Andytn3591

My I-751 Interview Experience.

36 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. Hope you get your approval notice soon. 

N400 Timeline, 5 year rule

FO: Washington DC (Fairfax, VA)

2/9/23 Sent application by Mail

2/13/23 USCIS Received

2/16/23 USCIS NOA1 date and sent the mail

2/16/23 USCIS NOA2 and sent mail with online access code

2/18/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment and sent letter

2/24/23 Received NOA1 and NOA2 in the mail

2/25/23 Received Bio appointment letter in the mail

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

3/9/23 Online Update: Case is actively reviewed by USCIS

7/20/23 Case placed in queue for an interview to be scheduled

7/26/23 Interview Scheduled

9/1/23 Interview, decision cannot be made

9/7/23 Recommended for approval; Oath ceremony will be scheduled

9/8/23 Oath ceremony scheduled

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

Just now, Andytn3591 said:

Just a quick update:

I got the mail from USCIS that tell me and my wife to come to the interview for the 2nd time in 9 days. I assume that it will be a stoke interview where my wife and I will be separated. I'm completely upset and exhausted right now. 

Don't be afraid. You know that you are a legitimate couple. Just align on the common questions before going there.

ALSO, remember that USCIS can not take away your Permanent Resident - only a Federal Judge can do that. 

1 minute ago, TheKingmaker said:

Don't be afraid. You know that you are a legitimate couple. Just align on the common questions before going there.

ALSO, remember that USCIS can not take away your Permanent Resident - only a Federal Judge can do that. 

Thank you !

The reason I'm upset is that we've been married for 5 years. I applied for ROC since Sep 2018. This long waiting time is just too stupid. 

Side story: I had an eye infection a year ago and it left a scar on my left eye which reduced my left eye vision by 70% that I had to quit my beloved job - an auto technician. I got a job offer from a friend in FL and I'm considering moving there to try the job first. I have to stay unemployed now since CA is closing and I don't want the move mess with my ROC. I feel so bad right now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Andytn3591 said:

Thank you !

The reason I'm upset is that we've been married for 5 years. I applied for ROC since Sep 2018. This long waiting time is just too stupid. 

Side story: I had an eye infection a year ago and it left a scar on my left eye which reduced my left eye vision by 70% that I had to quit my beloved job - an auto technician. I got a job offer from a friend in FL and I'm considering moving there to try the job first. I have to stay unemployed now since CA is closing and I don't want the move mess with my ROC. I feel so bad right now.

I feel you, me and my hubby have been doing this since 2016 as well and our interview is this Thursday and I am super nervous, I have nothing new to show to them n I am concerned I’ll be in the same boat, idk why USCIS is doing this to legitimate ppl while I see ppl offer less things and still get approved

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

On 12/13/2020 at 5:06 PM, Andytn3591 said:

Just a quick update:

I got the mail from USCIS that tell me and my wife to come to the interview for the 2nd time in 9 days. I assume that it will be a stoke interview where my wife and I will be separated. I'm completely upset and exhausted right now. 

Hey I just saw a YouTube video about an immigrant being interviewed 3 times for his naturalization case. On the 3rd time he hired a pretty great lawyer to go with him. Have you thought about this option to have an attorney go with you? 

2/13/23 USCIS Received

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

19 hours ago, MASH said:

I feel you, me and my hubby have been doing this since 2016 as well and our interview is this Thursday and I am super nervous, I have nothing new to show to them n I am concerned I’ll be in the same boat, idk why USCIS is doing this to legitimate ppl while I see ppl offer less things and still get approved

Good luck on your interview! Please let us know how it goes.

2/13/23 USCIS Received

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

9 minutes ago, aperson said:

Hey I just saw a YouTube video about an immigrant being interviewed 3 times for his naturalization case. On the 3rd time he hired a pretty great lawyer to go with him. Have you thought about this option to have an attorney go with you? 

I will not have a lawyer that come with me this time. My lawyer just have his heart surgery last month so he's not going to come. He will help me look at all the details and documents though. 

Also, the format of the letter for the 2nd interview is a little bit weird. It didn't have anything on top ( Home Land Security . I-797C - Notice of action). It looks exactly the same as the letter of the 1st interview for the rest and with the additional of the signature of the Acting Field Director.

If this one is not going to be well, I will contact the congressman. I can't believe that we've been married for 5 years, paid all the tax, never have problem with the law enforcement, and now this happen. 

Edited by Andytn3591

9 minutes ago, Andytn3591 said:

I will not have a lawyer that come with me this time. My lawyer just have his heart surgery last month so he's not going to come. He will help me look at all the details and documents though. 

Also, the format of the letter for the 2nd interview is a little bit weird. It didn't have anything on top ( Home Land Security . I-797C - Notice of action). It looks exactly the same as the letter of the 1st interview for the rest and with the additional of the signature of the Acting Field Director.

If this one is not going to be well, I will contact the congressman. I can't believe that we've been married for 5 years, paid all the tax, never have problem with the law enforcement, and now this happen. 

Okay. Good luck to you and keep us posted here. 

2/13/23 USCIS Received

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

On 12/14/2020 at 12:13 AM, MASH said:

Hi there, any update on your interview? What is your current online status?

Hey how was your interview? Any updates?

2/13/23 USCIS Received

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

Quick updates:

I just got my 2nd interview today. It was a stoke interview. We were separated. I handed her new stuffs that we didn’t show at the first interview. I complained about how they set us up for interview at the end of the year when my wife’s job is the most busy time. The IO said she’s sorry but she’s not the one that set up the interview. The IO gave me like over 100 questions. All kind of stuffs ( story how we met, her job, my job, who live at the house, where I live when we first met, our religion, our church, she ased us to draw our house, how the room is set up, last time we were separated at night, tattoos, travels history.....). We had the same answers for most things. We made 1 or 2 mistakes.
1/ She ask me if I travel back to my country after married. I answered about 5 times. Then she asked how long. I said 1 to 3 months is the longest. My wife just answered 2-3 weeks, IO asked if there were any longer trips, my wife said over a month is the longest. I think it was my bad since I traveled back there for 3 months before we married.

2/ she asked when was the last time we were separated. I said my trip to Florida last month was a few days long. My wife said last month but she thought about the previous trip so she answered 2-3 weeks.

She then asked me why I said in my AOS interview that our first date was June 14 and now I said June 15. I said no, 14 is a mistake, 15 is the exact date. She asked my wife the same. My wife said it was 14 midnight and 15 early morning so it should be 15.

Next thing is that she told me that I said I proposed on New Year Eve on my AOS interview; why would I said that I proposed on June 15. I said I don’t know where you get that date, but’s it’s an important date for me so I remember it. It’s exactly one year since I asked her to be my girlfriend.

Then she asked my wife the same thing but instead of new year eve, she changed the date to Oc 16???? The she asked my wife to answer why. My wife were not sure if we put that date on the interview so she just said somethings like our exact date will be June 15 but We would have put Oct 16 on because from that day she thought the relationship would be more serious and she started to plan for the future. 

The weird thing is that IO didn’t call me in to verify what the missmatchs were. She just gave my wife the Notice of interview result that is exactly the same with the paper we received last interview and sent my wife out. The IO was polite and professional. She was the one that interviewed us last time.

I was sitting in the waiting room and someone came to me and tell me that my wife is waiting for me outside. I met my wife outside of the building. Now I have to wait again. This waiting game makes me sick. Idk why they’re wasting their time and our time on our 5-year legimate marriage.

Edited by Andytn3591

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.