Gerusa

Administrative Processing Over After 18 Months

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gerusa said:

Hey guys, just wanted to make a post since my AP finally concluded after a year and a half of waiting since my first interview!
A month ago I got an email from the consulate saying they are ready for final processing of my visa, so I ended up sending in some updated documents and redoing my medical, went in for a second interview and got approved! Visa arrived less than a week ago and I am now already in the USA with my spouse, could not be happier!
Just felt inclined to post about my approval to give some hope to all of you still waiting in that demoralizing and nerve-wrecking process that is AP. I know how difficult it is and I know how hopeless it sometimes felt. That's why I'm making this post, because it always gave me hope to read about someone getting approved after all that waiting. Wish you guys all the best and a speedy end to AP, it could happen any time, you won't even see it coming!

Did u get 2nd interview appointment right away with new medical request or was asked for interview once embassy reviewed your new medical? How long it took? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congratulations!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Rab12 said:

Did u get 2nd interview appointment right away with new medical request or was asked for interview once embassy reviewed your new medical? How long it took? 

They first asked me to submit updated financial docs, photo and police certificate. After they received and processed that (~2.5 weeks) I got a new interview appointment email in which they also said that I should redo my medical. So I scheduled a medical appointment before my interview, same way I did it for the first interview.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/26/2020 at 8:52 AM, Gerusa said:

Hey guys, just wanted to make a post since my AP finally concluded after a year and a half of waiting since my first interview!
A month ago I got an email from the consulate saying they are ready for final processing of my visa, so I ended up sending in some updated documents and redoing my medical, went in for a second interview and got approved! Visa arrived less than a week ago and I am now already in the USA with my spouse, could not be happier!
Just felt inclined to post about my approval to give some hope to all of you still waiting in that demoralizing and nerve-wrecking process that is AP. I know how difficult it is and I know how hopeless it sometimes felt. That's why I'm making this post, because it always gave me hope to read about someone getting approved after all that waiting. Wish you guys all the best and a speedy end to AP, it could happen any time, you won't even see it coming!

I hope you don't mind me asking, did your case go into AP because the beneficiary is from a different country other than Germany?  I ask because we may have to interview in Germany but my spouse is not a German citizen, he is a lawful resident. Thanks in advance.

Timeline
Just now, PTA petitioner said:

I hope you don't mind me asking, did your case go into AP because the beneficiary is from a different country other than Germany?  I ask because we may have to interview in Germany but my spouse is not a German citizen, he is a lawful resident. Thanks in advance.

Hey :) I am the beneficiary, and I do hold German citizenship. I did have a different citizenship previously, but I wouldn't really know whether that influenced my case,  since the consulate worker did not explicitly state the reason for my AP. I do not think that just having a different citizenship by itself would necessarily lead to AP though.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gerusa said:

Hey :) I am the beneficiary, and I do hold German citizenship. I did have a different citizenship previously, but I wouldn't really know whether that influenced my case,  since the consulate worker did not explicitly state the reason for my AP. I do not think that just having a different citizenship by itself would necessarily lead to AP though.

Thank you for your prompt reply, do appreciate it. Maybe it's just me but I see the frequency of AP at Frankfurt, Germany in more cases. It is sort of makes me nervouos because we did not chose Frankfurt, Germany..the NVC had chosen it for us. We will see. Again, thank you. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, PTA petitioner said:

Thank you for your prompt reply, do appreciate it. Maybe it's just me but I see the frequency of AP at Frankfurt, Germany in more cases. It is sort of makes me nervouos because we did not chose Frankfurt, Germany..the NVC had chosen it for us. We will see. Again, thank you. 

I think Frankfurt is a fine consulate, they reply very quickly to any emails and they seem to be on top of things there. With AP, it really is just about being prepared (e.g. I didn't have a CV with me since it was not required, but they asked for it at the interview), as well as getting lucky with the interviewing officer etc. It will always be different for everybody, and even if you get put into AP, it might just be a short one to request more documents. Don't worry about it too much beforehand, I definitely don't think that just because your case is at Frankfurt that you are more likely to go into AP. Best of luck to you two!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gerusa said:

I think Frankfurt is a fine consulate, they reply very quickly to any emails and they seem to be on top of things there. With AP, it really is just about being prepared (e.g. I didn't have a CV with me since it was not required, but they asked for it at the interview), as well as getting lucky with the interviewing officer etc. It will always be different for everybody, and even if you get put into AP, it might just be a short one to request more documents. Don't worry about it too much beforehand, I definitely don't think that just because your case is at Frankfurt that you are more likely to go into AP. Best of luck to you two!

Thank you so much. Will focus on other things. Grateful for your kind words. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 10/26/2020 at 10:52 AM, Gerusa said:

Hello guys, I’m under AP for police certificate i took the wrong one to the interview for that I was received a 221g form. for my first interview everything was good the officer even gave a paper with a lot of info n number to call if i feel abuse when I get there in the USA abuse. My question is that what kind question they ask in the 2nd interview or they just took the missing documents from you?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tootie906 said:

Hello guys, I’m under AP for police certificate i took the wrong one to the interview for that I was received a 221g form. for my first interview everything was good the officer even gave a paper with a lot of info n number to call if i feel abuse when I get there in the USA abuse. My question is that what kind question they ask in the 2nd interview or they just took the missing documents from you?

My 2nd interview was fairly similar to the first one, they mostly asked about what has happened since the last time. However, just because you had a wrong document and were put into AP,  it doesn't mean you will have to go to a second interview. If they kept your passport then they might just send you your visa after they receive the right police certificate. It's different for different cases and consulates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gerusa said:

My 2nd interview was fairly similar to the first one, they mostly asked about what has happened since the last time. However, just because you had a wrong document and were put into AP,  it doesn't mean you will have to go to a second interview. If they kept your passport then they might just send you your visa after they receive the right police certificate. It's different for different cases and consulates.

Yep they asked me to sent them the police certificate and my passport after the first interview, and then last week i received a mail from the embassy telling me that they scheduled me for a second interview and to bring the police certificate with me. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tootie906 said:

Yep they asked me to sent them the police certificate and my passport after the first interview, and then last week i received a mail from the embassy telling me that they scheduled me for a second interview and to bring the police certificate with me. 

Ah I see, well good luck with your second interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.