Bigtuna

Post here your I-1944 RFE (July 29th to October 13th, 2020)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey guys,

As you probabily know, our favorite form (I-1944) is back! And is retroactive! That means that even if you filed when it was not required (from July 29th until a few days ago), you will recieve a RFE asking for it.

So I thought that could be a good idea to create this thread to see HOW is the RFE that we are going to get. Will they ask us to bring the form to the interview as happens with the Medical Exam (I-693), or will they request to send it in 30 days as happens with other RFE's?

All this questions will be solved if we post here any update about this. Hopefully we can hear soon about the first RFE's and have an idea of what to expect.

Have a great day!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Since the form is required with the initial application there will be a RFIE and one will have to send everything in a certain timeframe. So better get everything prepared to have it ready to send when the letter arrives otherwise the time given might not be enough for some.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bigtuna said:

Hey guys,

As you probabily know, our favorite form (I-1944) is back! And is retroactive! That means that even if you filed when it was not required (from July 29th until a few days ago), you will recieve a RFE asking for it.

So I thought that could be a good idea to create this thread to see HOW is the RFE that we are going to get. Will they ask us to bring the form to the interview as happens with the Medical Exam (I-693), or will they request to send it in 30 days as happens with other RFE's?

All this questions will be solved if we post here any update about this. Hopefully we can hear soon about the first RFE's and have an idea of what to expect.

Have a great day!

Good idea.

Also, can you please edit the title of the topic if possible and fix the form #.

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/04/2023 - Application sent to USCIS Elgin, IL lockbox
  2. 12/07/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  4. 12/13/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  6. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the bio-metric re-use notification
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, nendu said:

Good idea.

Also, can you please edit the title of the topic if possible and fix the form #.

Oh damm, you are right. I have been calling 1944 all this time and is actually I-994. I cannot edit the title :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.