Chelleyandaaron

i-751 October 2020 filers

1,291 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, skatz said:

So you're saying that the one can determine whether they'd have an interview or not, based on the 3 letters of the noa receipt?

According to that USCIS write-up, you can determine if you will definitely have an interview (your case begins with MSC), or whether you may or may not have one (everyone else).  So to answer your question, no, but in MSC cases, you apparently definitely will have an interview. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

3 hours ago, skatz said:

So you're saying that the one can determine whether they'd have an interview or not, based on the 3 letters of the noa receipt?

This is what we have heard of based on a webinar that USCIS has hold early this month: https://www.dhs.gov/publication/uscis-processing-concurrently-pending-forms-n-400-and-forms-i-751. That applications dealt by MSC are those who will be having interviews. However, not getting MSC doesn't necessarily imply that you will not be getting an interview, just there is a bigger chance it will be waived but it needs further confirmation.

Also, based on what we have seen from all our september fillers, everybody who got MSC have something in common, that is, they all have CR1 visa. (However, there are serveral people who got CR1 or CR6 visa didn't got MSC)

Edited by frank19910210

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

Hello everyone! And thanks for making this forum possible :)

So here is me trying to do things even more complicated because i should be filing i751 right now (since October 17. Will do it jointly) but I'm also planning traveling to my home country Argentina after 1 year to visit my mother who is 73 and living by herself plus i need to finish a dental treatment. The idea is travelling next week and for a total of 1 month. I'm currently unemployed and if i start a job now i wouldn't be able to travel anytime soon until i have enough time in order to ask for time off that wouldn't be possible until sometime next year (i know it's of course a saying).

So what you guys will recommend in this situation since all this pandemic have me overthinking too much because I'm afraid of traveling there and for any reason (covid, elections, end of the world, etc) not be able to come back in time to enter US BEFORE my CR1 expires in January 15 2021.

Not to mention i have like none common assets with my spouse so i just opened a joint bank account as was recommended with the idea of waiting one month for the first statement to submit that saying something like "we didn't knew we have to keep our finances jointly" or something like that and probably receive an RFE later on to submit more statement. 

Anyways these will be the 2 possible options:

A) leaving next week and coming back in a month and file i751 (about 1 month before expiration date)

B) Let Everything prepared ready for my spouse to go to the post office while I'm not here to give time for that first bank statement and in case i can't make it on time 

C) file this week with whatever i have and wait for the noa so i can travel with the extension letter in case i can't make it back on time.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Good luck everybody on this journey!!

P.s i already contacted 4/5 lawyers from different states some free consultation some paying and even 2 of them told me i could do it myself but i guess i just don't feel comfortable enough either even when i have 1 inch of papers in my file so far and like 80 photos.

41 minutes ago, picaso34 said:

A) leaving next week and coming back in a month and file i751 (about 1 month before expiration date)

I'd be leaning towards choice A depending if your local ASC (for biometric appointment) is near normal operations after the Covid closures in the first half of the year.

Edited by HRQX

28 minutes ago, HRQX said:

I'd be leaning towards choice A depending if your local ASC (for biometric appointment) is near normal operations after the Covid closures in the first half of the year.

I like choice A as well just wasn't sure about having any problems on my way back and ending filing late or having my GC expired at the time of entering USA if there is a lockdown again or closed borders or travel bans or any new possible political rule 😅

Why biometrics could be an issue in choice A?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by picaso34

13 minutes ago, picaso34 said:

just wasn't sure about having any problems on my way back and ending filing late or having my GC expired at the time of entering USA

Then plan B is a solid back-up.

if there is a lockdown again or closed borders or travel bans or any new possible political rule

All of the Covid Presidential Proclamations have exempted US citizens and LPRs.

having my GC expired at the time of entering USA

CBP can still admit you with expired 2-year GC. The obstacle would be the airline employees. In that case, you would most likely need to wait for I-751 receipt notice to be sent to your US address and your husband forward it to you.

Just a reminder that for I-751, the conditional resident is the "Petitioner." The US citizen is just the "Spouse" that signs Part 8: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-751.pdf

Why biometrics could be an issue in choice A?

I mentioned biometrics because I was thinking about potential issues with Choice C.

Edited by HRQX

10 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Then plan B is a solid back-up.

All of the Covid Presidential Proclamations have exempted US citizens and LPRs.

CBP can still admit you with expired GC. The obstacle would be the airline employees. In that case, you would most likely need to wait for I-751 receipt notice to be sent to your husband and your husband forward it to you.

Just a reminder that for I-751, the conditional resident is the "Petitioner." The US citizen is just the "Spouse" that signs Part 8: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-751.pdf

Thank you so much again for your fast and useful help i really appreciate it. 

Would never imagine CBP could admit entry with expired conditional GC.

Choice A and B it is then. Now time to booking my flight and have all this week to Let my case ready to file with whatever i have so far. 

Wasn't sure either that it's possible to submit i751 by my husband while I'm overseas and in that case he could send me a scanned copy.

And i think i knew that but thanks for reminding me!!!

15 minutes ago, picaso34 said:

Would never imagine CBP could admit entry with expired conditional GC.

Yes, CBP can. Alternative to flying directly is to fly to Mexico or Canada (need eTA, Electronic Travel Authorization) and then cross at land POE or at Preclearance POE in Canadian airport.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/lpr-cards/

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-75?language=en_US

Edited by HRQX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i-751 Removal of Condition with Minor

10/07/2020 --> Filed Date

10/21/2020 --> Notice Date

10/26/2020 --> Received in mail via USPS. 

Both receipts start with MSC****

Online Status Does NOT show up. 

54 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Yes, CBP can. Alternative to flying directly is to fly to Mexico or Canada (need eTA, Electronic Travel Authorization) and then cross at land POE or at Preclearance POE in Canadian airport.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/lpr-cards/

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-75?language=en_US

Always good to know all this. I hope I don't have to use it though Thanks a lot!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

OK my NOA1 was dated 10/23 and received 10/26. Now the waiting game begins once again. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Just got the text message and e-mail (that was in spam folder) yesterday evening. So relieved! Posted it on 10/09 and it arrived 10/12. Case number starts with MSC so I guess I'll have interview in the future :D 

4 hours ago, Elrona said:

Just got the text message and e-mail (that was in spam folder) yesterday evening. So relieved! Posted it on 10/09 and it arrived 10/12. Case number starts with MSC so I guess I'll have interview in the future :D 

Nice! What is the email address that USCIS sent from? 2 years ago it was USCIS-CaseStatus@uscis.dhs.gov, is it still the same email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, thewaitingame said:

Nice! What is the email address that USCIS sent from? 2 years ago it was USCIS-CaseStatus@uscis.dhs.gov, is it still the same email?

No, the address it came for me is: do_not_reply_lockbox@dhs.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.