Andytn3591

My I-751 Interview Experience.

36 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Andytn3591 said:

Quick updates:

I just got my 2nd interview today. It was a stoke interview. We were separated. I handed her new stuffs that we didn’t show at the first interview. The IO gave me like over 100 questions. All kind of stuffs ( story how we met, our religion, our church, draw our house, how the room is set up, last time we were separated at night, tattoos, travels history.....). We had the same answers for most things. We made 1 or 2 mistakes.
1/ She ask me if I travel back to my country after married. I answered about 5 times. Then she asked how long. I said 1 to 3 months is the longest. My wife just answered 2-3 weeks, IO asked if there were any longer trips, my wife said over a month is the longest. I think it was my bad since I traveled back there for 3 months before we married.

2/ she asked when was the last time we were separated. I said my trip to Florida last month was a few days long. My wife thought about the previous trip so she answered 2-3 weeks.

She then asked me why I said in my AOS interview that our first date was June 14 and now I said June 15. I said no, 14 is a mistake, 15 is the exact date. She asked my wife the same. My wife said it was 14 midnight and 15 early morning so it should be 15.

Next thing is that she told me that I said I proposed on New Year Eve on my AOS interview; why would I said that I proposed on June 15. I said I don’t know where you get that date, but’s it’s an important date for me so I remember it. It’s exactly one year since I asked her to be my girlfriend.

Then she asked my wife the same thing but instead of new year eve, she changed the date to Oc 16???? The she asked my wife to answer why. My wife were not sure if we put that date on the interview so she just said somethings like our exact date will be June 15 but We would have put Oct 16 on because from that day she thought the relationship would be more serious and she started to plan for the future. 

The weird thing is that IO didn’t call me in to verify what the missmatchs were. She just gave my wife the Notice of interview result that is exactly the same with the paper we received last interview and sent my wife out. The IO was polite and professional. She was the one that interviewed us last time.

I was sitting in the waiting room and someone came to me and tell me that my wife is waiting for me outside. I met my wife outside of the building. Now I have to wait again. This waiting game makes me sick. Idk why they’re wasting their time and our time on our 5-year legimate marriage.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it is really the dates that looked like red flags to the IO? Fingers crossed for you that they approve your case!!!!

N400 Timeline, 5 year rule

FO: Washington DC (Fairfax, VA)

2/9/23 Sent application by Mail

2/13/23 USCIS Received

2/16/23 USCIS NOA1 date and sent the mail

2/16/23 USCIS NOA2 and sent mail with online access code

2/18/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment and sent letter

2/24/23 Received NOA1 and NOA2 in the mail

2/25/23 Received Bio appointment letter in the mail

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

3/9/23 Online Update: Case is actively reviewed by USCIS

7/20/23 Case placed in queue for an interview to be scheduled

7/26/23 Interview Scheduled

9/1/23 Interview, decision cannot be made

9/7/23 Recommended for approval; Oath ceremony will be scheduled

9/8/23 Oath ceremony scheduled

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, aperson said:

Hi there, any update on your interview? What is your current online status?

Hey how was your interview? Any updates?

Hi there, sorry for late reply been busy moving to our new place :) .

as for the interview itself it went great. The person was very kind and had the same hobbies as me and my husband , and saw how me and hubby would talk about how we fell in love cause of our hobby and of course he asked also where my husband works , where we live , how long we have known each other , what is our plan for the future and that was about it.

he told us we should know in 2 weeks if we got approved , but once we got in the car to go drive back home on a 3 hr ride I saw my USCIS tracker and it says my card is in process . 
I was in tears that it is finally over and I actually got my green card in the mail yesterday.

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

• 2 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 11/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, Andytn3591 said:

I got my I-751 interview just a few hours ago. Here's my experience:

I had the interview for AOS a few years ago. I was approved on site. I then apply for ROC in Sep 2018. There was no update until June last year. They called me in for fingerprints. In December 2019, they asked for RFE "Marriage in good faith, not enough evidences". I sent out everything with both of our names includes:

- Bank Statements ( 2016-2019)

- Joint tax returns (2016-2019)

- Car insurance.

- Phone bills.

- Car title.

- My life insurance with my wife's name on it.

- Affidavit letters from 2 friends.

- Affidavit letter from my sister-in-law, the property owner, that we're living in the house for free without paying any bills.

- Our honey moon flight tickets and hotels to TX.

The status changed to "ready to be interviewed" on April 1st 2020

I got my interview notice a month ago.

I attended at my interview today with my wife. We were 30 mins early from the schedule. The security checked and let us in. There were not many people in the waiting room. I waited for about 20 mins. Then the IO came out and let us in.

The IO was nice. She led us to her room. Then she asked us to raise our right hand for the oath.

She said she would go through all the info on the application. She then asked me my name, DOB, address, my wife's name, DOB. 

Then she asked what documents I brought with me today. I handed her my recent phone bills. She didn't check and returned it right away, and she said she got it with her. Then my life insurance; she said she had it too; then my tax returns. She only took the 2019 and returned the rest. Then I asked her if she already had my affidavit letters. She asked if they're from the same people in the RFE files. I said yes. She said she had them all. She then asked if there was anything new. I gave her my new car insurance and she said it's good. Then I returned to my seat.

She then asked how we met. I asked her if she wants me or my wife to answer. She said whoever. Then she asked us what day we became official bf and gf. When and who proposed ? When was the wedding? Where? Was there any party? Who attended? Did you have honeymoon? She then asked who we met in our honeymoon trip.

Then she asked if we are currently working. I said only my wife is. She then smiled and said that if I was unemployed due to the Covid-19. I said yes.

Then she asked when was the last time we traveled. Where? Do you have picture of the trip? I said yes I tried to find it in the stack of photos that I brought with me. I couldn't find it and I said sorry with her. She asked what pictures I have with me. I handed her the whole stack. She look at every single one of them, some took longer than the others.

Then she asked if we purchased anything big together? We was confused and said no. She asked us again. This time she asked "Did you two purchased anything significant big together". We said no.

Then she asked us the third time. "In Dec 2018 - Jan 2019, did you purchase anything big?" I was looking at her document that she's working on. It was my bank statement. With highlighted lines in Yellow. Then I realized what she was actually asking. I had a wire transfer that was over $40k back then. A family friend that is an international student wants to buy a new Lexus. But there they only allow to transfer $7k / year to international student so I just help her transfer it since they allow more for US. resident. I had the documents of the car she bought include the check of paying off the car, the title in my friend's name, and picture of the check. I handed her all of those. She took all the documents and move on. I think the main reason that I was called for interview is that wire transfer. I tried to prepare this in case they asked and I was prepared.

Then she told us that why in our AOS interview we said that we married in June 2015. We said no, we never said that. That was the day we became official bf and gf. I think she tried to trick us here.

Then she ask if I was on F1 visa, where did I go to school? did I graduate? Then if I've been working since we married. Was I unemployed due to Covid?

Then she said that wait her a minute, then she print out the Notice of Interview Results. She said that she cannot make decision right now and she will hand everything to her supervisor. If they need anything, they will let me know in mail. 

She asked if I need anything. I asked her about my pending N-400 that I filed in August. I still haven't receive notification for biometric yet. She checked and said that it says processing, and she told me to be patient since Covid delays everything.

The interview took about 20 mins. It was smooth and the IO was friendly. I don't know why I was not approved on site but hopefully I will get approved in a few days.

I've been following this forum for a long time and never comment. I hope this will help anyone that has the same situation get some ideas of what's going on. Thank you for reading.

Any update on your case? What is your service center and your where is your local office? 

• 2 weeks later...

I filled my joint i751 on April 2018, in February 2019 got divorced and only communication were fingerprints in almost 3 years of time, so in January 2021 I decided to go Mandamus route after numerous tries to kick the case with congressman ombudsman etc...So once I filled mandamus in January 2021 I got interview set in February 2021 for March 16, attended it and was grilled for 1h45minutes, after it had a hard feeling that I am actually a human being, she told me at the end that she still needs some more time and that will inform via mail about the decision, my case tracker is stuck ever since in fingerprints done on July 22, 2019, bottom line feeling miserable after all this bs, plenty of proof, entered 100% my marriage in good faith, got cheated by ex wife and mutual friend at that time, she stayed pregnant that’s why we divorced...on top of all that misery they kept me another 2 years lingering in that past life, if I didn’t sue them who know when I would actually get moving, so was left with Mandamus as the only option and got grilled like I am a criminal, never done anything wrong in this country, wondering how I deserved all of this

1 hour ago, Srdan said:

I filled my joint i751 on April 2018, in February 2019 got divorced and only communication were fingerprints in almost 3 years of time, so in January 2021 I decided to go Mandamus route after numerous tries to kick the case with congressman ombudsman etc...So once I filled mandamus in January 2021 I got interview set in February 2021 for March 16, attended it and was grilled for 1h45minutes, after it had a hard feeling that I am actually a human being, she told me at the end that she still needs some more time and that will inform via mail about the decision, my case tracker is stuck ever since in fingerprints done on July 22, 2019, bottom line feeling miserable after all this bs, plenty of proof, entered 100% my marriage in good faith, got cheated by ex wife and mutual friend at that time, she stayed pregnant that’s why we divorced...on top of all that misery they kept me another 2 years lingering in that past life, if I didn’t sue them who know when I would actually get moving, so was left with Mandamus as the only option and got grilled like I am a criminal, never done anything wrong in this country, wondering how I deserved all of this

I don't understand it neither. Why would they treat us like criminal and mental tortured us. 

I and my wife ran into big fights recently and the marriage is going to hell. I feel like I'm the one that got stuck into this marriage and she's on the upper hand since she's the US Citizen. If this case is not going well, I'll just be " it" and divorce. Whatever USCIS wanna do, I'll let them do it since idgaf anymore. lol

5 minutes ago, Andytn3591 said:

I don't understand it neither. Why would they treat us like criminal and mental tortured us. 

I and my wife ran into big fights recently and the marriage is going to hell. I feel like I'm the one that got stuck into this marriage and she's on the upper hand since she's the US Citizen. If this case is not going well, I'll just be " it" and divorce. Whatever USCIS wanna do, I'll let them do it since idgaf anymore. lol

I know brother I was coming to that point of thinking as well, especially when I was fresh divorced and bitter because of betrayal, I was saying screw it ifgaf anymore, but then you cool off your head over time and start asking yourself: “wait a minute, I bled here for 5 years to build my life from the scratch, created so much out of nothing is it fair to be treated like this” then you decide to fight but they still keep you in that same past you want to escape by delaying your case, giving you are hard time and by treating you like you are the one who done something wrong...like the first pain you’ve got wasn’t enough, now the other guy lives in the home I’ve put a lot of money in, sleeping in the bed I bought, immigration molesting me 1h45min over something somebody else done not me...don’t get me wrong bro, I still might get approved I still might get denied, but I am asking you how this is fair, does they don’t have any senses

2 minutes ago, Srdan said:

I know brother I was coming to that point of thinking as well, especially when I was fresh divorced and bitter because of betrayal, I was saying screw it ifgaf anymore, but then you cool off your head over time and start asking yourself: “wait a minute, I bled here for 5 years to build my life from the scratch, created so much out of nothing is it fair to be treated like this” then you decide to fight but they still keep you in that same past you want to escape by delaying your case, giving you are hard time and by treating you like you are the one who done something wrong...like the first pain you’ve got wasn’t enough, now the other guy lives in the home I’ve put a lot of money in, sleeping in the bed I bought, immigration molesting me 1h45min over something somebody else done not me...don’t get me wrong bro, I still might get approved I still might get denied, but I am asking you how this is fair, does they don’t have any senses

Damn it, I wish the best luck for you... and I.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 3/17/2021 at 10:12 PM, Srdan said:

Hey Srdan, any updates on your case?

On 4/18/2021 at 5:27 AM, Savva said:

Hey Andy! Any updates on your case?

Still no updates. It’s been 124 days after the interview. I just called them today to ask for my case status and they still says the same thhing that it’s “pending, and cannot provide completion date”. I scheduled my Infopass instead to get a stamp in my passport. I will talk to the officer at my infopass appointment.

and I believe that Srdan got approved.

Edited by Andytn3591

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Andytn3591 said:

Still no updates. It’s been 124 days after the interview. I just called them today to ask for my case status and they still says the same thhing that it’s “pending, and cannot provide completion date”. I scheduled my Infopass instead to get a stamp in my passport. I will talk to the officer at my infopass appointment.

and I believe that Srdan got approved.

I'm sorry to hear that buddy...

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update.

I took my InfoPass last week. They stamped my passport and took the 2 year green card back. I asked about my case which is out of 120 days after the interview. Same answer that I I have to wait and no completion time yet. I brought my new tax, new car tittle, and new insurance. I tried to ask the officer to put it in my files but she said I shouldn't do that since it will mess up the case. Only submit documents when they ask.

Today I received an email "we have taken an action on your case and we need your attention." Turn out they have scheduled my N-400 interview on June 24. The letter didn't said that I should bring my wife so I think it will not be a combo and we won't be interviewed for the 3rd time. I'll just bring her with me just in case they ask 😪 I'm kind of happy to see the movement.

Edited by Andytn3591

50 minutes ago, Andytn3591 said:

Quick update.

I took my InfoPass last week. They stamped my passport and took the 2 year green card back. I asked about my case which is out of 120 days after the interview. Same answer that I I have to wait and no completion time yet. I brought my new tax, new car tittle, and new insurance. I tried to ask the officer to put it in my files but she said I shouldn't do that since it will mess up the case. Only submit documents when they ask.

Today I received an email "we have taken an action on your case and we need your attention." Turn out they have scheduled my N-400 interview on June 24. The letter didn't said that I should bring my wife so I think it will not be a combo and we won't be interviewed for the 3rd time. I'll just bring her with me just in case they ask 😪 I'm kind of happy to see the movement.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience

What red flag do you think caused such scrutiny? Marriage age gap? What country are you from?

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:04 AM, Andytn3591 said:

Quick update.

Any good news since the interview? Sorry this is happening to you. Similar situations are happening with me and my family as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.