bandito

Filing I-765 and I-131 concurrently with I-485

13 posts in this topic

When filing concurrently do I still need to include 'supporting evidence' for the I-765 and I-131 such as marriage certificate, I-94, photocopies of passport etc, or will having that evidence included with the I-485 in the same application suffice? If not, will photocopies of my marrige certificate suffice as I only have 2 certified copies of it? Thank you in advance! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes, you will need separate supporting evidence for each the I-485, I-765, and i-131. They are 3 separate forms—just being mailed in together. The directions state photocopies for everything unless otherwise stated. Just make sure you have the originals for everything when it comes time to your interview.

Just now, Jsg2016 said:

Yes, you will need separate supporting evidence for each the I-485, I-765, and i-131. They are 3 separate forms—just being mailed in together. The directions state photocopies for everything unless otherwise stated. Just make sure you have the originals for everything when it comes time to your interview.

Thank you! Should I have a seperate E-notification form for each of these as well?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bandito said:

Also will I need a seperate G-1145 E-notification form for each form being filed?

Yes 3 different G-1145 forms. Again , 3 separate forms being filed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, bandito said:

When filing concurrently do I still need to include 'supporting evidence' for the I-765 and I-131 such as marriage certificate, I-94, photocopies of passport etc, or will having that evidence included with the I-485 in the same application suffice? If not, will photocopies of my marrige certificate suffice as I only have 2 certified copies of it? Thank you in advance! :)

I disagree with part of your other replies.

• Yes to three separate applications, each with the evidence their instructions say is required for that specific application. Three applications traveling together in one envelope. All evidence should be photocopies, but the marriage certificate is not part of the I-131 or I-765 evidence. Read the form instructions. 
  • No to three G-1145. Your submission is arriving in one envelope. One G-1145 will let you know that envelope arrived at USCIS. 

Separate the three applications with clips. Add one check for $1225, and one G-1145 to the top of the stack. (That fee is actually going to be reduced to $1215 on October 2 when most of the fees increase.)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I disagree with part of your other replies.

• Yes to three separate applications, each with the evidence their instructions say is required for that specific application. Three applications traveling together in one envelope. All evidence should be photocopies, but the marriage certificate is not part of the I-131 or I-765 evidence. Read the form instructions. 
  • No to three G-1145. Your submission is arriving in one envelope. One G-1145 will let you know that envelope arrived at USCIS. 

Separate the three applications with clips. Add one check for $1225, and one G-1145 to the top of the stack. (That fee is actually going to be reduced to $1215 on October 2 when most of the fees increase.)

That's correct. The G-1145 explicitly says to put it on top of the application package and you will get a text for every form in the package.

About the fees, unfortunately, even though the AOS fee is gonna be reduced, the total fees are going to be higher than 2k, because of the fee of 765 and 131 that won't be waived anymore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Just now, Ayrton said:

About the fees, unfortunately, even though the AOS fee is gonna be reduced, the total fees are going to be higher than 2k, because of the fee of 765 and 131 that won't be waived anymore.

Ah...I didn’t see that in the list I was reading. 👍

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Yeah, the new fees from Oct. 2nd are:

• Form I-485 ($1,130.00
  • Form I-130 ($550.00 online filers; $560.00 paper filers)
  • Biometric Services ($30.00)
  • Form I-765  ($550.00)
  • Form I-131  ($590.00)

concurrent filing Form I-765 and I-131 with a pending Form I-485 will no longer be free of charge so it is more expensive. If you file 130 online though, you can save $10. https://www.sweetbeginningusa.com/2020/06/are-uscis-fees-going-up.html

10 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

(That fee is actually going to be reduced to $1215 on October 2 when most of the fees increase.)

Very incorrect. On October 2 there won't be separate biometric fee for I-485: https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-16389.pdf "Although DHS eliminates the separate biometrics service fee of $85 for many application types in this final rule, it establishes fees for most forms to reflect the estimated full cost of adjudication, including the cost of biometric services that are typically associated with that form. Thus, DHS will continue to recover the cost of providing biometric services, but it will do so by adjusting form fees to reflect the total cost of an adjudication, including providing biometric services. DHS will not forego any revenue associated with the biometric services fee because of this change."

Thus the new totals depend on the following;

• Filing for I-485, I-765, and I-131 new total fee: $2270. ($1045 more expensive than right now)
  • Filing for I-485 and I-765 new total fee: $1680. ($455 more expensive than right now)
  • Filing for I-485 and I-131 new total fee: $1720. ($495 more expensive than right now)
  • Filing only I-485 new total fee: $1130. (It's actually cheaper than right now by $95)

Those that file I-485 with $1225 fee before October 2 still get free renewals per "Table 4: Filing Fee Exemptions"

Look at following part of I-131 row: "Applicants who filed USCIS Form I-485 on or after July  30, 2007, and before [INSERT EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE FINAL RULE] and paid the Form I-485 fee"

Look at following part of I-765 row: "An applicant who filed USCIS Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007 and before [INSERT EFFECTIVE DATE OF 2018/2019 FEE RULE] and paid the Form I-485 filing fee."

Edited by HRQX

Timeline

@Wuozopo is absolutely correct when disagreeing with part of my reply. My apologies @bandito, I should have been more specific with my reply to your question of  "such as marriage certificate, I-94, photocopies of passport etc," -- Supporting evidence is stated in each form's instructions. So, the only form needing the marriage certificate is form I-485. 

Here is a list of each supporting document you need for each form. (notice you will be sending some of the same evidence for all 3 of the different forms)

****Please note that the I-944 is no longer needed****

I think they are working on a moderator editing the original post from the August 2020- AOS filers thread to not include I-944 in the AOS checklist. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Only send photocopies unless specifically asked for originals or certified copies. Keep the certified copies for your own records, and bring one to the interview. 

I sent a photocopy of my marriage certificate with all three applications as back then (2016-2017) several people had issues with the EAD and AP being issued in the maiden name despite that they filed the petitions in their married name. The petitions are split up once they have been received and entered into their system, so whatever evidence sent with the I-485 isn't guaranteed to be matched with the other two. So photocopy of marriage certificate in case of name change, making a couple of extra copies on your copy machine will only cost you two papers and a little ink.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jsg2016 said:

@Wuozopo is absolutely correct when disagreeing with part of my reply. My apologies @bandito, I should have been more specific with my reply to your question of  "such as marriage certificate, I-94, photocopies of passport etc," -- Supporting evidence is stated in each form's instructions. So, the only form needing the marriage certificate is form I-485. 

Here is a list of each supporting document you need for each form. (notice you will be sending some of the same evidence for all 3 of the different forms)

****Please note that the I-944 is no longer needed****

I think they are working on a moderator editing the original post from the August 2020- AOS filers thread to not include I-944 in the AOS checklist. 

If you changed your name after the marriage, you must send the marriage certificate with the 765 and 131. Your marriage certificate is the name change document.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.