MadamEspazien

???? Qualifications for CR-1 (merged topics)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello. My husband and I just got married in Haiti last month (civil registrar). We have been collecting supporting evidence for a while now to file the I-130. I plan to send off the packet next week if I can get everything together in time. We have legal marriage licence in hand but haven't physically lived together yet. For financial reasons as he can't support us both for me to remain in Haiti just yet. Will that cause a problem since I won't be able to give evidence of living as a married couple? 

Timeline

Anyone have specific advice for filing CR-1/IR-1 for spouse from Haiti?? I know we have several unique hurdles to jump here. For example: No house addresses in his home town, no receipts given for most of our purchases together, no mail service there, discrepancies of name spellings and birth dates on legal forms, etc.   😬

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congratulations! You don't have to live together and frankly most people don't in international relationships. Make sure you provide other information in your packet though; photos with him and his family, your passport stamps to and from Haiti, any hotel reservations, airline tickets etc. You can both create wills online (pending you both want to ) to submit as proof of relationship as well. Also regarding the financial piece just wanted to make sure you are aware that you need to show the finances to support him in the US. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
28 minutes ago, MadamEspazien said:

Anyone have specific advice for filing CR-1/IR-1 for spouse from Haiti?? I know we have several unique hurdles to jump here. For example: No house addresses in his home town, no receipts given for most of our purchases together, no mail service there, discrepancies of name spellings and birth dates on legal forms, etc.   😬

Where does he live in Haiti? If you want to send me a private message feel free. He may not have a street number but you can use a street or a route as his address. Like if he lives off a main road to Petitionville you may write "Route de Petitionville". Also- does your husband have an address on his national ID card? The embassy will never send him any mail so you don't have to worry about that part. You don't need to show receipts ; those don't prove much; you really need to show YOUR passport stamps, boarding tickets and if you have any hotel receipts that would help too.

For our K1 We submitted photos of us at various places in Haiti over the multiple times I visited; some with his family, when my mom visited, others at places such as the Citedal, Fort Jacques, Bassin Blu, etc (a variety). We did have a receipt for the ring that we submitted, my passport stamps and boarding tickets, my phone bill with his phone # highlighted (omg there were so many pages lol), hotel receipts (it was usually only 1-3 nights in a hotel each trip otherwise stayed at the place he lived)

As far as name discrepancies can you be more specific? Does his passport and birth certification match? My husband's last name has a different spelling than his fathers but he never changed it and is the only one in the household with that last name. Never caused an issue for us; but then again his name was spelt the same on all his legal documents; just does not match his family. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
18 hours ago, MadamEspazien said:

Hello. My husband and I just got married in Haiti last month (civil registrar). We have been collecting supporting evidence for a while now to file the I-130. I plan to send off the packet next week if I can get everything together in time. We have legal marriage licence in hand but haven't physically lived together yet. For financial reasons as he can't support us both for me to remain in Haiti just yet. Will that cause a problem since I won't be able to give evidence of living as a married couple? 

Good Morning, congrats on your marriage how did you get your certificate (marriage) so fast? I thought the national archive is closed. i agree you don't have to live together i got married in 2018 but i had to show proof of my passport stamps airplane receipts pictures. I am here to help as well as others for me just ask me questions compared to me writing a book lol. I asked about your marriage cert because i don't want what happen to me happen to you.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Congratulations! You don't have to live together and frankly most people don't in international relationships. Make sure you provide other information in your packet though; photos with him and his family, your passport stamps to and from Haiti, any hotel reservations, airline tickets etc. You can both create wills online (pending you both want to ) to submit as proof of relationship as well. Also regarding the financial piece just wanted to make sure you are aware that you need to show the finances to support him in the US. 

@Luckycuds how would i do the will online i would like to do that do you have a site i can go to Thank you

Timeline
17 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Thank you! Yes I am aware. We have 2 joint sponsors who are going to do Affidavit's for us. And a job lined up for my husband once he arrives. I also have miscellaneous work but am not an employee, thus don't file taxes, because I travel too much and am in Haiti 2/3 of the time. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Justus Forever said:

Good Morning, congrats on your marriage how did you get your certificate (marriage) so fast? I thought the national archive is closed. i agree you don't have to live together i got married in 2018 but i had to show proof of my passport stamps airplane receipts pictures. I am here to help as well as others for me just ask me questions compared to me writing a book lol. I asked about your marriage cert because i don't want what happen to me happen to you.

Hello. We did our blood testing at a hospital in Hinche, then took the results to an official who give us a slip of paper saying we completed it. Then we talked to the registrar of our city and he scheduled a ceremony for us the following week. We did our vows, had 4 witnesses sign with us, and he stamped the official seal, then we had the certificate translated on a certified website. Is there another paper we need from the archive as far as marriage certificate goes? 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, MadamEspazien said:

Hello. We did our blood testing at a hospital in Hinche, then took the results to an official who give us a slip of paper saying we completed it. Then we talked to the registrar of our city and he scheduled a ceremony for us the following week. We did our vows, had 4 witnesses sign with us, and he stamped the official seal, then we had the certificate translated on a certified website. Is there another paper we need from the archive as far as marriage certificate goes? 

yes do not send that i sent that back in jan 2019 got and rfe sent another report saying my cert was obtain i had to refile in oct 2019 because even though we paid to have our cert in 2018 fast we didn't get it until september 2019. so what you have they will not accept you have to go to the national archive and request for attestant(not correct spelling but i will get it for you) and you need to do it fast the only thing national archive is not open(as of 2 weeks ago) all these places are in port au prince. It is a blue and white long certificate.

Timeline

@MadamEspazien this is what you need to get from the national archives Acte de Marriage (civil) Extrait de Marriage Civil. Contact the person that married you to see if they sent to paperwork you have he will have a copy too make sure he sent it in to the national archive. the book only come out once a year but if you know someone that could help you get it faster would be great and stay on them to make sure it was sent. what i mean about the book is the big book for all of haiti that register everything. you can still send your paper work in to get it started this way it's not a longer wait. You should be able to get the certificate before they will get to your I-130 unless their just moving fast

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Justus Forever said:

@MadamEspazien this is what you need to get from the national archives Acte de Marriage (civil) Extrait de Marriage Civil. Contact the person that married you to see if they sent to paperwork you have he will have a copy too make sure he sent it in to the national archive. the book only come out once a year but if you know someone that could help you get it faster would be great and stay on them to make sure it was sent. what i mean about the book is the big book for all of haiti that register everything. you can still send your paper work in to get it started this way it's not a longer wait. You should be able to get the certificate before they will get to your I-130 unless their just moving fast

Ok I will look into this. I think we can request the Archive at the local Soge bank, when it is created. I talked to several people who told me the archive copy isn't needed, I also couldn't find that it was required on the embassy website so I thought we were good to just send our civil copy. My husband just got his archival birth certificate last year from them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MadamEspazien said:

Ok I will look into this. I think we can request the Archive at the local Soge bank, when it is created. I talked to several people who told me the archive copy isn't needed, I also couldn't find that it was required on the embassy website so I thought we were good to just send our civil copy. My husband just got his archival birth certificate last year from them. 

The list of what is considered valid for a visa from Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country for Haiti

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 8.17.50 AM.png

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MadamEspazien said:

i thought my paper was good to and i got the rfe and after getting that and refiling my husband was approved last month with no rfe this time. it is under the haiti us emabassy what you will need and yes its the same place for the birth certs. i told my friend she sent in the same thing and she got an rfe but she was already prepared because i told her she needed her cert from the archive. she was lucky becaues they were married for 5 years so of course hers was already on file. i think you can from the bank my husband just went there

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Troy B said:

The list of what is considered valid for a visa from Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country for Haiti

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 8.17.50 AM.png

i was about to get that for her thank you because thats where i got the correct spelling of the acte de marriage lol Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.