darth vader

Potomac filers 2020 thread

156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Does it say "case being actively reviewed" in the online account?

Yes, I just got approved today!

Timeline
Just now, JourneySafari said:

Are you still able to see when your file is touched? That feature is no longer available on our account.

No i can't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 11:24 PM, Linos said:

Joining the club 👋 We just received our NOA1 hard copy in the mail - in the footer it says Potomac (online when I check the status it says Nebraska)..unsure which to believe

Sorry to jump in. Could you let me know how to check which center takes care of my case online? I received a letter from Nebraska but recently USCIS said Potomac does so I’m confused and wanna check it online bc they doesn’t reply to me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 hours ago, KK and RB said:

Sorry to jump in. Could you let me know how to check which center takes care of my case online? I received a letter from Nebraska but recently USCIS said Potomac does so I’m confused and wanna check it online bc they doesn’t reply to me

Hi, you can check the status online by typing in your case number here (although I’m not sure this is what you are looking for) you can also type ‘live agent’ into the ask Emma window to connect to a live agent although afaik calling USCIS and trying to connect to a tier 2 agent is probably the most reliable source.

hope this helps 😊

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Linos said:

Hi, you can check the status online by typing in your case number here (although I’m not sure this is what you are looking for) you can also type ‘live agent’ into the ask Emma window to connect to a live agent although afaik calling USCIS and trying to connect to a tier 2 agent is probably the most reliable source.

hope this helps 😊

Thank you so much! I did but the web doesn’t mention clearly which center handles my case. Everyone see their center there? Is it bc I’m a online filer? My case number is also weird.

On the other hand I will try Emma

DF0DDE0F-7943-44A3-84C7-74641A727D1E.jpeg

On 12/15/2020 at 7:25 PM, Enii said:

Thank you! We needed to prove our marriage is bona fide

Did you send any evidence of bonafide marriage with the original petition? Interesting that you were able to successfully reply to RFE within one day! Do you mind sharing a more details? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My PD date is January 22, nothing since,filed online,  I have spoken to USCIS a few times for and expedite but refused each time, I sent and inquiry email but got a not outside the normal processing times. I spoke to an agent in September that said I should be approved by mid November, and to inquire then, I spoke to an officer in mid November, she would not let me speak to a Tier 2 person. Yet she told me my case was current based on the PD because the website said October 2018 then, and she said delays were from the centers being closed because of Covid-19 for a couple of months. It doesn't make any sense. I spoke to someone the first week of December and was told the case was actively being processed, and if I don't hear anything by Jan 7 to submit another inquiry online. Mine is for my 5 year old step-son, his Mother is approved and at NVC waiting for his to catch up.

What does not make sense is that since Mid March, most countries have not allowed international travel so there should not be many new cases filed if you have not met your fiancee yet or married since then. The number of new cases should have dropped and the older ones should be approved faster. Good luck to everyone.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Did you send any evidence of bonafide marriage with the original petition? Interesting that you were able to successfully reply to RFE within one day! Do you mind sharing a more details? Thanks!

Yes we uploaded house deed and prove of jointly held bank account with the petition. We replied on RFE with our pictures, I-94, prove of his health insurance I'm on..and again house deed and jointly held bank account.

Does anyone else think that based on VJ timeline data, since most of Feb, Mar and Apr from Potomac are already approved, they should be approving May filers very soon once they are done with Jan filers?

4 hours ago, Bryma said:

Hello, we filed I-130 in January 15 and they touched our application only ONCE so far (February 11). We have been waiting for 11 months... So frustrating! The Case History of USCIS site shows "Invalid Date Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed". Does anyone have the same issue? 

You should be getting approved any day now. Hang in there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.