robhat

N-400 October 2020 Filers

348 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, Paulinadeb88 said:

I checked my husbands USCIS account and there was a change in the updates: " Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 7 months"

I filed in NYC. I hope this date gets pushed up, we don't want to wait until January!

Any good news?

On 6/15/2021 at 8:44 AM, Jay&Shan75 said:

Congrats n good luck to u!...I filed Oct 1st 2020, still awaiting that elusive interview date. Bio reused. (Brooklyn) 

Hooray!!...got that NOA, finally!!..interview scheduled, just awaiting the mail to know the date. Right now I'm brushing up on my CIVICS.

None, case just now says 6 months.

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 6 months

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm signed up with USPS when I first started this journey. Today I checked my email I saw my NOA (hard copy) in the mail ...FINALLY!! 

HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD!

On 6/15/2021 at 8:44 AM, Jay&Shan75 said:

Congrats n good luck to u!...I filed Oct 1st 2020, still awaiting that elusive interview date. Bio reused. (Brooklyn) 

Hooray!!...got that NOA, finally!!..interview scheduled, just awaiting the mail to know the date. Right now I'm brushing up on my CIVICS.

On 6/24/2021 at 1:13 PM, citizenfiler123 said:

My interview was done today. status says oath ceremony will  be scheduled. Philly office, filing date - oct 01, bio reuse - Dec 12, interview notice - may 13

What extra documents did you take to your interview if any?

9 minutes ago, citizenfiler123 said:

i took tax returns - thats the only extra docs. I wasnt asked me to show them.,

Ok i sent those in along with evidence of joint accounts, bills n health n life insurances. 

Oath ceremony done. Applied for passport  as well.

oct 01 - applied

Dec 11 - Bio reuse

May 13 - Interview notice

June 24 - Interview, same day approval and oath ceremony notice

July 16 - oath ceremony

Philly office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Received an email on Friday, July 9th saying they took action on my case. Logged in, and Interview is scheduled for Saturday, August 7th at 7:25am. I wasn't expecting anything until early 2022 based on the timeline they had first given me. 😃

Quick question, they say I need to bring my Canadian passport to the interview. Are they going to keep it? I have a trip scheduled to go back to Canada to visit my family for the first time since Jan.2020, I hope none of this will be an issue.

December 2010: Met through Facebook and began chatting

October 1, 2013: Married

USCIS

December 23rd, 2013: I-130 Package received at the Phoenix Lockbox

June 19th, 2014: Confirmation received - case shipped to NVC

NVC

July 1st, 2014: Case received at NVC

October 6th, 2014: Case Complete

November 25th, 2014: Interview at the Montreal Consulate - APPROVED!!!!

December 1st, 2014: Visa in hand

The Big Move

December 27th, 2014: Moved to Dallas, Tx

Removal of Conditions

November 7, 2016: Case received at CSC

November 9, 2016: Check cashed

December 18, 2017: InfoPass at Dallas Field Office - I-551 stamp in passport

April 11, 2018: Case was updated: Card being produced.

April 12, 2018: Case was updated: Approval (with approval date of 04/11/18).

Naturalization

October 1, 2020: Submitted N-400 Online application

5 hours ago, Texanadian1 said:

Received an email on Friday, July 9th saying they took action on my case. Logged in, and Interview is scheduled for Saturday, August 7th at 7:25am. I wasn't expecting anything until early 2022 based on the timeline they had first given me. 😃

Quick question, they say I need to bring my Canadian passport to the interview. Are they going to keep it? I have a trip scheduled to go back to Canada to visit my family for the first time since Jan.2020, I hope none of this will be an issue.

Congrats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi friends, 

I had my interview on friday. 

I answered all civic questions and the officer gave me the congratulations paper and was telling me that I would received the notification with the scheduling of the the oath ceremony.. 

and then he said, oh wait, we are missing some documents because your case was transferred. and took away the congratulations paper and gave me one of request for evidence. :( 

He told me to send the w2's and bank statements of joint accounts. 
However, my husband and I have separate finances (and have always), we don't have joint accounts even though we fill taxes jointly,  and  I recently bought a multiunit which we are living in (house hacking), but mortgage and deed is just in my name, so, I sent w2's, tax returns, state ids with the same address, 401k beneficiary information, and the itinerary of our last vacation which was 1 week before the interview.

so let's see how this goes. I'm a little bumped. :(

Edited by amyNJ

-------------------

2020:

Approval ROC: Aug 19

Greencard Received: Sep 08

Citizenship

N400 sent: Oct 07 (filling online)

2019: 

Remove Conditions ROC

Sent: Oct 04

Extension Received: Oct 15

Approval: Jan 04

Greencard received: Jan 08

AOS Sent:  Jan 14

AOS received: Jan 17

emails and text messages: Jan 25

PD: Jan 18

Fingerprints: Feb 15

Case ready to be schedule for an interview: Feb 28

EAD Approval: May 12 (after 114 days of suffering)

EAD card has been mailed: May 17

EAD letter approval notice: May 18

EAD received:  May 22

Interview Notice: Nov 02

Interview Date: Dic 06

RFE Flu shot: Dic 16

RFE sent: Dic 18

Hello! 

Has anyone had any experience providing proof of paid citations for year old fines? I forgot about an old ticket I got ( For $20 in 2014) for not wearing a seatbelt and did not disclose it on the application. From my reading it shouldn't be a big issue but I would like to bring it up when they ask and provide paperwork. 

I called the sheriffs office where the citation was issued and she was kind enough to send me a copy but said there is no record anymore of them being paid. Any ideas? Do you think they are going to want me to provide proof I paid it? I know for sure I did, in fact I paid it as soon as I got home, I would have got a judgement or something if I did not.

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.