2,962 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, usarlifecitizen said:

Hi 

The information was told to me by my DOJ representative.  I am not sure what to believe at this point or should I call USCIS to find out

Who gave the DOJ that information? did you ask them that? Also dont forget your congressperson and senator are at your service they can give you closure on that upon enquiry.. you can call if you want but VAWA cases are always treated as discreet.. almost always hits a brick wall when it comes to enquiring via calls! Infopass is also a very valuable resource!👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, sam012019 said:

although i sent evidence (bills, leases), USCIS claim that we lived separately(RFE). Its causing extreme mental stress what else to do or how else i can respond to their RFE?

I believe someone already answered this question before - if you don't have any other common bills etc then just have 2+ neighbors/friends/landlord write affidavits stating they know you lived together, and maybe add a personal statement too with explanations of 2 leases.

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I absolutely understand how stressful this is for you and all that but is there a reason why you submitted two separate residences as part of your documents to USCIS who are deligently dedicatedly and constantly trying to find loose ends even with very strong petitions? I feel you should have sumitted just one place of mutual primary residence and rest easy! The only thing you can do now is explain to them in writing how and why both residences came about alongside supporting documents then you should be fine!👍

Me and my ex were working in CT and NJ due to jobs, i was super honest in my application.They still sent me rfe quoting 101(a)(33).

3 hours ago, HopeHope__ said:

I think what USCIS wants to know is why you both kept 2 rentals. I have a similar situation but the reason for that is because my spouse works far away and come back home only on weekends because of the distance. I’m still waiting my approval. No RFE so far. 

I have the same situation , they sent me RFE for it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You are wrong.

I got confused and thought it was the same case of C9 EAD when a regular AOS case gets a RFE. And can't edit anymore.

My mistake.

Edited by Ayrton

13 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

Me and my ex were working in CT and NJ due to jobs, i was super honest in my application.They still sent me rfe quoting 101(a)(33).

There you go.. explain it away, once you give them closure they'll let you be! Throw in statements from fam and friends also landlords to affirm y'all lived together you should be fine!👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, sam012019 said:

Hi guys

has anyone experienced problems with two addresses , especially below section. Me and my abuser had two apts , both apts have both of our names on lease and we lived in together in both the places.

Section 101(a)(33) of the Act prescribes that, as used in the Act: "The term 'residence' means the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent.

Submit proof that he works in another State, submit proof how often he used to come home.Get affidavits from the Landlords informing if he/she saw your husband in your home address, how often, and get affidavits from your family and friends as well.They must describe how they know that your spouse was working in another State and used to come home often.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, usarlifecitizen said:

Here is my timeline 

I need some advice please.  Here is my timeline so far

Forms Filed May 2018  -   I360, I485 and I 765 

Receipt notices received June 2018

Biometrics July 2018

1st Prima Facie July 2018

EAD Approval letter August 2018

EAD Renewal letter April 2019

2nd Prima Facie July 2019

Receipt notice For I765 EAD July 2019

2nd EAD received July 2019

December 2019 RFE for proof of battery

Ugh a stressful point,  I was devastated but I overcame.  I submitted RFE.

RFE sumbitted

VAWA Approved March 2020

Received new EAD C31 March 2020

Received I 485 receipt notice case transferred March 2020

Request for Applicant to appear for Interview  September 2020

This is the concern the interview was schedule in Santa Ana, CA and I live in Atlanta GA so I was unable to attend the interview.  This was received late during the COVID and my paperwork was assigned to GA field office where I should have had my interview but somehow went to Santa Ana, CA.  I have not heard anything since what do I do? I was told that my file was sent back to California and that when they receive it they will reschedule my interview.  Is this correct how was an appointment needed to be made to reschedule? @sandranj I need help on this please?  Please advise.

Thank you!

Any thoughts how I should handle this please?

My EAD expires March 2021.  I submitted the renewal and got the receipt notice 180 day extension on 1/21 but have not received the card yet

Contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.

1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

I got confused and thought it was the same case of C9 EAD when a regular AOS case gets a RFE.

My mistake.

We all make mistakes Lord knows I do I learn so much here from the great minds here Sandra, Villanelle, TboneTX to name a few..😊🙏

15 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Submit proof that he works in another State, submit proof how often he used to come home.Get affidavits from the Landlords informing if he/she saw your husband in your home address, how often, and get affidavits from your family and friends as well.They must describe how they know that your spouse was working in another State and used to come home often.

thank you

Timeline
On 2/19/2021 at 7:05 PM, Sk1992 said:

It’s been a while we haven’t seen any approvals from 2019. Seems like they suddenly stops and start again.!  August 2019.. idk this wait is killing me and many like me

More approvals are on the way coming 

54 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

I have questioned my attorney regarding residence concerns because I read a few USCIS administrative decisions quoting 101(a) (33) and got really scared. My distance is even longer than yours ( NJ - FL). My attorney thinks I have submitted more than enough documentation and because Vawa requires you to live with the person for only one day she thinks I will be ok. In my case I’m 100% financially dependent on him and he pays the rent and all the bills. I have submitted bills under his name, several pictures of us at home, delivery papers of new furniture bought by him and sent to our home in FL, his 2 FL cars. I also submitted an Affidavit from the clinic in FL that I used to go every weekend with him when I was pregnant. Even though I have this evidences  I’m super worried and before they issued RFE I will try to get letter from friends and neighbors. I know a person that had this situation and got RFE but she was approved in the end. I feel your struggle and I hope everything goes well for you! 

Edited by HopeHope__

Hi all, 

I will be proceeding with concurrent filing of I-360 and I-485 (and I-765). My lawyer has said that my case is strong as both proof of a bona fide marriage and proof of physical abuse are strong. 

What my lawyer isn't able to tell me is how much time it would take to get an EAD and AP if I apply under category c(9). I already have a job that I started working for after getting my Marriage based AOS. Since that filing will no longer be valid after we file VAWA concurrently, I am concerned that I might get a gap in work. 

I don't think I can work using my current EAD once I file I-360 and I-485 VAWA. My wife and I are also in the process to get a divorce, but it would be 6 months or so before that is finalized.    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.