Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
20 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

Update 2: Sydney emailed me this morning with the instructions to fill out my DS-160 and pay the fee for MRV and then they can get my interview scheduled. So I guess that means they are still processing K-1 applications. 

The most recent email which I received last week from the Sydney Consulate, stated that they will reschedule my cancelled interview, once the current Covid restrictions have been lifted. So going by that, they're currently not doing any K1 interviews as yet. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until they can start them up again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Weekly Update; crossed 25% cleared.  Most of the accepted cases seem to carve out of the RFE group.  Under 700 cases remain in the approximate September group (some splashing in from August 311st/ October 1st)
image.png.9baac961f7a825ac1640d881cb0ac708.pngimage.thumb.png.98f10948d93b008a315446c73a76b11e.png

Timeline

Sydney emailed us this morning and said that we are on the waitlist for an interview. At least it’s something. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JustineC85 said:

Sydney emailed us this morning and said that we are on the waitlist for an interview. At least it’s something. 

That is so promising!!! I’m a Sydneysider - there is no way Gladys will keep us in lockdown for longer than the next week. She doesn’t want it, I’m 🤞🏽 That everything opens week after next and everyone gets their interviews soon! 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Timeline
37 minutes ago, AishaniA93 said:

That is so promising!!! I’m a Sydneysider - there is no way Gladys will keep us in lockdown for longer than the next week. She doesn’t want it, I’m 🤞🏽 That everything opens week after next and everyone gets their interviews soon! 

Even with the many cases? I sure do hope that you're right! 🙏 

Our premier here in Western Australia wants to keep a hard border against Sydney indefinitely, which will mean two week quarantine upon arriving back in Perth (after my interview). 😠 But it will be worth it. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, yvonme said:

Interview canceled. 

I'm so sorry ☹ It's horrible for this to happen, after having to wait so long to reach the final stage. It affected me more than what I expected, when my interview was cancelled last month. I ended up with a dose of depression for about two weeks, but am feeling better now in spite of it all. Hang in there, we will have our interviews, it's just a matter of time. 🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

Even with the many cases? I sure do hope that you're right! 🙏 

Our premier here in Western Australia wants to keep a hard border against Sydney indefinitely, which will mean two week quarantine upon arriving back in Perth (after my interview). 😠 But it will be worth it. 

I'm definitely not an expert but I just speak from personal experience and from the experience of those around me - I think it is to do with the fact that we have avoided a huge lockdown since the initial one at the start of the pandemic. Northern Beaches was locked down for 2 weeks but there is literally 2 roads in and out of the northern beaches so it was easy to lock it down and make sure it stayed that way, but the rest of Sydney simply can't and won't comply with that...

I think she will extend for one more week (as she already announced) and then there will be a phased reopening. The general attitude here is a full lockdown isn't going to be met with enthusiasm at all. I don't know that I agree with other premiers acting like they have - it's become state against state which is so sad 😕 

Is there any chance you can just stay in Sydney and fly out of here after your interview? I know it is tough with family and hard to organise but that way you avoid quarantine? Is it mandatory hotel quarantine in Perth?

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AishaniA93 said:

I'm definitely not an expert but I just speak from personal experience and from the experience of those around me - I think it is to do with the fact that we have avoided a huge lockdown since the initial one at the start of the pandemic. Northern Beaches was locked down for 2 weeks but there is literally 2 roads in and out of the northern beaches so it was easy to lock it down and make sure it stayed that way, but the rest of Sydney simply can't and won't comply with that...

I think she will extend for one more week (as she already announced) and then there will be a phased reopening. The general attitude here is a full lockdown isn't going to be met with enthusiasm at all. I don't know that I agree with other premiers acting like they have - it's become state against state which is so sad 😕 

Is there any chance you can just stay in Sydney and fly out of here after your interview? I know it is tough with family and hard to organise but that way you avoid quarantine? Is it mandatory hotel quarantine in Perth?

I have often considered the prospect of remaining in Sydney after my interview, then leaving for the US from there. It makes perfect sense to do that, and it would need quite a bit of planning to make it happen. What's mostly stopping me, is 'what if my visa is denied'? I'd literally be homeless, as I'd need to move out of the unit I'm renting. But I will still consider it. As for quarantine, I should be able to quarantine in a 'suitable premise' according to our premier. Which usually means at home. 

Timeline

The way I see it is that at the very minimum it is good that Sydney is still processing K-1 even though there is a lockdown. Meaning that they are putting people on waitlists to get their interviews once they are open and ready to resume. Its better than the alternative which is other countries whose consulates are just flat out not processing at all. Our time will come, hopefully it will all get sorted by August. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
6 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

The way I see it is that at the very minimum it is good that Sydney is still processing K-1 even though there is a lockdown. Meaning that they are putting people on waitlists to get their interviews once they are open and ready to resume. Its better than the alternative which is other countries whose consulates are just flat out not processing at all. Our time will come, hopefully it will all get sorted by August. 

We havent heard of a waitlist. We were told they will contact us when the restrictions lift.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sharmarine said:

I have often considered the prospect of remaining in Sydney after my interview, then leaving for the US from there. It makes perfect sense to do that, and it would need quite a bit of planning to make it happen. What's mostly stopping me, is 'what if my visa is denied'? I'd literally be homeless, as I'd need to move out of the unit I'm renting. But I will still consider it. As for quarantine, I should be able to quarantine in a 'suitable premise' according to our premier. Which usually means at home. 

My fiance is coming from QLD. They are going to stay in Sydney to avoid the 2 week quarentine back in QLD and leaving from there. I hope they dont take another 2 months to give us interviews from when our NOA2 arrived. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

I think she is extending too. Our interview date isnt even the week the restrictions are affected. Government businesess must know that they are going to be closed. As an American, I dont agree with the lockdown either. With so very few cases and shopping centers being open but not government offices? When we were closed here, it went for everyone, for nearly al organziations  - even deisgner stores, most takeaways were closed, beaches were closed and esential services were priortized to include visa services. Its certainly affecting so many individuals well being. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.