Kilwa01

Self employed besides my full time job

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Since we still in this pandemic. It is a possibility we will have our interview for the K1 visa in 2021.

Since I’ve become unemployed for a long period of time. (I most likely will return September) i want to be self employed besides my full time job to reach the annual amount to sponsor my fiancé. 

Would that be okay with the embassy or should I find a joint sponsor?

Edited by Marwan1992

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

The financial requirements for self employment are a bit different : personally I would find a joint sponsor. However I’m a bit confused are you considering 2 jobs; full time and a self employment job? 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP has really confused this post as he (in previous post OP is the moroccan and fiancee is USC and not working as she stays in Morocco with him)

Morocco and the Casa embassy are already hard on K1 visa approvals

Best advice 

USC and Moroccan marry there if you can get all the documents you need to marry

USC returns to USA

USC gets a job and applies CR1

and by the time of interview USC wil have worked long enough for sponsoring husband

experience of living together in  morocco as married is in your favor

as not married very much against K1 approval (not only because of the cultural but it breaks the law Article 490)

Morocco does not usually allow joint sponsor for K1 -that being said they would if the girl had been in college and now is starting a well paying job (for those of you who may disagree with no joint sponsor)

USC needs to have valid US residency

your $20000 and her 10000 need to be verified and in US bank to be considered (if in DH it is only 2000 and 1000 USD

$10000 USD of the USC would about take care of the expenses of either of the visa applications and move to the USA

Edited by JeanneAdil

58 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

The financial requirements for self employment are a bit different : personally I would find a joint sponsor. However I’m a bit confused are you considering 2 jobs; full time and a self employment job? 

Yea that's what I mean

6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

OP has really confused this post as he (in previous post OP is the moroccan and fiancee is USC and not working as she stays in Morocco with him)

Morocco and the Casa embassy are already hard on K1 visa approvals

Best advice 

USC and Moroccan marry there if you can get all the documents you need to marry

USC returns to USA

USC gets a job and applies CR1

and by the time of interview USC wil have worked long enough for sponsoring husband

experience of living together in  morocco as married is in your favor

as not married very much against K1 approval (not only because of the cultural but it breaks the law Article 490)

Morocco does not usually allow joint sponsor for K1 -that being said they would if the girl had been in college and now is starting a well paying job (for those of you who may disagree with no joint sponsor)

USC needs to have valid US residency

your $20000 and her 10000 need to be verified and in US bank to be considered (if in DH it is only 2000 and 1000 USD

$10000 USD of the USC would about take care of the expenses of either of the visa applications and move to the USA

I think you didn't get it well 

Why I'm asking about that cuz the embassies are still closed 

So surely I won't have possibility to get the interview in 2020 ,

+ We already start our process and sent our package and today we got the NoA2 so there's no possibility now to apply for cr1 

+ I got what you mean but not all moroccan are Muslims or religious to follow what u mean 

Whatever thanks for your advices

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marwan1992 said:

+ We already start our process and sent our package and today we got the NoA2 so there's no possibility now to apply for cr1 

I have no real comment about your case, but this specific statement is incorrect.  Anyone has a choice to marry and file for CR1 at any time during the K-1 process.  You just need to inform the USCIS, NVC or Embassy (depending on the stage of the process) that you are abandoning the K-1 and pursuing CR1.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Marwan1992 said:

I think you didn't get it well 

Why I'm asking about that cuz the embassies are still closed 

So surely I won't have possibility to get the interview in 2020 ,

+ I got what you mean but not all moroccan are Muslims or religious to follow what u mean 

Whatever thanks for your advices

you may not think of yourself as muslim or religious but the national ID card shows that if born in a muslim family, your family''s religion

and from previous posts ,  your chances of getting a K1 approved in Casa embassy are very slim

u asked this question before and answer is the same

USC needs to have  a US residency (with proof like US bank account and / or driving license not just an address)

she will be primary sponsor so needs a job / if claiming self employed,  the job needs to be one that can continue in the US and she has to show she filed US tax returns while working outside the country

AGAIN K1 visas in Morocco are already hard to get even when the USC has a great income and home here (I did) 

It would help you to read the Casa embassy reviews and other posts from Morocco to understand how many K1's are denied and how many have to marry and do CR1 after that

AND you can marry and stop the K1 and do a CR1 

and i am sure there will be no K1 interview in 2020 / maybe not even in the first part of 2021 as there are hundreds of K1's and CR1's ahead of you that are already at the embassy stage

along with Morocco now in a crisis because of the covid virus

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline

Actually  i should have said "doesn't matter if u claim a religion or not"  as Article is a law in Morocco for everyone 

and everyone is bond to uphold laws

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Marwan1992 said:

of course you can. simply cancel the k1 and inform you are going to file a CR1.

We cancelled a K1 (that was at the consulate stage) and filed for AOS directly, since we married on the spur of the moment. We had zero issues. You will, however, be out a lot more money and time, in your case.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

1 hour ago, debbiedoo said:

of course you can. simply cancel the k1 and inform you are going to file a CR1.

We cancelled a K1 (that was at the consulate stage) and filed for AOS directly, since we married on the spur of the moment. We had zero issues. You will, however, be out a lot more money and time, in your case.

I see , ill make sure about that 

Thank you 

Timeline

to answer the OP original question

income is the answer full and part time work as long as the income on tax return fits the citeria

but the income must be US income and you say she is in Morocco with you so she needs to return to the US and get work

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

to answer the OP original question

income is the answer full and part time work as long as the income on tax return fits the citeria

but the income must be US income and you say she is in Morocco with you so she needs to return to the US and get work

It sounds like the OP may be confused about the financial requirements, and expects his Moroccan income to be used?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.