly, and you can’t get them both at the same time.

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

This is it. Fastest route. You won’t get either of them here quickly, and you can’t get them both at the same time.

How can I be just useful and pay them some respect? I mean if you are in my place what could be the wise decision right now?

4 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

How can I be just useful and pay them some respect? I mean if you are in my place what could be the wise decision right now?

I don’t understand the question? (Useful, respect, to who and how?)

Unfortunately with US immigration it is what it is, procedures are defined by law and there are quotas on both categories that your sister could fall into which is why the wait for her is so long.  If you want them to come here, it is a long wait, long for your mother and very long for your sister. If you absolutely need to be reunited with them before that then unfortunately the only real option is for you to go back to your home country.  

7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I don’t understand the question? (Useful, respect, to who and how?)

Unfortunately with US immigration it is what it is, procedures are defined by law and there are quotas on both categories that your sister could fall into which is why the wait for her is so long.  If you want them to come here, it is a long wait, long for your mother and very long for your sister. If you absolutely need to be reunited with them before that then unfortunately the only real option is for you to go back to your home country.  

Perfect.

What should I start to do for them (sister and mom)? I will wait like everyone else
I mean which form should I file for my mom and sister? and what documents I need for filing?
Should I hire a lawyer or it is forms?

I feel bad because I waited till become an American to bring them here.

Perfect.

What should I start to do for them (sister and mom)? I will wait like everyone else
I mean which form should I file for my mom and sister? and what documents I need for filing?
Should I hire a lawyer or it is forms?

I feel bad because I waited till become an American to bring them here.

Don't feel bad because you could not petition to bring them here until you were a citizen anyway. Only US citizens are allowed to petition for parents and siblings.

Nothing you can do now but start the process. Immigration is very limited. And nothing is ever fast. It is hard to accept for a lot of people but this is what it is. Think of it this way, at least you have a chance to petition for them now. This option may not be available for everyone in the future.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

2 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Don't feel bad because you could not petition to bring them here until you were a citizen anyway. Only US citizens are allowed to petition for parents and siblings.

Nothing you can do now but start the process. Immigration is very limited. And nothing is ever fast. It is hard to accept for a lot of people but this is what it is. Think of it this way, at least you have a chance to petition for them now. This option may not be available for everyone in the future.

I agree.

Do you know which forms I need to get started petition for them? and what I need as a documents? 

2 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I agree.

Do you know which forms I need to get started petition for them? and what I need as a documents? 

You can find everything here: https://www.visajourney.com/guides/

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

3 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

You can find everything here: https://www.visajourney.com/guides/

Thank you.

Can I petition both of them (mom and sister) in one I-130 form? or I have to file two forms.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

one each

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

2 forms

Thank you,

8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

2 forms

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

one each

Thank you.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Thank you.

Can I petition both of them (mom and sister) in one I-130 form? or I have to file two forms.

Two I-130.  One case for your mother.  A second case for your sister.  Unrelated cases.  Each is separate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.