I.A

Update on interviews in Pakistan

274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, SL & TB said:

I initially had my interview date on 2nd April, 2020 but it was cancelled due to Covid. I got the cancellation email 2 weeks before the appointment but I had already done my medical exam a few days before that.

On 8th September, 2020 I received a call from the embassy telling me my medical expires soon(mid September) and if they extend it one month, will I be able to travel before the extended period expires? I said yes I can travel. I was told that my interview will be scheduled for next week and then two days later, I got an email to appear for interview on 14th September, 2020.

The wait was long but the interview itself was very short. ~10 mins total. Out of which questions/answers would have been 3-5 minutes maybe, rest of it was the CO typing on computer. I was mainly asked questions about my wife, the marriage, how we met and then asked to show the wedding photo album. They didn't ask me for photocopies of anything, not even passport photocopy. At the end of the interview, CO gave me my original documents(Marriage certificate, birth certificate, nikkah nama with English translation) back and said "That's all. You'll receive your visa in 2 weeks. Good luck. Bye". They kept my passport.

I didn't actually ask if my Visa was approved but since I wasn't given any form and the CO said 2 weeks, I just assume that means approval. My CEAC status currently shows Administrative Processing.

same here. Mine says Refused. Yuck. I had all docs, no bad history & all clean records

Isn’t AP no longer used by embassy anymore? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, I.A said:

As far as i know you are good. It changes from refused to Ap and then issued. I have seen many people saying that.

Thanks for giving me hopes. We all had our interview today. I wonder if my would change to AP next? 

please IM or post it here for any updates 

as of now, it’s same status for me. Did yours also changed from Ready > Refused > AP?

Last week, ppl who had their medical expiring on same day as me got on hand visa. It got me nervous today mail in passport option. 

Edited by jamesbond786

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jamesbond786 said:

same here. Mine says Refused. Yuck. I had all docs, no bad history & all clean records

Isn’t AP no longer used by embassy anymore? 

I don't know about the embassy procedures but mine changed from Ready to Administrative Processing 3-4 hours after the interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SL & TB said:

I don't know about the embassy procedures but mine changed from Ready to Administrative Processing 3-4 hours after the interview.

Did they give any 221g form? 

I didn’t get any 221g. It was great interview  & I was happy at the end. Now ...........

Timeline
Just now, jamesbond786 said:

Did they give any 221g form? 

I didn’t get any 221g. It was great interview  & I was happy at the end. Now ...........

I didn't get any form. I was told I'll get Visa in 2 weeks and they gave me back all my original documents and kept passport

Timeline

2 hours ago, SL & TB said:

I initially had my interview date on 2nd April, 2020 but it was cancelled due to Covid. I got the cancellation email 2 weeks before the appointment but I had already done my medical exam a few days before that.

On 8th September, 2020 I received a call from the embassy telling me my medical expires soon(mid September) and if they extend it one month, will I be able to travel before the extended period expires? I said yes I can travel. I was told that my interview will be scheduled for next week and then two days later, I got an email to appear for interview on 14th September, 2020.

The wait was long but the interview itself was very short. ~10 mins total. Out of which questions/answers would have been 3-5 minutes maybe, rest of it was the CO typing on computer. I was mainly asked questions about my wife, the marriage, how we met and then asked to show the wedding photo album. They didn't ask me for photocopies of anything, not even passport photocopy. At the end of the interview, CO gave me my original documents(Marriage certificate, birth certificate, nikkah nama with English translation) back and said "That's all. You'll receive your visa in 2 weeks. Good luck. Bye". They kept my passport.

I didn't actually ask if my Visa was approved but since I wasn't given any form and the CO said 2 weeks, I just assume that means approval. My CEAC status currently shows Administrative Processing.

When were youy DQ'd before embassy closed and when did you get IL?

Edited by Lexushim

Timeline

Hey guys... so according to my keen research/assumption based on the stats on this website for PAKISTAN EMBASSY... I predicted the interview letters (IL) and Interview Dates (ID) for this year 2020: 

The interviews are basically held after one month of the IL's emails so I'll put a / in my predictions below (You can have 1-3 months in each +/-) :

1. If you got DQ'd in MARCH 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in October 2020/November 2020
  2. If you got DQ'd in APRIL 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in November 2020/December 2020
  3. If you got DQ'd in MAY 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in December 2020/January 2021
  4. If you got DQ'd in June 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in January 2021/February 2021
  5. If you got DQ'd in July 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in February 2021/March 2021
  6. If you got DQ'd in Aug 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in March 2021/April 2021.

These are based on data from this website. I am not an expert; just anxiously waiting for my husband... hope this helps a little. Good luck everyone. Keep me updated on your IL and Interview dates. Thank you :)

6 hours ago, SL & TB said:

Hey Congratulations! When were your documents qualified by the NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.