ytw95

Visiting US LPR Husband under ESTA Whilst I130 is Under Review

49 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

I didnt know they are revoking ESTA's. I travelled with nil concerns from UK to US in early June with ESTA. All that was outside the norm was the airline calling to see if I was eligible to fly beforehand. Also, I was unable to check in online and had to in person.

They singled everyone out from the check in line (American Airlines at London Heathrow Airport) who had to provide documentation for their eligibility to a Homeland security personnel (non US citizens etc). I just showed them my marriage certificate and a copy of my husband's passport. He made a call to confirm and let me carry on. The rest of the journey was smooth. No one asked me any further about my right to travel. I only had issues with the fingerprint system during immigration check on landing... I think the officer was too busy trying to get it to work to even stamp my passport. He barely asked much questions aside from the basic why I'm there. I was happy to share that I was in the middle of the CR1 process. I don't think there's any reason to hide it and I have enough ties to my home country.

Good to know that you can contact ESTA services in an emergency.

Same. Pretty much same situation. I think me trying to check in online caused some sort of drama with ESTA. But i got it sorted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Hey guys today I just completed the first leg of my journey on ESTA : London Heathrow - JFK , whole process was so smooth, check in was easy, I didn’t check in online, went to the Delta desk and told them I was visiting my LPR husband on ESTA, I showed them the marriage certificate, his green card and passport copies, then they called someone at homeland security to confirm if it’s okay for me to fly, which was a yes. Flight was very empty, about 15 passengers altogether I think.

Got to JFK, right off the airplane there were crew there to take everyone’s temperature then headed off to custom & immigration, got asked some basic questions such as what’s the purpose of my visit, how long is my visit and few questions about my husband and how we met and how long we were married; then he took me to someone to get stamped cos I was travelling from a travel ban country and on esta, and then I was free to go. 

im currently waiting for my connecting flight as I’m writing this, im genuinely surprised how smooth everything went and how helpful all the staff were.

Long story short, if you’re exempt from the travel ban as the proclamation states, you can travel with esta, cos I I just did and it wasn’t troublesome, I was so worried beforehand so now I’m extremely relieved ☺️   

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ariaren said:

What is RCLG? Because I’m flying with KLM

Regional Carrier Liaison Groups (RCLG) have been created by CBP to assist carriers with questions regarding U.S. entry related matters, with a primary focus on assisting overseas carriers to determine the authenticity of travel documents. The RCLG will respond to carrier inquiries concerning the validity of travel documents presented
or admissibility of travelers. Once a determination is made on validity of documents or admissibility, the RCLG will make a RECOMMENDATION whether to board the passenger or to deny boarding. The final decision to board or not board lies with the carrier. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.