2,962 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, goodVibes said:
February 10, 2021 
New Card Is Being Produced
August 6, 2019 
We received your response for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
July 3, 2019 
We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
April 15, 2019 
We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Congratulations.

21 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

I have completed the privacy form with my congress woman to inquire for information on my case and received this message. What should I tell her office asking me for more information?

Screenshot_20210211-162038290_1.jpg

Immigration. And send her your receipt number and explain why you need her help, like why you are inquiring on your case

Edited by Ana FL

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

On 2/9/2021 at 8:41 AM, IWA123 said:

Yes that is the way to go about it. I recently got approved for financial aid using my Prima Facie but IN MY STATE, the school I wanted to attend  inform me that I will only be considered in state student(for tuition rate) AFTER one year of my I-485 priority date HOWEVER they said I can claim in state domicile based on my spouse if he is a resident of the state. 

Am trying to fill the FASFA form, there is a section where i need to put in our 2019 tax which was jountly filled with my Ex, i was not working then, but we filled together and he claimed my daughter.  Can you help me out what am going to put down on tax return of 2019. Thank you

3 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Immigration. And send her your receipt number and explain why you need her help, like why you are inquiring on your case

I did. But it looks like they don't have a lot of immigrants here in missouri in my town. I told them to inquire on my case as it is Outside normal processing time or if uscis can tell me how far

Timeline
9 hours ago, John_ said:

My I-485 interview was canceled February 01 2021 because of snowstorm in NYC. Anybody know how long they usually take to reschedule a new interview date? From what I see they might also send me RFE for new medicals.

If you are lucky it can take weeks to reschedule your interview, or months, and yes they might wave your interview.

1 hour ago, God is a good God said:

I did. But it looks like they don't have a lot of immigrants here in missouri in my town. I told them to inquire on my case as it is Outside normal processing time or if uscis can tell me how far

Is it about your I-360 or I-485? How long have you been waiting? 
sometimes it’s easier to call and explain to them over the phone

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: Other Timeline
11 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

To pry forth some approvals, progression, and waived medicals, it's obviously time for a joke:

One day, the zookeeper noticed that the monkey was reading two books side-by-side:  the Holy Bible, and Charles Darwin's "The Origin of Species."

In surprise, he asked the monkey, "Why are you reading both of those books?"

"Well," said the monkey, "I just wanted to determine whether I'm my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

I always love it when you keep the humor going on as laughter is the best medicine during these times of no approvals.

Thanks and God 🙏 bless you

On 2/10/2021 at 3:25 PM, goodVibes said:
February 10, 2021 
New Card Is Being Produced
August 6, 2019 
We received your response for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
July 3, 2019 
We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
April 15, 2019 
We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

When someone gets approved from

2019 it gives me so much hope.would you please tell what was the RFE about?

16 hours ago, Risen said:

Am trying to fill the FASFA form, there is a section where i need to put in our 2019 tax which was jountly filled with my Ex, i was not working then, but we filled together and he claimed my daughter.  Can you help me out what am going to put down on tax return of 2019. Thank you

Are you filing online or on a print out?  I file the FASA online and it has an option where it asks if they can get your tax return from IRS electronically and I said yes. 

Hi All,

I am new here and finding it hard to navigate. Apologies if this is a repeated scenario.

Attorney 1 - Filed marriage based GC on April 2020, sent I-485/I-765/1-130/I-131 and received receipts (MSC********)

After abuse I reached back to attorney and said she cannot support me for VAWA so I reached out to Attorney2 who filed I-360 and re-used my existing I-485

Attorney2 filed VAWA in August 2020 - receipt received Sep 2020 - Prima Facie received Oct 2020

Biometrics received for I-485/I-765 on Jan 6th 2021.

Meanwhile my X has withdrawn I-130 in Nov 2020

1) Should my I-485/I-765/I-130 be transferred to vermont? is this a mandatory step in the process? Receipts says MSC so should be at missouri location and I-360 says EAC and would be vermont

2) When should i be expecting EAD and travel parole? Currently I-765 is outside processing time and I have submitted a request with USCIS and there has been no response. Reached out to Attorney2 and she says she did not file them and cannot help me regarding it.

Overall I am confused with my processing timelines and feel like attorneys have been taking money but do not give me the right information or help in my vulnerable situation. Any guidance is appreciated.

21 minutes ago, Varna said:

Hi All,

I am new here and finding it hard to navigate. Apologies if this is a repeated scenario.

Attorney 1 - Filed marriage based GC on April 2020, sent I-485/I-765/1-130/I-131 and received receipts (MSC********)

After abuse I reached back to attorney and said she cannot support me for VAWA so I reached out to Attorney2 who filed I-360 and re-used my existing I-485

Attorney2 filed VAWA in August 2020 - receipt received Sep 2020 - Prima Facie received Oct 2020

Biometrics received for I-485/I-765 on Jan 6th 2021.

Meanwhile my X has withdrawn I-130 in Nov 2020

1) Should my I-485/I-765/I-130 be transferred to vermont? is this a mandatory step in the process? Receipts says MSC so should be at missouri location and I-360 says EAC and would be vermont

2) When should i be expecting EAD and travel parole? Currently I-765 is outside processing time and I have submitted a request with USCIS and there has been no response. Reached out to Attorney2 and she says she did not file them and cannot help me regarding it.

Overall I am confused with my processing timelines and feel like attorneys have been taking money but do not give me the right information or help in my vulnerable situation. Any guidance is appreciated.

Once you filed for Vawa. Vermont has jurisdiction on all your cases this is base on privacy policy regarding abuse victims. You need to find out if that withdrawn of your I-130 also made your I-485 denied, you mentioned Attorney #2 Re-used I-485 this means he probably sent a copy of your I-485 package along with I-360 for Vermont to linked but USCIS is messy sometimes. I suggest you to contact your congress office to find out if your I-485 include all receipt #s I-765. I-131 on the inquiry request and check with them if it is on hold, or not. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.