Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

593 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
48 minutes ago, emily1elf said:

Hey just wanted to let you know I sent mine out 10/28 received 11/02 and haven't heard anything either. I was getting worried since it looks like a couple people who sent theirs AFTER me have got their NOA1 already :(  It's reassuring to know it's not just me who feels skipped over.

I sent a money order that I got from my bank. Does anybody know if I'm able to track that to check if they've cashed it??

It’s reassuring how slow and inefficient USCIS has become during this current administration. When I applied for my citizenship in 2016 my first NOA arrived in 7 days, the second one 15 days later and the entire process including the ceremony took 8 months only because after the fingerprint part Trump took office .... the post office is the same ..... we have to just wait and hope we will get out of the dark ages soon. COVID-19 is an excuse because in Texas everyone is working normally - they are just slowing down.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeffDR said:

It’s reassuring how slow and inefficient USCIS has become during this current administration. When I applied for my citizenship in 2016 my first NOA arrived in 7 days

The slow K-1 NOA1s are very recent thing; we got ours in a week in mid-2018, and a week or two was still the norm up until March 2020.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 hours ago, emily1elf said:

Hey just wanted to let you know I sent mine out 10/28 received 11/02 and haven't heard anything either. I was getting worried since it looks like a couple people who sent theirs AFTER me have got their NOA1 already :(  It's reassuring to know it's not just me who feels skipped over.

I sent a money order that I got from my bank. Does anybody know if I'm able to track that to check if they've cashed it??

Well for sure that is good to know we're in the same boat and sent ours about the same time. It's getting a little more than ridiculous now though. They need more transparency at this place. It's ridiculous to go this long and have absolutely no idea where you stand. If mine was lost and I have to resend only to lose another couple months, livid is not even close to how to describe what I feel. Anyway I promise to update here as soon as mine is cashed and here we are coming on 7 weeks and still not a damn word.

Timeline
4 hours ago, brvids2020 said:

Well for sure that is good to know we're in the same boat and sent ours about the same time. It's getting a little more than ridiculous now though. They need more transparency at this place. It's ridiculous to go this long and have absolutely no idea where you stand. If mine was lost and I have to resend only to lose another couple months, livid is not even close to how to describe what I feel. Anyway I promise to update here as soon as mine is cashed and here we are coming on 7 weeks and still not a damn word.

Yeah no kidding - incompetence is not even closer to define the work of USCIS - I am usually reasonable and don’t expect a disposition but the fact they don’t even initiate the process in the system shows the disservice to Americans. But immigration in every nation is a reflection of its government and we all know where we stand (not a world model for sure) when it comes to legal Immigration. Whoever is in charge should be ashamed and if fired should never be hired for a high level position in the private sector .... good luck trying to call the “ultra modern” phone system that takes you on a tour and does not give you any information unless you have a case number, which we don’t because the process is also useless and here we have the vicious cycle. Good luck to all of you sharing the same fate! And happy holidays - in my case we are both being forced to travel to another country where we can both go due to the restrictions to be together for a while - even on this the country loses money because I could be spending this money here in our country supporting local

businesses .... this is a broken system 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeffDR said:

Yeah no kidding - incompetence is not even closer to define the work of USCIS - I am usually reasonable and don’t expect a disposition but the fact they don’t even initiate the process in the system shows the disservice to Americans. But immigration in every nation is a reflection of its government and we all know where we stand (not a world model for sure) when it comes to legal Immigration. Whoever is in charge should be ashamed and if fired should never be hired for a high level position in the private sector .... good luck trying to call the “ultra modern” phone system that takes you on a tour and does not give you any information unless you have a case number, which we don’t because the process is also useless and here we have the vicious cycle. Good luck to all of you sharing the same fate! And happy holidays - in my case we are both being forced to travel to another country where we can both go due to the restrictions to be together for a while - even on this the country loses money because I could be spending this money here in our country supporting local

businesses .... this is a broken system 

Yeah it is a broken system. Why on Earth they don't have a premium processing service, I will never understand. Do they not realize how much more money they could bring in? Oh right, it's our government I'm talking about, silly me. Haha anyway will update the minute I hear something. Hope you all will do the same.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I just hope the international travel ban for people wanting to visit the US will be lifted soon. Pretty wild we are still under the same rules as last March. Not everyone can afford to stay in a unbanned country for 14 days. :(

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Timeline
3 hours ago, brvids2020 said:

Yeah it is a broken system. Why on Earth they don't have a premium processing service, I will never understand. Do they not realize how much more money they could bring in? Oh right, it's our government I'm talking about, silly me. Haha anyway will update the minute I hear something. Hope you all will do the same.

I am waiting (patiently) then formal complaint I made to the USCIS Ombudsman until I reach 69 days - after that I am contacting an Immigration Attorney (I have Legal Insurance that covers Immigration) so at that point we will see the next steps / 

Timeline
1 hour ago, brvids2020 said:

This is interesting. Did this have an effect on K1 resuming?

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/11/23/ruling-k-1-visas-lawsuit-us-state-department-federal/

Some people on this site rationalize saying the delays are “normal” but I disagree. My K1 application was received by USCIS on Nov5th but I have not received any status leading me to believe it is stuck in the pile. I am waiting a few more days to reach an 8 week timeline and after that I am seeking an attorney through my legal insurance (comes in handy nowadays). If anyone here is an attorney and believe there are grounds for a class action lawsuit - I am in! LOL

Timeline
45 minutes ago, JeffDR said:

Some people on this site rationalize saying the delays are “normal” but I disagree. My K1 application was received by USCIS on Nov5th but I have not received any status leading me to believe it is stuck in the pile. I am waiting a few more days to reach an 8 week timeline and after that I am seeking an attorney through my legal insurance (comes in handy nowadays). If anyone here is an attorney and believe there are grounds for a class action lawsuit - I am in! LOL

Hey this is seriously a broken process. If you do hire an attorney, please let me know what he says or does. Would love to know if it would do any good. I'd write to my congressman but honestly I think it's worthless. They don't give a rip about the K1. Probably not enough people do it for them to even pay attention.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update on my case filed in early October: It did indeed get rejected for including a $510 fee instead of $535. It took us just over a month and a half to receive the full rejected I-129F package back in the post and there was never an email/text/any attempt to take payment.

After considering CR-1 as an alternative we realized that it is just too difficult to marry anywhere in the current climate of travel bans and mandatory quarantine (15 days in Mexico or Turkey to get into the US? Thanks but no) so we are re-filing K-1 this December with the correct fee this time. Fingers crossed this still has us on track to be living together and married in the US by Autumn 2021.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I understand there have been a lot of delays, but USCIS took my payment in early November and sent me a text message on Nov 12. However, I have not received the NOA1 by mail to my delivery address. Is that ok? Is there any info in the NOA1 that I'll need the physical copy for in the future?

K-1 Timeline                                                                                                                                               AOS + EAD/AP Timeline

I-129F Sent: 2020-10-10                                                                                                                            I-485, I-765, and I-131 Sent: 2021-12-20

I-129F Delivered / NOA1: 2020-10-19 (9 days)                                                                                      I-485, I-765, and I-131 Delivered: 2021-12-22 (2 days)

I-129F Payment Processed: 2020-11-11 (23 days)                                                                               I-485, I-765, and I-131 Payment Processed: 2021-12-23 (1 day)

I-129F Text Received : 2020-11-12 (1 day)                                                                                             I-485, I-765, and I-131 NOA1: 2021-12-24 (1 day)

I-129F NOA2: 2021-05-21 (6 months and 9 days)                                                                                I-485, I-765, and I-131 Text Received: 2021-12-26 (2 days)

NVC Received & Case # Assigned: 2021-06-11 (21 days)                                                                  I-485 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2021-12-29 (3 days)

NVC Left: 2021-08-31 (2 months and 20 days)                                                                                     I-485 RFE Received (I-864 proof of income): 2022-01-04 (6 days)

London Consulate Received: 2021-09-03 (3 days)                                                                               I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (online): 2022-01-11 (7 days)

London Medical: 2021-09-30 (27 days) / Results Sent: 2021-10-06 (6 days post-medical)         I-485 Biometrics Appointment: 2022-01-25 (14 days)

London Interview (approved pending medical results): 2021-10-08 (8 days)                                  I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2022-02-26 (32 days)

K1 Visa Received: 2021-10-18 (10 days)                                                                                               I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Re-Scheduled: 2022-03-05 (7 days)

Entered US at LAX: 2021-10-31 (13 days)                                                                                              I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment: 2022-03-28 (23 days)

Married in CA: 2021-12-09 (39 days)                                                                                                      I-765 Approved: 2022-06-10 (74 days)

I-765 Received: 2022-06-17 (7 days)

I-485 Interview Waived: 2022-07-13 [according to USCIS Live Agent]

I-485 RFE Received (I-693 new medical): 2022-12-15

I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (in person): 2023-01-18

I-485 Approved: 2023-01-27

Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, brvids2020 said:

Hey this is seriously a broken process. If you do hire an attorney, please let me know what he says or does. Would love to know if it would do any good. I'd write to my congressman but honestly I think it's worthless. They don't give a rip about the K1. Probably not enough people do it for them to even pay attention.

If you already sent an e-mail inquiry to the USCIS lockbox and still have not received any information then I would suggest you send a letter to the USCIS Ombudsman (second step)  (send copies of your letter to your Congressman and Senator). I am waiting a few days (for the holidays to be over) to bring all this evidence to an attorney for a consultation - I believe that showing them I followed the instructions and exhausted all my options to obtain information will give an immigration attorney what they need. What is happening to us is shameful and I can’t believe some people on Visa journey consider this normal ! 

Edited by JeffDR

9 hours ago, JL & JT said:

I understand there have been a lot of delays, but USCIS took my payment in early November and sent me a text message on Nov 12. However, I have not received the NOA1 by mail to my delivery address. Is that ok? Is there any info in the NOA1 that I'll need the physical copy for in the future?

No, the NOA1 is not used for anything. Print off the text message for your records. Your good to go.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
10 hours ago, JeffDR said:

If you already sent an e-mail inquiry to the USCIS lockbox and still have not received any information then I would suggest you send a letter to the USCIS Ombudsman (second step)  (send copies of your letter to your Congressman and Senator). I am waiting a few days (for the holidays to be over) to bring all this evidence to an attorney for a consultation - I believe that showing them I followed the instructions and exhausted all my options to obtain information will give an immigration attorney what they need. What is happening to us is shameful and I can’t believe some people on Visa journey consider this normal ! 

Yeah this is getting ridiculous now! October 27th is when I sent it. You're telling me more than 7 weeks and this is normal because of Covid? BS! Thanks for the suggestion, I'm sending a letter to them tomorrow or Wednesday. Figure I'll give it a couple more days. Have you received anything? Would love to hear from others on here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.