Chelleyandaaron

i-751 October 2020 filers

1,291 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, WanderingSouls said:

.my question was specifically in reference to the biometrics requirement in addition to the i751 stuff

Here's the checklist from USCIS. Don't forget to file the G-1145 So you will be notified that your case is accepted with the receipt #

If you are filing a joint petition, did you provide the following?

• Copies of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card; 
  • Copies of the front and back of the Permanent Resident Cards of any conditional permanent resident children you are including in your petition (if applicable);
  • Evidence of the relationship:
    • Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted status was entered in good faith and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date;
  • An explanation for reason you are filing late (if applicable);
  • An explanation for the reason you are filing separately from your primary conditional permanent resident parent (if applicable);
  • Dispositions on criminal charges, arrests, or convictions (if applicable);and 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning,

I am a bit confused about the earliest filling date for form i-751. When the calculator on the USCIS writes: The earliest date you may file your form i-751is 10/20/2020. Should I take my package to post office this very date or my package should arrive at USCIS on the above date. I need some help please.

5 minutes ago, Msky said:

Should I take my package to post office this very date or my package should arrive at USCIS on the above date. I need some help please.

A lot of us choose to mail it a few days after the 90 day mark, like 87 days or so. at least we were certain they didnt reject it on us for being too early. again that was our choice. you can time it to arrive on the exact date that is up to you.

1 hour ago, Msky said:

Good morning,

I am a bit confused about the earliest filling date for form i-751. When the calculator on the USCIS writes: The earliest date you may file your form i-751is 10/20/2020. Should I take my package to post office this very date or my package should arrive at USCIS on the above date. I need some help please.

In addition to what Bob said, I would recommend using this calculator to determine when that 90 day mark is: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

Some people make the mistake that the 90 day mark basically means 3 months before the expiration, which isn't always the case. If you GC expires on January 1st 2021, you wouldn't want to send your form on October 1st 2020, but on October 3rd.  

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2020-10-16

NOA Date : 2020-10-30

New Card Ordered: 2021-06-15

Fingerprints Taken (reused) Date: 2021-06-15

Approval / Denial Date : 2021-06-15

Approved : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2017-11-11

NOA Date : 2017-11-18

RFE(s) : 2018-01-05

Bio. Appt. : 2017-11-29

Interview Date : 2019-01-02

Approval / Denial Date : 2019-01-05

GC Received: 2019-01-11

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello. I am trying to find out if both IDs must  be submitted(compulsory) .My spouse kids lives with his godmother .His godmother address is on his ID because of his kids...while were we both live , that  address is on my ID .Should I submit both IDs with different addresses? Your answers will be appreciated. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi everyone. 

It has been time for me to file my removal of conditions for a while now but we were just in the process of buying a house and kind of pushed it away

I have filled out all the forms and I believe I have gathered all the the needed documents but I am a bit unsure if it is enough. Until now I thought I will be fine but now I am a bit worried if I will have enough evidence?! We have had the most laid back and unadventurous past 2 years and I feel like it's not enough now. 

Here is What I have included: 

Form G-1145 e-notification of application

Table of Content

Form I751

Tax return from 2018 and 2019

Occupancy Permit and Apartment Insurance with both our names for our previous apartment

Flight Confirmation for a Vacation in August 2019

Title for our current home and insurance in both our names

Utility Bill for current address in both our names

Pictures of us with family and friends over the past 2 years

Our check reflects our current address and both our names.

Our mortgage loan I took out with my mother in law as my co-signer.. my husband (the USC) is not on it at all. should I include something and explain that she is my mother in law?

Thank you so much for your help, I am really hoping to send this all off this week. 

13 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

Here is What I have included: 

Form G-1145 e-notification of application

Table of Content

Form I751

Tax return from 2018 and 2019

Occupancy Permit and Apartment Insurance with both our names for our previous apartment

Flight Confirmation for a Vacation in August 2019

Title for our current home and insurance in both our names

Utility Bill for current address in both our names

Pictures of us with family and friends over the past 2 years

You probably forgot to list it here, but a copy of your GC is very important.

Here is a list of things that could help you: credit card statements, bank statements, car insurance, health insurance, and driver licenses - all showing at least one of you on the same address (preferably both of you)

Our mortgage loan I took out with my mother in law as my co-signer.. my husband (the USC) is not on it at all. should I include something and explain that she is my mother in law?

What if you ask your mother in law for a letter of support in which she can say a word or two about that part as well? It might be a good place to add it in, you know? At the very least, maybe say something about it in the cover letter?

Removal of Conditions

Adjustment of Status

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Im about to send the packet in today and im on the east coast. Usually all the stuff gets mailed to Texas but on the site it now says to mail the I-751 to Arizona. Was that a recent change? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, theredcomet said:

Im about to send the packet in today and im on the east coast. Usually all the stuff gets mailed to Texas but on the site it now says to mail the I-751 to Arizona. Was that a recent change? Thanks!

yes as of 19 August 2020. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You guys are sending 100s of documents? I suspect my entire package won't reach 100 pages. No need to go crazy, just show them you are in a real marriage.

9 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

You guys are sending 100s of documents? I suspect my entire package won't reach 100 pages. No need to go crazy, just show them you are in a real marriage.

I believe you're correct. I found myself sending hundreds of documents for the sole reason that I'll be able to sleep better at night, knowing that I did everything that I could. Again though, you're probably right, less than a 100 is most likely just fine!

Removal of Conditions

Adjustment of Status

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
1 hour ago, skatz said:

You probably forgot to list it here, but a copy of your GC is very important.

Here is a list of things that could help you: credit card statements, bank statements, car insurance, health insurance, and driver licenses - all showing at least one of you on the same address (preferably both of you)

What if you ask your mother in law for a letter of support in which she can say a word or two about that part as well? It might be a good place to add it in, you know? At the very least, maybe say something about it in the cover letter?

Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out.. Yes, I forgot to list it. I have bank statements and copies of our health insurance cards now included as well. We are currently both waiting for our new licenses, as we just moved and I would like to send the paperwork asap. 

And thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely talk to my mother in law about that!!. 

20 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

As with a lot of things, better to have too much than not enough. kind of a head them off at the pass mentality.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.