Jean1967

Our case stuck at Embassy In Morocco for chat logs we don't have

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all

I applied for my husband cr1 and got refused we got reaffirmed and now our case stuck at embassy for chats logs they asking to provide them with 2011 chats logs but we didn't know we will need them .all those chats were deleted  from Facebook. 

Please help us we are married 7years now and been through alot.

We emailed embassy telling them that we don't have them but they keeping us apart 

Embassy:morocco

Cr1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you send the 2012,  2013 and 2015 chat logs they asked for and now they want new ones for 2011?

you may not have chat logs from this far back but Facebook does say "so and so have been friends since 2011"

Timeline

I should have asked "have you made many trips back since marriage?"

for Casa to ask for chats is unusual / they usually don't give them much attention

so  they must be looking to make sure you actually knew him as long as you say and perhaps that you did not marry the 1st trip

but to ask for chats of 2015 when you could prove you were with him (marriage certificate and boarding pass) is strange

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can you recover your facebook? I would think so. Seems like easiest way to get the data.

Also, while he deleted them, he may not have permanently deleted them. They might be archived.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-view-archived-mail-and-messages-in-facebook-messages-1170537

Timeline

it might be worth your time and money to take computer to a tech man who can retrieve the messages

even though deleted,  they are still in the computer's memory

even a computer that is not working,  the memory card can be taken out and read

My computer died and i took it to have my photos retrieved and put on a CD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you . Yes but this chats were on Facebook and I was using only phone. So there's no way to get them back.i feel I need hire lawyer because we are stuck in this process for years 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

it might be worth your time and money to take computer to a tech man who can retrieve the messages

even though deleted,  they are still in the computer's memory

even a computer that is not working,  the memory card can be taken out and read

My computer died and i took it to have my photos retrieved and put on a CD

OP chat logs from Facebook which stored in Facebook server. If it stored in HDD or SSD, you can recovered it easily.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jean1967 said:

Thank you . Yes but this chats were on Facebook and I was using only phone. So there's no way to get them back.i feel I need hire lawyer because we are stuck in this process for years 

Connect your phone to computer same way you do to transfer photos to a computer

and download the information

Can a lawyer force Facebook to hand them over to you? It seems odd that they are being so insistent on these specific chats. Did something significant happen that year? Has your husband previously applied for a visa of any type? Was either of you still married to someone else at the time you met? I’m wondering if they are trying to find something about how you met and the circumstances. Or if your husband applied for a visa around that time and gave conflicting information at the interview. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

https://drfone.wondershare.com/facebook/recover-deleted-facebook-messenger-messages-on-ios.html

Part 1 would apply for the husband. This should give access to the old chats. "Deleted" is never really deleted for Facebook.

Based on what you said, I'm assuming it does not apply to you because it sounds like you changed Facebook accounts. If so, that would only give you chats for the new account. You would need to gain access to the old account for this to work for you.

You can't just connect the device to a computer and get the Facebook chats. This is because:

1) The data is not accessible on iOS (without jailbreaking), and is limited access in Android.

2) The data is encrypted on both platforms. Getting access to the encryption key is a complex process (I haven't check Android recently, but for iOS it means needing to go into the keychain, which is protected by the secure enclave with a hardware lockout).

3) The amount of data cached on the device is very limited. Data from years ago that was deleted in-app would have virtually no chance of recovery.

4) If the phone was replaced, app was reinstalled, etc., since the last time the needed messages were viewed, they would not be on the device at all so there is nothing to recover.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.