callia1993

Enter USA

20 posts in this topic

Hi,  I have B1/B2 visa and my last 2 visit is five months and one month ( they only let me stay for one month) they put me in the secondary room. 

after a month I flew back to my country. 

I went there October 2019- March 2020 ( Travelling and medical check up)

and July 2020- August 2020 ( Visit relative)

The thing is I would like to go back in December for medical check up and visit my relative for 2-3 weeks until mid January.

Do you think it safe? or any advice like should I go/not? 

Too little information, what is far more relevant is what your ties to your home country are

But clearly you are already on their radar so maybe expect the same again, obviously there is a risk you are denied entry, no one here can say how big that risk is

curious as to where you are from, and why if medical care in your home country is not adequate you choose the country with the highest healthcare costs in the world for a checkup (maybe CBP thinks this was strange too) 

Based on the little information you provided, think you are taking a risk. Most times I have seen people get taken into secondary it is because something is triggering suspicion. And usually if they travel frequently afterwards they run into more problems. 

It may be time to stay put in your country for a while before coming back.

P.S. Those medical checkups you mentioned are being paid for by you, correct?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Callia1995 said:

Hi,  I have B1/B2 visa and my last 2 visit is five months and one month ( they only let me stay for one month) they put me in the secondary room. 

after a month I flew back to my country. 

I went there October 2019- March 2020 ( Travelling and medical check up)

and July 2020- August 2020 ( Visit relative)

The thing is I would like to go back in December for medical check up and visit my relative for 2-3 weeks until mid January.

Do you think it safe? or any advice like should I go/not? 

You seem to be spending a lot of time in the US........and CBP has already made note of your frequency.  Looks risky, imo.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Hi, so I have a B1/B2 visa now and its valid for 5 years. I went to US last month and they put me on secondary interview room. And the reason I think because I was there for 5 months before and I was planning to stay another 5 months. I know its suspicious like they think I work there or something. But the truth is I’m not. I just visit US to visit my family and chill there , do road trip etc. I also get full sponsor from my fam in my country. So last time they only give me ONE month to stay. And after one month exactly I flew to my country. So basically I dont break any rules. My questions is : I have plan to go on December to spend Christmas and New Year there for about 4 weeks. But Im scared if they dont let me in. Do you guys have any advice? Like should I go or not? Or if I go what should I prepare? The thing is I don’t want to get deny or deport or anyhing bad. I just simply wanna go there for holiday and do medical check up. and yes I pay for it .Thanks.

Edited by Callia1995

You didn’t answer any of the questions asked here, just rephrased your first post from another post that you clearly posted somewhere else and copied here. (Except now 2-3 weeks becomes 4 weeks.)

However you inadvertently told us you have no real ties to home, planning two 5 months trips within a short time, even if CBP axed that idea for you last time.

No ties + too frequent visits probably = no entry.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Callia1995 said:

So basically I dont break any rules.

Irrelevant........If the CBP officer thinks you are visiting too frequently, he/she can deny your entry.  

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

okay sorry for that, I copied and paste it because I posted it on reddit already. So about the time I'm not sure yet since I haven't bought any ticket.

During my five months visit I found a lump in my body, that's why I did check up over there. So I'm thinking to spend Christmas and New Year in US and do another check up. And yes I pay for it. I just want to know the safest time to go there? If December too risky I will not go there. And yes I have proof strong ties to my country, but still I'm not sure it helps if they already have intention to deny me T.T

bank statements (my dad's company routine send my pay check every month), that's where I get sponsor from, maybe because of that I can get employment letter from my dad's company? And my brother is in the US studying under F-1, I live together with him when I'm in US.

I pay 3 kind of insurance ( Health, Death and House) in my country. I rent studio apartment too (contract for 2 years) pay every month automatically from my credit card. my parents lives here. do you think that's enough? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, callia1993 said:

bank statements (my dad's company routine send my pay check every month), that's where I get sponsor from, maybe because of that I can get employment letter from my dad's company? And my brother is in the US studying under F-1, I live together with him when I'm in US.

You get paid every month?  Are working when inside the US?

Edited by Lucky Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Like others already said...It's already starting to look risky if you decide to travel this year again. Next time they may not allow you in and cancel your tourist visa. If I were you I would leave the trip for 2021. As for your medical check-up you can do it in your home country I would guess. Which country are you from?

I will tell you what happened to me back in January. I am Canadian, Nexus member. I went to USA for Christmas ( 5 days), went back to Canada, then again went back January 9-12... to see my in laws... Customs kind of gave me hard times... I have job, house here in Canada, but they told me u are coming too often! So i havent been to USA since then, especially that i have k1 pending.  Be careful 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.