TNguyen501

Question about brother/sister immigration

13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So I apply I130 for my brother and sister. USCIS approve it and stated it will send to the NVC. Few days later I got a notice from NVC with Case number and Invoice number to go online and pay  and start on the D260. My question is I though since it this is for brother and sister it will be a long wait like 10 yrs. How come the NVC already sending me the case number and invoice number for payment. Do I just pay and complete the D260 and wait for 10 yrs? Or is this the next step and once done they will have the interview?

When did you apply for them and when did you recieve the notice?

But to answer your question, yes, the process will take more than 10 years. In fact, it will likely be closer to 15 years. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

*** Thread moved to Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America section of the forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

When did you apply for them and when did you recieve the notice?

But to answer your question, yes, the process will take more than 10 years. In fact, it will likely be closer to 15 years. 

Just 8 months ago..

2 minutes ago, TNguyen501 said:

Just 8 months ago..

OK, yes you still have years to go. The sibling categorie has not changed as far as processing times. In fact, it keeps getting longer.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

OK, yes you still have years to go. The sibling categorie has not changed as far as processing times. In fact, it keeps getting longer.

Ok thank. I don’t know the process though I have to wait 10 yrs or more before I hear anything from the NVC. Anyway they already assign a case number and invoice to pay fee and complete the D260 form.

34 minutes ago, TNguyen501 said:

Ok thank. I don’t know the process though I have to wait 10 yrs or more before I hear anything from the NVC. Anyway they already assign a case number and invoice to pay fee and complete the D260 form.

Hm, this doesn’t sound right to me, I think you are only supposed to get these when “dates for filing” is current in the visa bulletin. Can you confirm that the approval notice is for F4 sibling visa? What is the priority date on there?

1 hour ago, TNguyen501 said:

So I apply I130 for my brother and sister. USCIS approve it and stated it will send to the NVC. Few days later I got a notice from NVC with Case number and Invoice number to go online and pay  and start on the D260. My question is I though since it this is for brother and sister it will be a long wait like 10 yrs. How come the NVC already sending me the case number and invoice number for payment. Do I just pay and complete the D260 and wait for 10 yrs? Or is this the next step and once done they will have the interview?

That almost impossible  F4 category dates are  08Feb2006 inorder to qualify for a visa.  Some sort of issue with the app. Are you sure its F4 ?

duh

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Hm, this doesn’t sound right to me, I think you are only supposed to get these when “dates for filing” is current in the visa bulletin. Can you confirm that the approval notice is for F4 sibling visa? What is the priority date on there?

Yea I was thinking I would have to wait 10 or more yrs before hearing anything from NVC. I just file I30 about 8 or so months ago. Just a few days ago I got an email from USCIS said case approved and few days later follow by NVC email with case number and invoice number. I130 submitted Nov 2019 for Sister/brother of US citizen in their 30-40s.

25 minutes ago, TNguyen501 said:

Yea I was thinking I would have to wait 10 or more yrs before hearing anything from NVC. I just file I30 about 8 or so months ago. Just a few days ago I got an email from USCIS said case approved and few days later follow by NVC email with case number and invoice number. I130 submitted Nov 2019 for Sister/brother of US citizen in their 30-40s.

I know what you said you submitted. Sibling age is irrelevant. Can you confirm that the approval notice lists F4 as the category?

Timeline

Finally able to log onto the CEAC site. There is message said I will have to wait and they will notify when rdy for next steps. I guess the NVC will assign you a case number and everything but you still have to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

More like 20 plus years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.