whirlpool

Denver N400 filers

252 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, whirlpool said:

Are you in denver as well?

Do you know what should we bring to an interview? Do we need to bring passport photos?

As far as I know you don’t need to bring photos because they already have your photo through biometrics. You have to bring your green card, tax returns (past three years if your GC was via marriage, five years if it wasn’t through marriage), all your passports old and new, your photo ID/driver’s license, and I think you need to bring your marriage certificate and your children’s birth certificates as well if those apply to you. Can’t recall what else but the N-400 instructions page should tell you what to bring depending on your situation. 

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Rescheduling Biometric Services Appointments by Phone

Release Date 
05/11/2021

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that applicants, petitioners, requestors and beneficiaries may now call the USCIS Contact Center (800-375-5283) to reschedule their biometric services appointments scheduled at a USCIS Application Support Center. Previously, applicants had to submit requests in writing to reschedule their biometrics appointments. This change helps eliminate undue paperwork and allows USCIS to track the request through a more efficient process.  

Applicants must establish good cause for rescheduling and must call before the date and time of their original appointment to reschedule. If an applicant fails to call before the scheduled appointment or fails to establish good cause, USCIS may consider the application, petition, or request abandoned and, as a result, it may be denied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, whirlpool said:

Are you in denver as well?

Do you know what should we bring to an interview? Do we need to bring passport photos?

Yes, I had my appointment in Denver.  They only looked at my green card, even though I had all my passports with me as well.  No photos necessary.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, humming bird said:

Hi there, I read the complete thread. Thank you so much for sharing all your experiences. It is super helpful. I am going to apply soon. Marriage based. Collecting the docs. Anyone else  applying in coming days? 😄

I want to change my last name and take my husbands name in front of the judge in oath ceremony.  I read about it in different old threads. If anyone has done last  name change recently could you please give some info. Is it going to delay the process? Contemplating. Thanks in advance! 

• 4 weeks later...

I got scheduled for the interview today but I’m still waiting for the actual date to get here in the mail. 

EECA6399-6AF0-45DD-8A3E-83012B439A97.jpeg

Edit: the interview is on August 17th. 

Edited by EternalForeigner

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, EternalForeigner said:

I got scheduled for the interview today but I’m still waiting for the actual date to get here in the mail. 

EECA6399-6AF0-45DD-8A3E-83012B439A97.jpeg

Edit: the interview is on August 17th. 

Congratulations! Best of luck with your interview!

• 1 month later...

N-400 PROCESS:

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, EternalForeigner said:

Congrats!

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Any updates anybody from Denver?  Still waiting for approval after my interview.  Already 120 days have passed, I contacted Senator Bennet and they are checking on my case.  It seems Denver has gotten very slow...

2 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Any updates anybody from Denver?  Still waiting for approval after my interview.  Already 120 days have passed, I contacted Senator Bennet and they are checking on my case.  It seems Denver has gotten very slow...

I think I'm the last person in Denver to report on their case. You can check my post above (it's in another thread).

N-400 PROCESS:

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Timeline
19 minutes ago, EternalForeigner said:

I think I'm the last person in Denver to report on their case. You can check my post above (it's in another thread).

Wow, your case went relatively fast, Congratulations!!

2 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Wow, your case went relatively fast, Congratulations!!

Thanks! I was pretty fortunate indeed. I applied for a passport on the same day but it’s still in process. So let’s see how long that takes. 

N-400 PROCESS:

PASSPORT PROCESS:

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all! Not sure if folks in this thread will know, but I figured I'd asked before posting a new topic in the bigger channel. We received my wife's letter for the N400 interview in Denver and in it, it states the following is needed as proof of citizenship of spouse: "Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship." I got my citizenship through my parents before I turned 18 and only have my passport as proof. Will this be problematic? I've read that this isn't always checked at the interview and was wondering if anyone knew whether that is true or if you have experience with just using spousal US passport. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 5:30 PM, elle.and.elle said:

Hi all! Not sure if folks in this thread will know, but I figured I'd asked before posting a new topic in the bigger channel. We received my wife's letter for the N400 interview in Denver and in it, it states the following is needed as proof of citizenship of spouse: "Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship." I got my citizenship through my parents before I turned 18 and only have my passport as proof. Will this be problematic? I've read that this isn't always checked at the interview and was wondering if anyone knew whether that is true or if you have experience with just using spousal US passport. Thanks in advance!

Hello Denver Fillers,

I applied online May 14th 2021 based on 5 yr residency, biometric was completed on 09/09/2021 and since then, it says my case is being actively reviewed by USCIS, any idea on when to expect my interview please? Case is being processed at the NBC in Kansas. Thanks and stay blessed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.