S Brennan

Thinking of withdrawing our application

36 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

Can she use the already filed I-130 for consular processing? 

2 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

That is a great question, I don't know. @geowrian would you happen to know?

Yes, although it would require the I-130 getting approved first then submiting an I-824 and waiting for that to process.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, S Brennan said:

Hearsay through a network of immigration lawyers who are freaking out about it. Cause there IS no reason to deny AP, my lawyer fell on his butt when he got that notice and then talked to lawyer friends who were blindsided just the same. 

Hi,

Have you tried contacting USCIS yourself, of have you always gone through your lawyer? 

I would contact USCIS directly and ask about your AP denial.  Also, ask if you can get an emergency infopass appointment at a local USCIS office due to family bereavement.

11 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hi,

Have you tried contacting USCIS yourself, of have you always gone through your lawyer? 

I would contact USCIS directly and ask about your AP denial.  Also, ask if you can get an emergency infopass appointment at a local USCIS office due to family bereavement.

I agree with all the other posters. If you click through the immigration timelines search page on VJ, or through the case filing and progress reports you'll see a lot of approved AP over the last few months, usually as combo cards (myself included). I would get in touch with USCIS and find out why your AP was denied (I believe you should have been  sent a denial letter with a reason?

I know this is a very stressful process, which feels like a black box right now, however you have also made it a lot further than many legal (and illegal) immigrants ever do. Looking at VJ timeline stats (here) it looks like the timeline for Albany, NY is more like a year than 35 months, so you might be closer than you think. The current processing time showing is 9.5 - 29.5 months. The first number is the time it takes to complete 50% of cases (the median). The second number is the time it takes to complete 93% of cases - so you could be a coin flip away from being  processed within the next 7.5 months.

Getting your green card would provide you with a lot more future stability and entry/re-entry options - and you could still stay outside the US for 6 months at a time or even up to two years if you file for a re-entry permit. This year has been super hard for everyone, but make sure you don't make a decision now that would make things tougher for you in the future too.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 hours ago, NikLR said:

I think something was screwed up by the lawyer on the I-131.

Bingo!!!!!   Personally, I don't recall seeing any other  I-131 denied while the I-765 was approved.  

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, S Brennan said:

Hey all!

Does anyone have experience withdrawing their application/sending a letter to USCIS to explain your situation changed? We applied in October 2018, and only now in August 2020 did I get a temporary working permit. I haven't been allowed to leave the USA in over a year, and family members passed, and the pandemic & cuts to immigration here just make it feel hopeless. Obviously, my spouse is American (I am Canadian), and we have lots of family & friends on both sides of the border, so I am terrified of being banned from re entry, but also just can't wait around forever and not say goodbyes to loved ones at home.

It's been a really difficult year, I don't know what to do. Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section, I don't know who to talk to, my husband's family is very insensitive to the stress we've been under.

Thanks

You can request to have your file move for consular processing, which actually is better and faster than an AOS (for me that's what I should have chosen if I knew). At least you can wait it wherever you are happy. I had once wonder if the NVC has my file so I asked them, as my lawyer is not so accommodating to help give me a great answer, and that's when i realized that for aos my file is at NBC to go to field office . I completed everything but retrogression file went back to NBC and now its a dead end. Calling tier 2 officer to enquire I got shouted at. I understand your frustrations. I wish I did consular so I wont be trapped here alone and scared. But marriage visa may move differently from work based so look out maybe soon you will be adjudicated. Goodluck.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, S Brennan said:

Hello all! 

no, we applied in october 2018 with form i-130, then september 2019 I came to visit and a friend of a friend recommended to talk to an immigration organization that might be able to guide us and I ended up staying and filing for adjustment of status completely out of the blue. 

So we have been on that adjustment of status timeline, but I couldnt figure out hownto translate it into the VisaJourney timeline. Anyway, I was supposed to get a EAD with Advanced Parole, but my Advanced Parole was denied as it seems to be the trend... so as of august 2020, my case is “ready to be scheduled for an intervew”, but as it can take between a day and 35 months to get that, I just feel really worn out. 

i know immigration is hard on everybody, we just have a lot of family problems thrown in the mix and it’s really unsustainable at this point... 

Oh I'm sorry about that. Dont let immigration ruin your love and commitment for each other. Just keep researching and weigh in together your choices. At least you are together in this . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.