Jump to content

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi I filed for AOS as the spouse of a US citizen in June (we got married late may), the USCIS sent me a notice of deficiency to tell me I didn't submit the medical in my package and that they'll tell me if I need to submit it later or bring it to my interview. 

 

Question is, can I wait for their instructions to do the actual medical exam or should I do it sometime within the next few months to be ready when they request it and when should I do it?

 

Thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

With all the COVID delays I also decided to not send my medical exam now neither because once you semd it, it expires in 2 years and who knows how slow this can be.  I dont wanna pay twice for the same.

 

I think they use to give the option of bringing it to the interview or sometimes they send a RFE asking for it (this sometimes happens because your interview might be waived).


Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : San Diego CA
Date Filed : 2020-08-18
NOA Date : 2020-08-20
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. :  
AOS Transfer** :  
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Greencard Received:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We did the medical right after we got our biometrics notice - I didn't want to send it in the initial package either, plus we couldn't get it scheduled due to Covid.  It took about a week to be ready for pickup.  Now we wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The medical expires after 2 years? I thought it was one year!

The deficiency notice mentioned the interview might be waived and that they would send an RFE if so but honestly I've never seen anyone in my situation not getting an interview...

Thanks for your replies, I guess I'll schedule an appointment soon then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

The medical expires after 2 years. I just submitted my AOS packet this week. I actually went ahead and included the medical. My reasoning (and I am speaking for myself here, not making any generalizations) for that is because due to pandemic, some cases are being approved without biometrics and interview. I have underwent biometric examination by USCIS last year for a travel visa for another country. I am hoping that my case might be one of the lucky ones that is approved with interview too. For cases that have been approved without interview, I read that USCIS is sending out RFEs for I693. So I decided that I want to go ahead and preemptively submit those documents. I spent close to $500 for the medical documents and had to take a day off from work. But personally, I am okay with that price to have the peace of mind that I did everything I could to make the process go as smoothly as possible. 


Marriage based AOS Timeline:

  1. 9/8/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using UPS
  2. 9/11/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 9/18/2020 - Checks cashed by USCIS
  4. 9/21/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  5. 9/26/2020 - Received 4 I-797s corresponding to the NOAs. PD is 9/11/2020.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually just did this.

 

I am sending in my I-693 medical form along with my concurrent I-130 and I-485 filing. I felt it was easier to send a complete package and get it done and out of the way.

 

As an FYI - When I did my medical I was missing a couple of vaccinations. I was able to get them done for free at Walgreens through my insurance which saved me around 150 dollars. Just something to keep in mind.

Edited by JasonS1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got my husband's vaccines done in advance as well as bloodwork through our health insurance - I wish I had asked for them to do STD testing as well, because the immigration doctor hit us with a $300 charge for those.  If you have insurance that covers it, I would highly recommend doing it all in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, SusnOwen said:

We got my husband's vaccines done in advance as well as bloodwork through our health insurance - I wish I had asked for them to do STD testing as well, because the immigration doctor hit us with a $300 charge for those.  If you have insurance that covers it, I would highly recommend doing it all in advance.

I took all my vaccines records from France because I was supposed to do the medical there before getting my K1 but when Covid hit I was in the US and we decided to go for the AOS. I don't really know what part of the medical can be done in advance actually, I was assuming they would want everything done by the immigration doctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Scotriel said:

I took all my vaccines records from France because I was supposed to do the medical there before getting my K1 but when Covid hit I was in the US and we decided to go for the AOS. I don't really know what part of the medical can be done in advance actually, I was assuming they would want everything done by the immigration doctor

If you have health insurance that covers it, take your vaccine records to your regular doctor with the list of vaccines, plus the STD tests.  Have him order the vaccines you may need and lab work for the STD tests - take proof of all of those to your immigration medical.  It will save you hundreds of dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scotriel said:

Last question guys, where can I find the list of tests that I can do prior to the medical (only STDs? which?) Thanks again for your help

The tests that I did were Quantiferon Gold for TB, RPR test for syphilis, and a test for gonorrhea (don't remember the name). Some civil surgeons allow you to get the tests done elsewhere and bring the results, while others insist that you get the test done in house, or through labs recommended by them. So I suggest you pick your civil surgeon first, and then see what they suggest. I would not blindly get these tests done without talking to the civil surgeon.


Marriage based AOS Timeline:

  1. 9/8/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using UPS
  2. 9/11/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 9/18/2020 - Checks cashed by USCIS
  4. 9/21/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  5. 9/26/2020 - Received 4 I-797s corresponding to the NOAs. PD is 9/11/2020.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
14 hours ago, nendu said:

The tests that I did were Quantiferon Gold for TB, RPR test for syphilis, and a test for gonorrhea (don't remember the name). Some civil surgeons allow you to get the tests done elsewhere and bring the results, while others insist that you get the test done in house, or through labs recommended by them. So I suggest you pick your civil surgeon first, and then see what they suggest. I would not blindly get these tests done without talking to the civil surgeon.

True that! Makes sense...THANKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 1:43 PM, nendu said:

The medical expires after 2 years. I just submitted my AOS packet this week. I actually went ahead and included the medical. My reasoning (and I am speaking for myself here, not making any generalizations) for that is because due to pandemic, some cases are being approved without biometrics and interview. I have underwent biometric examination by USCIS last year for a travel visa for another country. I am hoping that my case might be one of the lucky ones that is approved with interview too. For cases that have been approved without interview, I read that USCIS is sending out RFEs for I693. So I decided that I want to go ahead and preemptively submit those documents. I spent close to $500 for the medical documents and had to take a day off from work. But personally, I am okay with that price to have the peace of mind that I did everything I could to make the process go as smoothly as possible. 

I did the same thing. I just wanted to have it done and not have to think about it later on, and like you said, if they waive the interview we wouldn't have to send it in afterwards. 


AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...