MosesDee

Lagos Nigeria Consulate Just booked my CR1 Appointment today. (merged)

37 posts in this topic

Good News guys!!! 😊

After the very long wait since last year April 2019 that my wife filed for my i130, today on my way driving back home from woek. I got an Email from National Visa Center(NVC) informing and notifying me that my visa interview has been scheduled to take place on the 16th of December 2020 in Lagos State, Nigeria.  

I never expected it, I'm so happy but sad somehow because I just left Lagos yesterday to Port Harcourt  after a 13hours drive. But I'm still super excited! 😊

For those of you in Nigeria still waiting,  just know that there is hope oh abeg!  Felt I should share this good news with you guys..  I really pray I can meet up with the medical and getting a new police report, because my old police report is already expired...   

Thanks to all of you here for the constant love and support we show and give to each other...... 👍❤ 

God bless you all.........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ayoleone said:

Bro mine is on the 9th I don’t know how to get the medical can you please assist me on that am curious and I don’t know how much the medical will cost 

minimum of 90k, you can try Q Life at Vi, The consultant practice at ikoyi, the list should be attached to your interview letter check it and contact them ASAP to get an appointment. its obvious it cant be ready before your interview

Timeline

My spouse just received email on yesterday 11/30/20 stating his interview date is 12/9/20 and he has not had the medical exam. The earliest he can get the medical exam is 12/10/20. What should we do? The process says to get medical exam after receiving interview date. Also registered on the US Embassy Nigeria site and when put in the case# it does not show an interview date.

6 minutes ago, Jaejite said:

My spouse just received email on yesterday 11/30/20 stating his interview date is 12/9/20 and he has not had the medical exam. The earliest he can get the medical exam is 12/10/20. What should we do? The process says to get medical exam after receiving interview date. Also registered on the US Embassy Nigeria site and when put in the case# it does not show an interview date.

The whole thing is just damn confusing to me I'm not even going to lie.. I don't know why these people just want to suffer us. They give us dates for appointment without giving us enough time to plan or go for our medicals. 

This is really not fair, if you are in Nigeria or your spouse is in Nigeria. Then kindly reach out to me for further information.  

17 hours ago, Ayoleone said:

Bro mine is on the 9th I don’t know how to get the medical can you please assist me on that am curious and I don’t know how much the medical will cost 

Seriously this people are not being considerate or even fair to applicants.. Not even up to 3weeks notice to prepare for medicals etc... It's so crazy,  I have already contacted one of the accredited physicians in Lagos sha, I'll be moving down to Lagos before weekend..

The thing just dey vex me sha.. 😐

15 hours ago, mac_skendy said:

minimum of 90k, you can try Q Life at Vi, The consultant practice at ikoyi, the list should be attached to your interview letter check it and contact them ASAP to get an appointment. its obvious it cant be ready before your interview

The price is way way more than that sir.. Q-Life sef when just get as their own things dey be.. None of their numbers dey ever connect! 😑

7 hours ago, Edika said:

Congratulation to you in Advance. When did you get DQ? 

I actually got Documentrily Qualified since May 22nd 2020.... It's been a long wait!    Don't worry fam, yours is on the way.... 👍

Timeline

@mosesdee he is in Lagos and i am in TX so how do we connect with you. He called the embassy# and all they told him was to send and email and hung up.

2 hours ago, Jaejite said:

The earliest he can get the medical exam is 12/10/20. What should we do?

Book that medical date. At the interview explain that there were no medical appointment slots before the visa interview and the officer should issue 221(g) while awaiting for the upcoming medical.

2 hours ago, Jaejite said:

Try and contact all 3 Medical Center and plead for an earlier date,select the one that gives the earliest date. Don't just rely on one. I would advise you all to ensure you empahsis at the various Medical Center your date for interview and see if they can send it in before that date. Like expedite for you. At least to avoid 221g which leads to another wait. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.