I.A

Update on interviews in Pakistan

274 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/16/2020 at 4:04 PM, Lexushim said:

Guys... I also heard that the visa issuance might get delayed due to the fact that 2020 fiscal year ends on Sept 30. Like they may be issuing the remaining visas for Pakistanis until the limit is over for the year...Idk how true is that but I read that in 2019, apparently only 3,726 visas were issued from Pakistan compared to 5,012 in 2018... (Not sure what category in Pakistan it was for Immediate relative but I read this number from this link....)

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableXII.pdf

any opinions? 🤔

There is no limit on spousal visas.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

2 hours ago, 2019 said:

Hey, did you upload proof of bonafide marriage like pics, chats etc at the Ceac portal prior to you interview? 

or you just took them directly to the interview?

I sent my wedding photos (around 10 photos) during filing I-130.

On CEAC I upload all of my civil documents (Birth certificate, Marriage certificates, PCC and Passport Biographic page).

I bring my wedding photo album,chat and call logs to the interview.

Edited by Raza329
missing something

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Raza329 said:

I sent my wedding photos (around 10 photos) during filing I-130.

On CEAC I upload all of my civil documents (Birth certificate, Marriage certificates, PCC and Passport Biographic page).

I bring my wedding photo album,chat and call logs to the interview.

Thankyou, one more question, was your beneficiary a male or female?

52 minutes ago, Hmhm1 said:

How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask?

Did you register for the passport pickup location? 

Interview was very short.

Questions they asked were:

▪︎How do you met?

▪︎How long you live in UK and what u do there?

▪︎Tell me about your wife?

▪︎Is this your first marriage?

▪︎How many people attend your marriage ceremony?

▪︎Marriage venue and place?

▪︎Do you have any child together?

▪︎Show me your wedding pictures?

VO type each and every word of mine on her computer. 

Yes i do register for passport services right after my interview on "ustraveldocs".

1 hour ago, Raza329 said:

Interview was very short.

Questions they asked were:

▪︎How do you met?

▪︎How long you live in UK and what u do there?

▪︎Tell me about your wife?

▪︎Is this your first marriage?

▪︎How many people attend your marriage ceremony?

▪︎Marriage venue and place?

▪︎Do you have any child together?

▪︎Show me your wedding pictures?

VO type each and every word of mine on her computer. 

Yes i do register for passport services right after my interview on "ustraveldocs".

Thank you!

Instructions seem to say register for courier services before the interview, just wanted to be sure.  

13 minutes ago, Hmhm1 said:

Thank you!

Instructions seem to say register for courier services before the interview, just wanted to be sure.  

Yes you can register your passport delivery details before your interview.

Register before interview is better and safe, so you don't forget to enter details for passport recovery. I did register my passport recovery services in March before my first scheduled interview and after interviewed on 15th September i update this page again, because I was thought it may be expired.

14 minutes ago, Raza329 said:

Yes you can register your passport delivery details before your interview.

Register before interview is better and safe, so you don't forget to enter details for passport recovery. I did register my passport recovery services in March before my first scheduled interview and after interviewed on 15th September i update this page again, because I was thought it may be expired.

So what exactly happens to the passport? After the interview, the embassy sends the passport to the location you select I assume through the courier service?

8 hours ago, Hmhm1 said:

So what exactly happens to the passport? After the interview, the embassy sends the passport to the location you select I assume through the courier service?

Embassy will send your passport and all other original docs through AEG courier. But you must register your details with UStraveldocs.com/pk to retrieve your docs, also AEG will send you confirmation email when your passport is ready for pick up or delivery.

Home delivery charges is Rs.700 anywhere in Pakistan.

All other details are mentioned on UStaveldocs website.

7 hours ago, Raza329 said:

Embassy will send your passport and all other original docs through AEG courier. But you must register your details with UStraveldocs.com/pk to retrieve your docs, also AEG will send you confirmation email when your passport is ready for pick up or delivery.

Home delivery charges is Rs.700 anywhere in Pakistan.

All other details are mentioned on UStaveldocs website.

Oh okay got it.

Did they ask you for any updated documents of the ones you submitted? Like tax trascript?

We had submitted 2018 because they were most recent but now im wondering do I need to update our i 186-4 when i take along new income info along with 2019 tax papers to the interview.

Sorry for asking so many questions!! I just want to be prepared as i know they arr more strict on male applicants in pakistan.

4 hours ago, Hmhm1 said:

Oh okay got it.

Did they ask you for any updated documents of the ones you submitted? Like tax trascript?

We had submitted 2018 because they were most recent but now im wondering do I need to update our i 186-4 when i take along new income info along with 2019 tax papers to the interview.

Sorry for asking so many questions!! I just want to be prepared as i know they arr more strict on male applicants in pakistan.

my upload tax transcript and W-2 on NVC was also for 2018, but I bring 2019 tax transcript and W-2 for visa interview.

They didn't ask me about the latest transcript.

Some people advise to upload the latest tax transcript some are not after your case approved at NVC. I am not an expert i am just giving you advise based on my personal experience.

In my case i didn't upload the latest transcript, I just bring it with me on the day of interview.

It is very important to bring all your latest financial documents to your interview.

15 hours ago, Raza329 said:

my upload tax transcript and W-2 on NVC was also for 2018, but I bring 2019 tax transcript and W-2 for visa interview.

They didn't ask me about the latest transcript.

Some people advise to upload the latest tax transcript some are not after your case approved at NVC. I am not an expert i am just giving you advise based on my personal experience.

In my case i didn't upload the latest transcript, I just bring it with me on the day of interview.

It is very important to bring all your latest financial documents to your interview.

My DQ is 5th march....my case still at NvC...ir1

On 9/15/2020 at 7:39 PM, Raza329 said:

Previously my interview was scheduled for 02-April-2020. Medical was expired on 13th September, but I received call from embassy last week and they scheduled me for 15-sep-2020 with one month medical extension.

My DQ is 5th march...case still at nvc any body here whose case still at nvc Dq march?

31 minutes ago, skyrainbow49 said:

My DQ is 5th march...case still at nvc any body here whose case still at nvc Dq march?

My case was DQ in October 2019, NVC sent my approved application to Embassy in February and sent me an e-mail for scheduled visa interview on 9th March and my interview was on 2nd april, but it was cancelled due to COVID-19.

So, if everything goes well than you expect atleast 3 months from now to get your visa appointment. Its my prediction. I hope your case will complete soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.