MadamEspazien

???? Qualifications for CR-1 (merged topics)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Troy B said:

The list of what is considered valid for a visa from Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country for Haiti

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 8.17.50 AM.png

Thank you! This is helpful. I was searching and couldn't find it. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Justus Forever said:

and the average 5-60 days don't happen like my husband says this is haiti

Tell me about it. I thought we were doing good even getting our civil certificate so fast. 🤦‍♀️ 

Do you... and anyone else on this thread suggest I still submit what I have gathered while we wait on the Archival copy to get things going? Or better to wait until we have it in hand to submit and pay the fee? 

Timeline

i think you should still file because you don't know how long the process will be and with things changing with the months. still send what you have you can always upload it once you get your sign on for uscis. it's no way in telling how long the service centers are moving some i see who file on line getting approved in months where i mailed my in and it actually took me 9 months to be approve. so it's really a judgement call on you if it was me i would still submit it. i really strongly suggest right now to get on getting the cert from national archive have your husband or you contact them to see if they are open like i said 2 weeks ago it was not open

40 minutes ago, MadamEspazien said:

Tell me about it. I thought we were doing good even getting our civil certificate so fast. 🤦‍♀️ 

Do you... and anyone else on this thread suggest I still submit what I have gathered while we wait on the Archival copy to get things going? Or better to wait until we have it in hand to submit and pay the fee? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, MadamEspazien said:

Thank you! Yes I am aware. We have 2 joint sponsors who are going to do Affidavit's for us. And a job lined up for my husband once he arrives. I also have miscellaneous work but am not an employee, thus don't file taxes, because I travel too much and am in Haiti 2/3 of the time. 

Hi I just want to point out make sure you write a letter explaining why you weren't required to file taxes the previous 3 years with your I-864.

If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax law because your income was too low, attach a typed or printed explanation. If you were not required to le a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax law for any other reason, attach a typed or printed explanation including evidence of the exemption and how you are subject to it. Residence outside of the United States does not exempt U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents from ling a U.S. Federal income tax return. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Hi I just want to point out make sure you write a letter explaining why you weren't required to file taxes the previous 3 years with your I-864.

If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax law because your income was too low, attach a typed or printed explanation. If you were not required to le a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax law for any other reason, attach a typed or printed explanation including evidence of the exemption and how you are subject to it. Residence outside of the United States does not exempt U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents from ling a U.S. Federal income tax return. 

Will do. We won't be at that point for a bit since the Affidavit form is submitted later with the NVC phase. But I'm trying to think of everything ahead of time, so thank you. Do you happen to have a link to an example letter with explanation and evidence of exemption? It's helpful for me to see the layout and wording others have used. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Justus Forever said:

i think you should still file because you don't know how long the process will be and with things changing with the months. still send what you have you can always upload it once you get your sign on for uscis. it's no way in telling how long the service centers are moving some i see who file on line getting approved in months where i mailed my in and it actually took me 9 months to be approve. so it's really a judgement call on you if it was me i would still submit it. i really strongly suggest right now to get on getting the cert from national archive have your husband or you contact them to see if they are open like i said 2 weeks ago it was not open

Yes, thank you for that. I called my husband and he is going to talk to the registrar who married us to make sure he's sent our papers to the Archives. After that he thinks he can check at the bank to see if it is available yet. 

Ok. I think I will go ahead and file, while I have things together and am stateside with good wifi for uploading everything. Because I'll be heading back to Haiti in a few weeks, so it will be nice to get it out of the way. 

Another question, if later on I have additional evidence to submit do I have to wait for a request for more documents first? We are planning to buy a moto together soon, and I think that would be a good addition if we put both of our names on the title. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

Ok I found one on the Citizen Path website!

Sample paper of no income.pdf

Timeline
57 minutes ago, MadamEspazien said:

Yes, thank you for that. I called my husband and he is going to talk to the registrar who married us to make sure he's sent our papers to the Archives. After that he thinks he can check at the bank to see if it is available yet. 

Ok. I think I will go ahead and file, while I have things together and am stateside with good wifi for uploading everything. Because I'll be heading back to Haiti in a few weeks, so it will be nice to get it out of the way. 

Another question, if later on I have additional evidence to submit do I have to wait for a request for more documents first? We are planning to buy a moto together soon, and I think that would be a good addition if we put both of our names on the title. 

yes i agree with doing it now and you will be able to upload documents you will just label them as marriage  cert archive you know something like that or more wedding photos. just as long as you name what you are sending. once you get your NOA1 thats just letting you know your service center that will be looking at your case and a access code to register online with uscis and you will see and call follow your documents. to be honest because i live here and my husband is there the only receipts i sent was the guest house, ring stuff like that because they know we wouldn't have anything together and as for the tax stuff you are a long way from even needing that it will take until next year from 5-12 months before you will need it maybe things will change by then for you. i just sy that so you don't stress. you can also message me if you like for more info being i just got approved i can help with a little something

Timeline
7 hours ago, Justus Forever said:

yes i agree with doing it now and you will be able to upload documents you will just label them as marriage  cert archive you know something like that or more wedding photos. just as long as you name what you are sending. once you get your NOA1 thats just letting you know your service center that will be looking at your case and a access code to register online with uscis and you will see and call follow your documents. to be honest because i live here and my husband is there the only receipts i sent was the guest house, ring stuff like that because they know we wouldn't have anything together and as for the tax stuff you are a long way from even needing that it will take until next year from 5-12 months before you will need it maybe things will change by then for you. i just sy that so you don't stress. you can also message me if you like for more info being i just got approved i can help with a little something

Good to know. And thank you again for the info and advice. 🙂

Did you file online or in the mail? I'm wondering if everything works the same either way and if the timelines are the same for both.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, MadamEspazien said:

Good to know. And thank you again for the info and advice. 🙂

Did you file online or in the mail? I'm wondering if everything works the same either way and if the timelines are the same for both.

All cases are now IOE's so if you do mail it, it gets scanned, then continues like an online version.  So you waste time in mailing and them scanning,  but you gain freedom in being able to write "current" and non-USA phone numbers.   I intending on filing online.

Timeline

Just found out this morning, (2 days from submitting our I-130!) our civil marriage certificate won't be sent to the archives until next April. The registrar said even if he were to send it now for us they would send it back to him because they only accept them once a year. So disappointed!! Is there anything we can do? Wouldn't submitting now be a waste and by next year all our paperwork will be old?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You are likely to have more luck in finding an answer to this in the regional group here

Though having said that,  the USCIS usually takes 7+ months to look at a petition.  And if you get an RFE, you usually have 30-45 days to respond to it.

None of the documents you send to USCIS should expire.   The USCIS stage is about verifying the petitioner and establishing your relationship with the beneficiary.

• Ryan H changed the title to ???? Qualifications for CR-1 (merged topics)
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Similar topics merged and merged thread moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
7 hours ago, Troy B said:

You are likely to have more luck in finding an answer to this in the regional group here

Though having said that,  the USCIS usually takes 7+ months to look at a petition.  And if you get an RFE, you usually have 30-45 days to respond to it.

None of the documents you send to USCIS should expire.   The USCIS stage is about verifying the petitioner and establishing your relationship with the beneficiary.

Oh didn't see the regional group, thanks for the link! I'm new to this sight as well as the visa world. Ok I was worried about submitting and getting the RFE after a while then not having the paper in time and having to resubmit, pay again, etc. Haiti can be very slow. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.