2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
37 minutes ago, Boris Britva said:

Guys, is there any other option to check status except Case Status Online at USCIS website or phone call? It just stuck after I-360 was approved and case was transferred. My I-485 interview was 3 weeks ago and end up with review so I am in unclear situation... Thank you!

The online system is a courtesy and is not always accurate. How did your interview go? Did you have all your documents (medical, birth certificates, etc)? Did they say they needed anything else from you and were going to RFE you for it? If not then you need to be patient a while longer. Sometimes Officers can not approve things in the interview and for various reasons that have nothing to do with you and need to have it signed off on by a supervisor. This can take 30-60 days for the Officer to give it to the supervisor and them to review it and the approval to be entered into the system. If you do not get an approval, denial, or RFE after 30-60 days from the interview you can contact your congressman to inquire on what the delay is. Its rare for things to get misplaced or overlooked but it can happen. Just keep an eye on the online status for it to change to card issued/case approved and if you havent already sign up for informed delivery from the post office where they email you a picture of the mail you will be receiving each day. You are almost at the end so hang in there! It will be over soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 11/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, Oskar1234 said:

Hello folks,

I just got my approval notice for I-360 after 3 months since I got C31 card.

Now I supposeΒ to file I485.

My question is, 4Β years ago I applied already I485 with my spouse in that time as regular wedding couple, and we waited for interview.

Never went to that interview since we were separated. So I applied after that I360.

Do I still have pending that I485 from couple of years ago,or should I applyΒ new one now after Β I360 has been approved.

Thank you

Β 

It is possible that it's still pending, I'd say you should check through your congressman or info pass appointment to see if the marriage I485 is still pending.

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

The online system is a courtesy and is not always accurate. How did your interview go? Did you have all your documents (medical, birth certificates, etc)? Did they say they needed anything else from you and were going to RFE you for it? If not then you need to be patient a while longer. Sometimes Officers can not approve things in the interview and for various reasons that have nothing to do with you and need to have it signed off on by a supervisor. This can take 30-60 days for the Officer to give it to the supervisor and them to review it and the approval to be entered into the system. If you do not get an approval, denial, or RFE after 30-60 days from the interview you can contact your congressman to inquire on what the delay is. Its rare for things to get misplaced or overlooked but it can happen. Just keep an eye on the online status for it to change to card issued/case approved and if you havent already sign up for informed delivery from the post office where they email you a picture of the mail you will be receiving each day. You are almost at the end so hang in there! It will be over soon.

Hey! thank you for your reply! The interview went very smooth and good overall, I had everything officer need (birth certificate, medicals, passport, previous EADs and etc). Officer said she need to review something probably by the end of the week and gave me letter about review. She also said if everything is ok I wil get a GC within 2 weeks so today is basically 3 weeks after interview and idk how can I check my status. Case status stopped updating after transfer to NBC in January 2020, since then I only track my case by mail (got I360 approval letter, courtesy letter, interview letter). I called costumer service but they can't provide me this information.

Edited by Boris Britva

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

Should I try to give them another call maybe or it's pointless?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

As long as they have not reached a decision on your case..they can send you prima facie..I received prima facie a couple of months before my case was approved! So receiving prima facie doesn't mean your case is going to take longer..you might even get an approval next week! Keep been proactive..seek the assistance of your congressperson to enquire what the delay is about..etc. Just know you're closer than before!πŸ‘

Thank youΒ 

4 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

Guys, is there any other option to check status except Case Status Online at USCIS website or phone call? It just stuck after I-360 was approved and case was transferred. My I-485 interview was 3 weeks ago and end up with review so I am in unclear situation... Thank you!

Hi Boris, you should be hearing something soon..it's not unusual with USCIS! Also the online status doesn't always display currentΒ status of your case..so have no fear. You made it already..congratulations!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

On 11/21/2020 at 11:00 AM, Oskar1234 said:

Hello folks,

I just got my approval notice for I-360 after 3 months since I got C31 card.

Now I supposeΒ to file I485.

My question is, 4Β years ago I applied already I485 with my spouse in that time as regular wedding couple, and we waited for interview.

Never went to that interview since we were separated. So I applied after that I360.

Do I still have pending that I485 from couple of years ago,or should I applyΒ new one now after Β I360 has been approved.

Thank you

Β 

You need to be sure the initial i485 isn't denied and you weren't put in removal proceedings. Usually like a lot of people do here..myself included..we ask for the i485 to be held in abeyance pending when i360 is adjudicated. In the absence of that hitch, the next step would be to file i485 and adjust status.πŸ‘

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi Boris, you should be hearing something soon..it's not unusual with USCIS! Also the online status doesn't always display currentΒ status of your case..so have no fear. You made it already..congratulations!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Hey Stllwinning!!!☺️ Hopefully, because I already can't wait especially when there is no certain yes or no and I hate it. Thank you!!! Is there any other option I can check my status exept mail request?

2 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

It is possible that it's still pending, I'd say you should check through your congressman or info pass appointment to see if the marriage I485 is still pending.

That's right..else it would be seen as abandoned..and consequently denied. Let's hope that's not the case though!πŸ™πŸ˜Š

1 minute ago, Boris Britva said:

Hey Stllwinning!!!☺️ Hopefully, because I already can't wait especially when there is no certain yes or no and I hate it. Thank you!!! Is there any other option I can check my status exept mail request?

If I were in your shoes, I would contact my congressman..I've always had a fruitful experience with them.πŸ‘

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If I were in your shoes, I would contact my congressman..I've always had a fruitful experience with them.πŸ‘

I am probably gonna wait until next week so it will be a month after interview and I will try it... Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi Stillwinning!

I have sent my second inquiry request same congressman. It’s been 7 daysΒ I didn’t getΒ Β any response from Congressman office, last time was pretty quick response.Β 

10 minutes ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Hi Stillwinning!

I have sent my second inquiry request same congressman. It’s been 7 daysΒ I didn’t getΒ Β any response from Congressman office, last time was pretty quick response.Β 

Yeah..they usually get back to you once they get word from USCIS..it's never the same pace..all depends on the enquiries in front of them. There were times they got back to me faster than other times. You'll definitely hear something..that's the most important thing!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yeah..they usually get back to you once they get word from USCIS..it's never the same pace..all depends on the enquiries in front of them. There were times they got back to me faster than other times. You'll definitely hear something..that's the most important thing!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.It has really helped me understand the situation.

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.