darth vader

Potomac filers 2020 thread

156 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Thank you for the reply. So what is the point of the list then? Is it just VJ members by their timeline? 

You can still see at the top wich VJ Members have been approved last by each service center... so you can see where they are at kinda. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 11:42 AM, mljW said:

You can still see at the top wich VJ Members have been approved last by each service center... so you can see where they are at kinda. 

I like the setup but just don't understand why Janurary unapproved would be removed from view. Previously there were many listed. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I keep hearing Potomac is working on January cases. Don’t know if it’s just many of people who are listed as Jan are joining and not enough data to conclude. I’ve seen random months get selected so. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Moondaze said:

I keep hearing Potomac is working on January cases. Don’t know if it’s just many of people who are listed as Jan are joining and not enough data to conclude. I’ve seen random months get selected so. 

I wish they would finish my son's case, his pd is Jan 21 2020, and I was told 10 days ago he is out of status, I will call later to file a new case inquiry and see what the hold up is. Good Luck

Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 11:08 AM, craig5977 said:

I wish they would finish my son's case, his pd is Jan 21 2020, and I was told 10 days ago he is out of status, I will call later to file a new case inquiry and see what the hold up is. Good Luck

I called and opened a new inquiry as to why his case is out of status, and received a reply almost immediately, that they are actively reviewing his case and I noticed on case status inquiry it also changed to actively being reviewed so hopefully will hear some news soon. Good luck to everyone

Timeline
21 hours ago, craig5977 said:

I called and opened a new inquiry as to why his case is out of status, and received a reply almost immediately, that they are actively reviewing his case and I noticed on case status inquiry it also changed to actively being reviewed so hopefully will hear some news soon. Good luck to everyone

We got NOA2 on his case today, Jan 8th, so is good news and now on to NVC to catch up to his mother's case.

If you are out of status I suggest you send an inquiry into why with USCIS

Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, craig5977 said:

We got NOA2 on his case today, Jan 8th, so is good news and now on to NVC to catch up to his mother's case.

If you are out of status I suggest you send an inquiry into why with USCIS

Good Luck

Congrats! How did you send an inquiry?  I'm an April 2020 filer but they blocked my calls and messages with my case number saying it's not out of processing time yet

Edited by KK and RB
typo

Timeline
1 hour ago, KK and RB said:

Congrats! How did you send an inquiry?  I'm an April 2020 filer but they blocked my calls and messages with my case number saying it's not out of processing time yet

Do a google search for case status online. When you get to case status online, in the upper right hand corner is an icon called tools, click on it, you will see a self service tab, click on e-request and send in the form for case out of status inquiry. Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
11 hours ago, craig5977 said:

Do a google search for case status online. When you get to case status online, in the upper right hand corner is an icon called tools, click on it, you will see a self service tab, click on e-request and send in the form for case out of status inquiry. Good luck

Thanks but I tried it already and got gn error saying my case isn't out of processing time and can't send there. I may need to wait more to inquire even though I waited 9months

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Those all updates since June 2019
19 Jun,2019–case was received 

4 feb,2020 —-case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction( transferred from Nebraska to Potomac)

9 Apr,2020—request for additional evidence was sent

20 May,2020-–request for additional evidence was received

Edited by Jessicajing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.