Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

593 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, AishaniA93 said:

Hello! Yay fellow Aussie :D 

on the website it says 65 days. I have DEFINITELY read that people have been  scheduling their interviews within 2-3 weeks though, so you never know! :) 

Yay :) So good! September filer here. I’ll be sure to update my timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 2/21/2021 at 12:37 PM, JeffDR said:

I suggest , if you haven’t done it yet, create a profile with USCIS and while there go have and submit a Change of Address - do it ASAP if you have not received your NOA2 yet 

Awesome - please share .... I have been looking for a reliable attorney ..... 

I created the account but I don’t see any option to update the address for my fiancée, just me (the US citizen).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

On the facebook page someone just got their approval (noa2) and their packet was received on August 3rd!  If that's the case then a lot of us will be hearing something in 2-3 months.......right? 😱

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, dmeister3 said:

On the facebook page someone just got their approval (noa2) and their packet was received on August 3rd!  If that's the case then a lot of us will be hearing something in 2-3 months.......right? 😱

One can hope. In the August thread on here someone has an August 6 NOA1 and just received their NOA2.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lorraine1149 said:

Do you think the embassies will start granting more interviews? From what I’ve been seeing, it seems like a one year wait for Montreal...

I would also like to know this too! I think it depends on the individual country.  Also I would assume those presidential proclamations from last year banning most international travelers would have to go away.  All I know is my consulate in Sweden is not processing K1s at all, who knows how long their backlog is. :(

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

The countries that are subject to the Travel ban Schengen area, South Africa, Brazil etc are not processing K1s stating that because of the ban K1s can’t be processed as they are ineligible to travel. It’s dumb but that’s what they are saying. They don’t care that we could go to a different country for 14 days in order to be able to enter the US. It’s dumb but how it currently is. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, PostalDuchess said:

The countries that are subject to the Travel ban Schengen area, South Africa, Brazil etc are not processing K1s stating that because of the ban K1s can’t be processed as they are ineligible to travel. It’s dumb but that’s what they are saying. They don’t care that we could go to a different country for 14 days in order to be able to enter the US. It’s dumb but how it currently is. 

So what that means is.....a year of interviews backed up. :( 

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Timeline
1 minute ago, dmeister3 said:

So what that means is.....a year of interviews backed up. :( 

Yes. But some countries don’t get tons of applications so it may not be that bad. Finland for example has very few K1s a year so even though it hasn’t been processing I doubt it will be terrible for a backlog. Now somewhere like the Philippines could be rough because it normally processes so many and hasn’t been. 

Timeline
Just now, PostalDuchess said:

Yes. But some countries don’t get tons of applications so it may not be that bad. Finland for example has very few K1s a year so even though it hasn’t been processing I doubt it will be terrible for a backlog. Now somewhere like the Philippines could be rough because it normally processes so many and hasn’t been. 

Is there any way to look up that info? :D

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

K1 are immigrant visas so embassies can’t treat them the same as tourist visas .... once you know your embassy has your file and is dragging for interview send them an email and question them the Milligan vs Pompeo lawsuit. Copy your Congressmen and give them a hard time! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dmeister3 said:

Is there any way to look up that info? :D

Yes I think you can get it off of the state department website. For example I believe the Netherlands issued 53 K1s last year. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JeffDR said:

K1 are immigrant visas so embassies can’t treat them the same as tourist visas .... once you know your embassy has your file and is dragging for interview send them an email and question them the Milligan vs Pompeo lawsuit. Copy your Congressmen and give them a hard time! 

They are in their own kind of category. They technically start as a non immigrant visa even though there is clearly immigrant intent. The embassies have been responding to the Milligan  lawsuit but only for those that are plaintiffs and they do have the list. We should keep pushing and trying regardless. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

They are in their own kind of category. They technically start as a non immigrant visa even though there is clearly immigrant intent. The embassies have been responding to the Milligan  lawsuit but only for those that are plaintiffs and they do have the list. We should keep pushing and trying regardless. 

Agree and that’s why after a reasonable wait of your documents being received by the embassy from NVC you should weight your options, in my case (it will be the Paris location ) if they start dragging their feet I will join one of the class actions - there are several accepting plaintiffs - consider joining one ....

Timeline
10 minutes ago, PostalDuchess said:

Yes I think you can get it off of the state department website. For example I believe the Netherlands issued 53 K1s last year. 

Hmm, I can't find it. Rapidvisa says in 2017 they admitted about 200 people in a year. Compared to the Philippines or China that's not a lot, but 200 people in line before me is scary. 😬

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.