robhat

N-400 October 2020 Filers

348 posts in this topic

Today I woke up to an "Action taken" notice and it turns out my in-person biometrics appointment is schedule for June 18th in Brooklyn, NY!

Some backstory: I called them a few days ago to ask where my case was at since I decided to spend the summer in Italy with my family and I'm leaving soon (I got a person on the phone by repeating "technical support" over and over, a tip I found somewhere on this forum). The lady on the phone couldn't give me any new information, then today I got the notice!

It might be just a coincidence but if you are in the same position I do think giving them a call might be a good idea. 

Needless to say I had to postpone my already-booked flight to Italy but I'm so happy things are moving! Oh, and my estimate completion time now says 14 months 😏

On 5/22/2021 at 11:47 AM, Tata86 said:

Today I woke up to an "Action taken" notice and it turns out my in-person biometrics appointment is schedule for June 18th in Brooklyn, NY!

Some backstory: I called them a few days ago to ask where my case was at since I decided to spend the summer in Italy with my family and I'm leaving soon (I got a person on the phone by repeating "technical support" over and over, a tip I found somewhere on this forum). The lady on the phone couldn't give me any new information, then today I got the notice!

It might be just a coincidence but if you are in the same position I do think giving them a call might be a good idea. 

Needless to say I had to postpone my already-booked flight to Italy but I'm so happy things are moving! Oh, and my estimate completion time now says 14 months 😏

MIne now says 13 months, it used to be projected around November 2021! :( I am from Brooklyn as well! My biometrics was reused in February though. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, DoraS said:

MIne now says 13 months, it used to be projected around November 2021! :( I am from Brooklyn as well! My biometrics was reused in February though. 

In my opinion, don't get bogged down with the timeline, mine says 14 months after receiving a date for interview, my interview is on June 28

4 minutes ago, Nilay89 said:

In my opinion, don't get bogged down with the timeline, mine says 14 months after receiving a date for interview, my interview is on June 28

I think you are right, I try to stay positive but you know it's not that easy ;)

Good luck with your interview in june!

2 hours ago, Nilay89 said:

Same for me..filed 10/01/20, biometrics reused in Feb. Timeline move from July to October.  I'm from Brooklyn as well. My friend got approved after waiting 17mths.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband just received a notification this morning for biometrics appointment in July. His estimated time has hopped around at least 4 times since the application was submitted last October 2020. 

Right now it currently says estimated time 14 months. It does appear that there is no pattern to how quick/long the process is going. 

Also, we were originally told that Montgomery AL, was where he was going to be processed at, but the biometrics appointment letter says Atlanta, GA.

Has anyone else field office seem to have been changed?

👁️‍🗨️

Hello,

Does anyone know if the interview notice comes in the mail first or will I see it in the portal? I need to travel back home to renew my passport but potentially could be stuck out 2-3 weeks while it gets renewed. I need to know how much notice I will get :(

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, sausa said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if the interview notice comes in the mail first or will I see it in the portal? I need to travel back home to renew my passport but potentially could be stuck out 2-3 weeks while it gets renewed. I need to know how much notice I will get :(

USCIS usually give you about 1 month notice and your interview notice usually pop on in the portal after about 24hrs and also look out for the notice in the mail. Is it possible you delay your travel back home your field office might be doing a same day day oath ceremony. 

Timeline
On 6/5/2021 at 12:11 PM, Ahmed & Amy said:

My husband just received a notification this morning for biometrics appointment in July. His estimated time has hopped around at least 4 times since the application was submitted last October 2020. 

Right now it currently says estimated time 14 months. It does appear that there is no pattern to how quick/long the process is going. 

Also, we were originally told that Montgomery AL, was where he was going to be processed at, but the biometrics appointment letter says Atlanta, GA.

Has anyone else field office seem to have been changed?

👁️‍🗨️

I think I read somewhere on this forum that Atlanta, GA is the original field office while Montgomery, AL is a sub-field of Atlanta. I am not sure how accurate this information is. Hey at least you have got action going for you!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi guys, time I revive this account. My husband and I are in Atlanta, GA. Filed N400 online on Oct 30 2020 and received a notification yesterday that my interview was scheduled. Anyone got their interview notification yet? How far in advance is your interview scheduled? 

Good luck everyone!

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Timeline
On 5/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, DoraS said:

I think you are right, I try to stay positive but you know it's not that easy ;)

Good luck with your interview in june!

If I were to guess...I'd say their website is pretty buggy and the timelines are not.reliable.at.all 😅

Timeline

Just checked the documents Tab in my account and interview was scheduled for July 14 at the Atlanta office! So excited!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, SabRob said:

Just checked the documents Tab in my account and interview was scheduled for July 14 at the Atlanta office! So excited!!

Congratulation to you.....you are almost over with your journey!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I received a notice that my interview was scheduled for July 16th. 

I filled oct 4/2020 in NJ and moved to PA this year. 

I updated uscis with my new address and my interview appointment is in Philadelphia. :D 

-------------------

2020:

Approval ROC: Aug 19

Greencard Received: Sep 08

Citizenship

N400 sent: Oct 07 (filling online)

2019: 

Remove Conditions ROC

Sent: Oct 04

Extension Received: Oct 15

Approval: Jan 04

Greencard received: Jan 08

AOS Sent:  Jan 14

AOS received: Jan 17

emails and text messages: Jan 25

PD: Jan 18

Fingerprints: Feb 15

Case ready to be schedule for an interview: Feb 28

EAD Approval: May 12 (after 114 days of suffering)

EAD card has been mailed: May 17

EAD letter approval notice: May 18

EAD received:  May 22

Interview Notice: Nov 02

Interview Date: Dic 06

RFE Flu shot: Dic 16

RFE sent: Dic 18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, amyNJ said:

I received a notice that my interview was scheduled for July 16th. 

I filled oct 4/2020 in NJ and moved to PA this year. 

I updated uscis with my new address and my interview appointment is in Philadelphia. :D 

Still waiting in NJ, they probably speed up your process since you moved to PA. Best of luck! I think I’ve seen you posting since I started with my I-130 on this forum so happy your process is finally coming to an end! Mucha suerte

AOS FROM B1/B2 

2/13/17    Packet sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS through my lawyer.:D

2/14/17    Packet received 

2/21/17    Both Checks cashed

02/25/17 Received I-485 and I-765 in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.