12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

I (Syed Amir Hassan) US Citizen filed I-130 petition last week (July 07, 2020) for my wife who is residing in Pakistan. My Check got cashed today which means they received my application. I'm wondering how long will take to get a US visa for my wife under current scenarios of COVID-19? Also, My wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first baby in October 2020. Do anyone of you have any idea how I'm going to apply visa for my new born or he/she will automatically get US citizenship as I'm a US citizen? Please let me know your thoughts folks.. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Syed Amir Hassan said:

Hi All,

I (Syed Amir Hassan) US Citizen filed I-130 petition last week (July 07, 2020) for my wife who is residing in Pakistan. My Check got cashed today which means they received my application. I'm wondering how long will take to get a US visa for my wife under current scenarios of COVID-19? Also, My wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first baby in October 2020. Do anyone of you have any idea how I'm going to apply visa for my new born or he/she will automatically get US citizenship as I'm a US citizen? Please let me know your thoughts folks.. Thank you!

You need to meet the requirements to pass down citizenship to your child. https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-parents
Expect your wife And child to be here in 1.5-2 years minimum. 

please create your VJ profile and timeline so you can get more accurate responses in the future 🙂

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Assuming the child is a USC no visa needed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would go to the U.S. Embassy website closest to your wife and it will tell you what do if you are a U.S. Citizen and have a child born there. I had to do the same thing in another country.  It's called a CRBA, Reporting a birth abroad. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks Evie for the info!

can you please tell me about CRBA in more detail like how long it took for your child to come here in US and what documentation they asked you for that? Your response will be highly appreciated.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, Syed Amir Hassan said:

Thanks Evie for the info!

can you please tell me about CRBA in more detail like how long it took for your child to come here in US and what documentation they asked you for that? Your response will be highly appreciated.

To pass US citizenship to your child, you need to have lived in the US for at least 5 years.

How long have you lived in the US?  

Tax returns and school records showing you lived in the US for at least 5 years are the best documents.  

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Syed Amir Hassan said:

Yes, I lived in the US for at least 5 years and have my tax returns filed for all previous 5 years. 

So Google, Consular Report of Birth Abroad and look at the Islamabad Embassy's website for their procedures in applying for the CRBA and US Passport for your child.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

If your child is born in Pakistan, and you are able to transmit citizenship to your child via the CRBA process, then your child will be a dual citizen (Pakistan has birthright citizenship, and also through the mother if she is Pakistani)

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It was a lot of items you had to show proof of. Your website will let you know. With COVID it took longer because the embassy was closed. But it shoukd have taken around a month to get the appt. At the appt since I applied for an emergency passport for him and I had everything they needed they granted his Passport that same day and his Report Abroad Certificate came in the mail about 2 months after. We got to come to the U.S. right away..

22 hours ago, ProbeGT said:

If your child is born in Pakistan, and you are able to transmit citizenship to your child via the CRBA process, then your child will be a dual citizen (Pakistan has birthright citizenship, and also through the mother if she is Pakistani)

You may need to get a NICOP made for your child so you can exit Pakistan.  You can show the NICOP along with the child's US passport when leaving Pakistan.  Since you are already at NADRA, you should make an FRC as well.  It may be useful later as another proof of marriage/family ties.

Edited by ProbeGT
Pk docs.

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.