PWB

Travel from Philippines to the US (Texas) During Covid

48 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, TShayne said:

We are looking at Japan air from Manila to Japan the American airlines to Dallas. There are two American flights out of Japan to Dallas. AA 8439 fly out in the morning from Japan and arrives 7am Dallas time. According to flight activity log, there are 4 flights a week . Over the last couple weeks no cancelations. Flight AA60 leaves Japan late afternoon and arrives around 2pm. The activity log for it, shows its a daily flight.  But the last two Tuesdays it was cancelled, and once on Sunday. But again that is as of today. Hopefully nothing will change so we all can get our loved ones here. 

Just make sure you land in like Narita and don't have to transfer to Haneda or vice versa,  Last time I looked they were doing that on some flight, I think the bus/train ride is like 45 minutes.

That's not a bad flight at all, and Japan Airlines seems to have much better food compared to AA.  For sure the flight attendants on Japan Airlines are younger, sexier and much more cute than the wildebeast old fat hags they have on either American Airlines or Delta..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/26/2020 at 4:06 AM, flicks1998 said:

Layover was in Japan on Eva???? Do you mean Taiwan?  

No. It is Japan.

Tokyo Japan, they did not require negative covid test at that time as long as it just a short time transit/layover.  

He went to check in skycanner website and checked on eva air.  

Timeline

I have flown 2 times from NYC to Manila and then from Manila to Diplog City.  

JFK to MNL; 1st flight as PAL - Little more expensive,,,but a great flight experience. Second time was with Air China....low price = low service.  Travel within the country we used Cebu Air - Low price - but low service.  

We are planning on going back for 6 weeks, as the wife and I recently had a son.  We prey that this COVID thing lifts soon, as travel in the Philippines in not an option for Americans at this time.  Moreover, getting from Manila to the province in almost impossible.    May SURE you check, as my buddy has a wife there and went through hell trying to get back to his wife.  

1 hour ago, njde1988 said:

JFK to MNL; 1st flight as PAL - Little more expensive,,,but a great flight experience. Second time was with Air China....low price = low service.  Travel within the country we used Cebu Air - Low price - but low service.  

We are planning on going back for 6 weeks, as the wife and I recently had a son.  We prey that this COVID thing lifts soon, as travel in the Philippines in not an option for Americans at this time.  Moreover, getting from Manila to the province in almost impossible.    May SURE you check, as my buddy has a wife there and went through hell trying to get back to his wife.  

American can get into Philippines, seems pretty easy. You just need a wife there or bring one with you. Have a kid there.

I will give you a little insight, Stay far way from any airline with "China" in their name, they are bottom of the barrel carriers. I wouldn't land any place inside communist China.

Do you consider Diplog City safe for Americans?  I have heard mixed reviews on the place.  Or is it the surrounding areas tht are not safe.

Timeline
10 hours ago, njde1988 said:

We are working a plan that involves Emirates Airlines and so far things have went well.  Emirates has a hospital that they use for covid testing and she is to be tested Tuesday in Manila and Depart on December 3rd.  We picked Emirates because they fly direct to Houston and that will be her POE as well as termination of flight.   So no worrying  about making connections.  Will submit a follow up on all this when she gets here.

Timeline

Do you consider Diplog City safe for Americans?  I have heard mixed reviews on the place.  Or is it the surrounding areas tht are not safe.

I stayed in Lilloy, PH for three weeks,  I felt pretty safe and registered with the Police Dept.  We even took a bus back from Liloy to Diplog.  I would say, ya have to play safe and always be on your toes.  

No issues for me.

10 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

The vast majority of time as long as you follow the advice of locals then you will be fine. I have traveled extensively throughout Eastern and Northern Mindanao and haven't had a problem at all. 

8 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The vast majority of time as long as you follow the advice of locals then you will be fine. I have traveled extensively throughout Eastern and Northern Mindanao and haven't had a problem at all. 

Agreed, but it seem when you start going west in Mindanao you find places that Americans should never go.  I am familiar with Davao and the surrounding areas.  When I first went to Philippines 15 years ago General Santos was not considered safe to travel alone there, now of days it's safe.  

9 hours ago, njde1988 said:

I stayed in Lilloy, PH for three weeks,  I felt pretty safe and registered with the Police Dept.  We even took a bus back from Liloy to Diplog.  I would say, ya have to play safe and always be on your toes.  

No issues for me.

You were pretty far west in Mindanao.  What airport did you land at? and how far was the ride to Liloy? 

14 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Agreed, but it seem when you start going west in Mindanao you find places that Americans should never go.  I am familiar with Davao and the surrounding areas.  When I first went to Philippines 15 years ago General Santos was not considered safe to travel alone there, now of days it's safe.  

Completely agree. Hopefully next time we go back we go see some family in South Cotabato. My asawa is kinda hesitant to take me there because it can be kind of dangerous. 

Timeline

Our flight on Emirates was cancelled twice "once in August and now in December".  Just a US PASSPORT will not get into the country.

Travel to the Philippines

Visa on arrival for eligible nationalities is suspended and international connections/transit are no longer permitted.

Passengers travelling to the Philippines must take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test on arrival and undergo quarantine procedures in approved facilities while awaiting for the test results. The cost of quarantine accommodations shall be shouldered by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) for land-based OFWs and by the local manning agency and/or Maritime Industry Authority for sea-based OFWs. OFWs must present their Overseas Employment Card (OEC) or Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) card at the time of check-in for validation.

Non-OFWs, namely Overseas Filipinos (OFs) returning home can choose from among the approved quarantine facilities at their own cost. Before arriving at the airport, passengers must also complete the Case Investigation form, the Affidavit of Undertaking form, and the Health Declaration card.

Passengers, particularly Non-OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers), may undergo the required COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test at the accredited private testing centres established at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport at their own cost (approximately USD 80 or PHP 4,000).

It is mandatory to wear a face mask and face shield within the terminal and all public transportation in the Philippines.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, PWB said:

I think you are right about covid testing and Emirates.  Problem is finding a place in Manila that will do the testing at a reasonable price.  8000peso seems high.

$160 is not only a bit high, it's outrageous.

My wife took a rapid test before she left Manila to Isabella province and it was $80.

When she left quarantine in Isabella the rapid test was nothing.

Congratulations on her approval.

Timeline
1 hour ago, GEEPEECEE said:

Not sure if applicable anymore, but the EVA Airlines from MNL to IAH (Houston) is a pretty good option. IVE taken this route for the past several years now..transits through TPE/Taiwan. 

My favorite way for me to fly to Manila.  Flight leaves Houston at midnight and I can sleep just about all the way.  Problem is this K1 flight with her and connections.   Thanks

2 hours ago, Mylilelar said:

$160 is not only a bit high, it's outrageous.

My wife took a rapid test before she left Manila to Isabella province and it was $80.

When she left quarantine in Isabella the rapid test was nothing.

Congratulations on her approval.

PHP 8,000 is definitely way too expensive, but we have to be clear: there are many different types of COVID-19 tests with different prices and levels of accuracy (source)

From what I can see, a rapid test is much cheaper, takes less time, but has a much higher error rate.

The usual test required by airlines is the RT-PCR test, considered the "gold standard" for COVID-19 test, which takes specialized equipment and currently has a price cap of PHP 5,000 (source).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.