dwheels76

RFE at USCIS they play too much

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Why in the world does USCIS do this. Request the very thing you sent them. Like what in the world.

Also what do you do when they ask for affidavits of explanations why family members (parents, siblings) were not at the wedding) and noratized? How detailed should it be or is something like this below okay.

Dear Sir or Madame:

This letter is written in support of my INSERT RELATIONSHIP with INSERT NAME and HIS OR HER HUSBAND / WIFE, NAME. They live together at INSERT ADDRESS. I have known NAME for (NUMBER) years. On DATE, NAME married HIS/HER fiancé NAME in a civil (or religious) ceremony in STATE. (For example, NAMES selected me, to serve as a witness to the marriage OR I know NAMES as they are my neighbors or NAME is my co worker).

INSERT REASON FAMILY DID NOT ATTEND THE WEDDING AND OTHER DETAILS OF HOW THIS PERSON OR FAMILY MEMBER SPENT TIME WITH YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE. THE POINT OF THIS LETTER IS TO SHOW THAT YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE PRESENT YOURSELVES TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS AS A MARRIED COUPLE. EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T AT THE WEDDING.

I support NAME & NAME’s marriage and welcome NAME to our family (or friendship).

Signed and certified this _______ of MONTH 2020__:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

4 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Why in the world does USCIS do this. Request the very thing you sent them. Like what in the world.

Also what do you do when they ask for affidavits of explanations why family members (parents, siblings) were not at the wedding) and noratized? How detailed should it be or is something like this below okay.

I'd be interested to see the actual RFE from USCIS.  None of my family and friends attended our wedding and USCIS has not asked why.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Chancy said:

I'd be interested to see the actual RFE from USCIS.  None of my family and friends attended our wedding and USCIS has not asked why.

This is about the 5th one I have seen in the last few years all Nigeria. West African countries not having immediate family there is a BIG red flag. Due to so many women going there and having secret weddings. Because he is married with kids usually. So family is not told until after the fact or sometimes the family is in on it.

So when a woman says she got marred but none of his African family attended especially from Nigeria it's suspect.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
14 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Reflects on the fraud level of the consulate in question, just a guess.

Yep. Have noticed though USCIS is really doing the full court press on these West African countries. Even requesting DNA test.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Dear Sir or Madame:

This letter is written in support of my INSERT RELATIONSHIP with INSERT NAME and HIS OR HER HUSBAND / WIFE, NAME. They live together at INSERT ADDRESS. I have known NAME for (NUMBER) years. On DATE, NAME married HIS/HER fiancé NAME in a civil (or religious) ceremony in STATE. (For example, NAMES selected me, to serve as a witness to the marriage OR I know NAMES as they are my neighbors or NAME is my co worker).

INSERT REASON FAMILY DID NOT ATTEND THE WEDDING AND OTHER DETAILS OF HOW THIS PERSON OR FAMILY MEMBER SPENT TIME WITH YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE. THE POINT OF THIS LETTER IS TO SHOW THAT YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE PRESENT YOURSELVES TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS AS A MARRIED COUPLE. EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T AT THE WEDDING.

I support NAME & NAME’s marriage and welcome NAME to our family (or friendship).

I think what is outlined above is OK. An affidavit from a friend or family member should begin with a declaration of: "I, (your name), hereby declare the following:" And should end with "I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my
knowledge."  Notarization is not required for them to accept it but at the same time they can dismiss the contents if its not notarized. Because the RFE instructed it to be notarized then it should definitely be notarized!

It needs to include (as you have) the basics of the relationship of the person writing it to the couple in question and as much specific and detailed information as possible. It seems they are asking for the specific reasons why the author of the affidavit did not attend the wedding. So what was the reason and what if anything is available as evidence to support it? Ex- I didnt attend the wedding because I am currently at the North Pole for work, I am a professional snow removal expert. I am attaching my snow shoveling degree as well as pictures of me and Santa having a snowball fight the day of the wedding. I am also attaching screenshots of me congratulating the couple on social media and expressing my sadness for missing such a special day. Here is the receipt for the gift I bought them and a picture they sent me back of them enjoying my gift. 

It also seems they are looking for information about the authors interactions with the couple- again the best things to write about here are things that you have some sort of evidence to support (pictures, receipts, messages, etc). For a coworker this could be talking about the company picnic which they attended with their spouse and spent time with the couple in question, and how they won the three legged race and the couple came in second- picture attached of them all at the finish line. 

The examples I listed above are intentionally silly but hopefully are effective in giving you an idea of the stuff they are looking for. This is obviously a very regional based RFE request and I am not familiar with the customs and traditions there. Ideally you want to touch upon those customs as much as you can. You should try to balance out the affidavit to both explain why certain customs didnt happen like they should have (with a logical explanation as well as evidence to support it) as well as include examples where the customs were followed with any supporting evidence you may have. If its not possible for one person to do both then try to submit some affidavits from people about the lack of customs and some from

people with knowledge of those that did occur. Hope that all makes sense!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Dwheels gave a good answer that probably explains the "why?" but we really need to see the wording of the RFE to give a meaningful answer.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

22 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Dear Sir or Madame:

I received about the same thing after about 10 1/2 months of waiting.  I wrote a 5 page letter explaining all that.  I did get Others to submit Affidavits also Our lawyer also wrote a note, and stated that the evidence they were requesting has already been submitted, and now/then resubmitted.  Though there was errors in the translations we had originally submitted.  So got new ones.  we submitted about 89 pages of response to the RFE.  We did get an approval.  I would suggest that you UPLOAD the documents do not "Snail mail"  them.  Ours sat for over 3 weeks without even an acknowledgement of them receiving them, and if you call you get the USCIS standard reply, "It can take up to 60 days."  I uploaded the docs. and, it was instantly updated on the accounts.   in my opinion it was the age difference that we received this prejudice against us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.