Nockideetah

Refusal due to section 212(a)5

217 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My husband was refused for a CR1 visa due to section 212(a)5. The consular gave no explanation and told us to contact NVC. When I contacted NVC, they told me the documents are out of their jurisdiction. At this time, No one  will Give us answers. My husband and I have provided all proper documentation and we even met. I feel so lost and hopeless. 
Can someone give me directions? 

B8BD4225-B1B5-43B3-8461-F8C4B8BF9636.jpeg

2 hours ago, Nockideetah said:

My husband was refused for a CR1 visa due to section 212(a)5. The consular gave no explanation and told us to contact NVC. When I contacted NVC, they told me the documents are out of their jurisdiction. At this time, No one  will Give us answers. My husband and I have provided all proper documentation and we even met. I feel so lost and hopeless. 

Hi, I find it this information.

what is your husband job? Does he have a degree or some kind of certification in his profession? 

Labor Certification and Qualifications for Certain Immigrants – INA 212(a)(5)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/waivers.html

Foreign nationals may be inadmissible if he or she does not have a certified labor certification.

Any alien who seeks to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor is inadmissible, unless the Secretary of Labor has determined and certified to the Secretary of State and the Attorney General that there are not sufficient workers who are able, willing, qualified and available at the time of application for a visa and admission to the United States and at the place where the alien is to perform such skilled or unskilled labor, and the employment of such alien will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of workers in the United States similarly employed.

Edited by Paula&Johnny

Timeline

He has a degree in management and economy. He also has a commercial drivers license. He was currently doing daily labor teaching the street law. How does this give him a denial?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nockideetah said:

I involved my congressman. I found out today 3 others were denied for the same issue in the same country.

All from Tunisia? something is definitely wrong; find out what it is

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Nockideetah said:

It doesn't make sense that the visa was refused on those grounds since its a cr1 visa.    Perhaps the form is mis marked.  How did the interview go?

Timeline

I am trying to find out. I also don't understand and reached out to the congressman who I will hear from hopefully next week. I feel there is a mistake. The embassy told me to wait 8 weeks then call NVC

3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It doesn't make sense that the visa was refused on those grounds since its a cr1 visa.    Perhaps the form is mis marked.  How did the interview go?

I agree, why on earth is a certification needed for spousal visa?

Her husband must have confused them with something.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, NancyNguyen said:

I agree, why on earth is a certification needed for spousal visa?

Her husband must have confused them with something.

Yes; because labor certification and spousal visa have no correlation whatsoever. Unrelated question; if you discover that you missed out on a question on DS 260, what is the procedure to update? Or does one have to wait until the embassy?

1 minute ago, retheem said:

Yes; because labor certification and spousal visa have no correlation whatsoever. Unrelated question; if you discover that you missed out on a question on DS 260, what is the procedure to update? Or does one have to wait until the embassy?

You can have it corrected at interview.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

He has a degree in management and economy. He also has a commercial drivers license. He was currently doing daily labor teaching the street law. How does this give him a denial?

Timeline

He stated that he teaches street law for a private company. He tried asking questiins but they just told him to contact NVC. Afterwards, I called the embassy but they wouldn't discuss with me anything over the phone. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Nockideetah said:

He stated that he teaches street law for a private company. He tried asking questiins but they just told him to contact NVC. Afterwards, I called the embassy but they wouldn't discuss with me anything over the phone. 

Go at them with everything in your disposal- lawyer, congressman, enquire like your life depended on it. Did you fill out your application correctly?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.