2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

I am April 24, 2019 filler.
I see a lot of approvals after the above mentioned date already.
I just requested local congressmen office to follow up with USCIS on my I-360 status and I will keep you posted guys.
Good luck to you all!

I am June, 2018 filler.

I have got my C-31 card in February, 2020. I think you have to get your approve very soon. Wish you good luck!

1 hour ago, Oskar1234 said:

Hello everyone.

After I got approved my I-360, I need to apply for I485 finally.

Can somebody give me exactly the list of documents I need to prepare to fill I485 after VAWA is approved?

I have something, but there is so many documents I need to prepare. I actually don't need marriage certificate, only divorce decree, right?

Can somebody please send exactly all list of document I need.

Thanks a lot

I-485 is actually pretty barebones and only deals with issues of admissibility, you only need to provide the following:

1. Copy of a government issued ID like a passport, driver's license, state ID, or EAD

2. Copy of birth certificate with translation if not in English

3. Copy of I-360 approval

4. Copy of proof of admission (passport with visa, entry stamp, and I-94) (this one is optional because VAWA self petitioners can adjust after an EWI)

5. If you changed your name: Copy of evidence there of (marriage certificate, divorce order, court order)

6. If you were ever arrested: Copy of the final disposition of the case (e.g. no charges filed, case dismissed, alternative sentencing, found not guilty, found guilty, etc)

VAWA self-petitioners are exempt from having to file I-944 or I-864.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

18 minutes ago, Demise said:

I-485 is actually pretty barebones and only deals with issues of admissibility, you only need to provide the following:

1. Copy of a government issued ID like a passport, driver's license, state ID, or EAD

2. Copy of birth certificate with translation if not in English

3. Copy of I-360 approval

4. Copy of proof of admission (passport with visa, entry stamp, and I-94) (this one is optional because VAWA self petitioners can adjust after an EWI)

5. If you changed your name: Copy of evidence there of (marriage certificate, divorce order, court order)

6. If you were ever arrested: Copy of the final disposition of the case (e.g. no charges filed, case dismissed, alternative sentencing, found not guilty, found guilty, etc)

VAWA self-petitioners are exempt from having to file I-944 or I-864.

Thank you so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Anyone here in California, more specific San Diego area, can recommend an affordable place to get a phycological evaluation done? My friend needs one asap but she is can’t find anything under 1K. =(

1k for a psych evaluation?

Timeline
8 hours ago, Keepinghope said:

Hello fam

hope we re all keeping safe and praying for approvals for everyone🙏🏼
  So my EAD was received by Vermont center on 06/10/20 which makes it outside processing time now and usually I get it before the Uscis due date , I sent them a letter and online service request but no response 

so I was worried if it’s because this is my 4th EAD that’s why it’s taking them so long or they wondering why I’m about to get a 4th EAD ?

The amount of EAD renewal doesn’t play a part in how long you’ll wait. You’re still within processing time for your renewal and you’ll get it soon. EAD renewals can take 6 months. You’ll get your card soon. 

1 hour ago, Godschild said:

Wishing everyone happy holidays and merry Christmas ahead of time. I’m expecting to have my baby any day now, so I’m going to be gone for a while. I pray everyone gets speedy approvals. Congratulations to all who’ve made it a step closer to the finish line and please celebrate every victory. The journey to citizenship is a marathon and not a sprint. We will get there, but patience is key. Please for new filers, send everything you’ve got the first time and don’t wait for RFE.  RFE increases your waiting period and that can be frustrating. Remember you don’t need an attorney to renew your EAD. It took me 5 mins to complete the form and mail renewals in. I learned that lesson the hard way, but I never spent a dime again. Be the light you want to see and pay it forward. I was supported by this forum, so Im here to support everyone on their journey. God bless you guys and your families. I look forward to reading all the approvals I’ve missed. 

Praying for your safe delivery dear. May God be with you!🙏🙏😊🚼

2 hours ago, Godschild said:

1k for a psych evaluation?

Yes. They need about 2-3 sessions, a couple tests then they do the evaluation. But she doesn’t have the money and the women’s shelter close to her isn’t doing it because of covid. 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Praying for your safe delivery dear. May God be with you!🙏🙏😊🚼

Thank you Queen. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Yes. They need about 2-3 sessions, a couple tests then they do the evaluation. But she doesn’t have the money and the women’s shelter close to her isn’t doing it because of covid. 

Wow, that makes me so sad. I just got to SD to start my new family. I wish I knew a place. My journey started and finished back on the East Coast and I didn’t pay a dime for an evaluation. I would contact Catholic Charities and see if they can help. 

4 hours ago, Godschild said:

The amount of EAD renewal doesn’t play a part in how long you’ll wait. You’re still within processing time for your renewal and you’ll get it soon. EAD renewals can take 6 months. You’ll get your card soon. 

Thank you for this , it’s reassuring so I’ll just be patient then 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.