2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, sandranj said:

She can file form I-485 if she is in removal proceedings, and when the I-360 is approved  she has to ask the Court to terminate the proceedings in order for her to attend the AOS interview with the USCIS.

How long usually for The judge to Terminate case My 360 its approved We ask the court  to terminate my case its been 6 months I m in Boston ! 

8 hours ago, Apolo said:

Dear VJ Family can someone provide me with a templet that i can send to my local office to see the status of my I-485? 

Thank you in advance.

I'm trying to understand you here...do you mean that someone should give you a draft/format of the letter to USCIS? If that's what you mean you do not need that..simply write to them in your own simple words. Be aware that you can find out more about your case through infopass or Congressional inquiry!👍

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Iceman1 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @PayingForward I just got an update this morning that my interview has been scheduled! 🥳🥳🥳 

That’s wonderful!! Good luck 😊

16 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I'm trying to understand you here...do you mean that someone should give you a draft/format of the letter to USCIS? If that's what you mean you do not need that..simply write to them in your own simple words. Be aware that you can find out more about your case through infopass or Congressional inquiry!👍

Idk if I can schedule an infopass appointment since this is not an emergency I just want to find out the status of my I-485 and I reached out to my congressman but so far no reply. And I just wanna see a example of a correct letter format since I’m addressing a federal agency and this will be my first time doing that. 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Oldbrother said:

How long usually for The judge to Terminate case My 360 its approved We ask the court  to terminate my case its been 6 months I m in Boston ! 

Mine took about 2 months. That was in 2018. The Covid backlog must be causing your delay. Just be patient. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

Mine took about 2 months. That was in 2018. The Covid backlog must be causing your delay. Just be patient. 

Thank you Can you share your timeline please?

18 hours ago, PayingForward said:

Below is my timeline. please look at my earlier posts with details on interview experience if that helps.

vawa approval - Aug 2019

aos applied - Nov 2019

Ready to be scheduled status - Nov 16

Interview notice - Nov 26

Interview in Dallas FO - Dec 02

Online status updated to card production same day

Good luck to you 👍😊

@PayingForward How long did it take for you to receive the card? Mine was produced on December 23. I wonder how long it will take for me to get it. 

Hey @sandranj thank you for your help. I didn't know I can file i485 with Vermont since I am in immigration proceedings. I sent my i485 to a special uscis location irving TX last month. I should have sent it to Vermont then. How must i transfer it from irving TX to Vermont? To avoid delay in processing once my i360 is approved

1 hour ago, HoustonVAWA said:

@PayingForward How long did it take for you to receive the card? Mine was produced on December 23. I wonder how long it will take for me to get it. 

My lawyer received card in 10 days. Tracking number was posted in online status. You should receive your card soon. But please expect some delays due to delays with USPS processing 👍

Hello folks I just need some help ..my attorney is asking the question I’m typing below for I485 fee waver ! She wanna submit to the court (485) because I’m in r.processing but i really don’t know how can I find them I believe 3. I have it because I requested again but others I have not have ..

Can you send me the following documents:
1) I-130 Receipt notice;
2) I-485 Receipt notice; what I filed with my spouse !
3) I-485 notice of administrative closure. 

I want to make sure we have all the documents so we avoid you having to pay the I-485 fee again.
By the way my I360 still pending ! 

Edited by Mortaldreams

Timeline
32 minutes ago, HoustonVAWA said:
My I-485 online status:
"December 28, 2020 Case Was Approved
December 23, 2020 We ordered your new card."

I don't know how much longer do I need to wait to receive my green card... Any ideas?

Congrats 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mortaldreams said:

Hello folks I just need some help ..my attorney is asking the question I’m typing below for I485 fee waver ! She wanna submit to the court (485) because I’m in r.processing but i really don’t know how can I find them I believe 3. I have it because I requested again but others I have not have ..

Can you send me the following documents:
1) I-130 Receipt notice;
2) I-485 Receipt notice; what I filed with my spouse !
3) I-485 notice of administrative closure. 

I want to make sure we have all the documents so we avoid you having to pay the I-485 fee again.
By the way my I360 still pending ! 

How far are you in your process? I am in the same situation as you but I have all 3 documents your lawyer is asking for so you should have them too if you have submitted a I-485 application.

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

1 hour ago, HoustonVAWA said:
My I-485 online status:
"December 28, 2020 Case Was Approved
December 23, 2020 We ordered your new card."

I don't know how much longer do I need to wait to receive my green card... Any ideas?

That's normal and congrats!🎊🎉😊 you should get it within the next 7-14 days. Got mine earlier..but those where pre-covid days!💁👍

38 minutes ago, Wayne386 said:

How far are you in your process? I am in the same situation as you but I have all 3 documents your lawyer is asking for so you should have them too if you have submitted a I-485 application.

I’m more than 1 year.  I had because we submitted but when I left my spouse didn’t give nothing. How it was hard to collect all document for just I 360 I have receipt number which I was checking case status but I believe she is asking the paper what uscis mailing 

Edited by Mortaldreams

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.