Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, KD-Fletcher said:

Nope. DQ since Sept 2020. Attempted Expedite around April/May 2021, which was denied and we were basically advised that we will have to wait our turn.

Still no date yet

I am thinking we could create an easier way to communicate and get others involved so that we can estimate the times better. Maybe a facebook/whats app platform. Would you guys be interested?

Timeline
On 11/23/2021 at 12:22 PM, Natalya Mait said:

I am thinking we could create an easier way to communicate and get others involved so that we can estimate the times better. Maybe a facebook/whats app platform. Would you guys be interested?

There's already a group on Facebook. It's called Jamaica NVC Process. You can join that

On 11/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, KD-Fletcher said:

Nope. DQ since Sept 2020. Attempted Expedite around April/May 2021, which was denied and we were basically advised that we will have to wait our turn.

Still no date yet

Hi there,

I have this same situation. Got DQ in Sep 2020 and got declined on July expertise request. 

I am very eager to know which month's DQ has proceeded so far and they got their interviews? Any idea?

Timeline
On 11/23/2021 at 9:20 AM, KD-Fletcher said:

@EmpressMc

What is the process to expedite with the aid of your Congress man/woman?

Also, when your case is at NVC how do u see updates? The online account only shows me what was last submitted and messages/notifications received 

Hello, sorry for the late reply, I did not get a notification.

I contacted the state rep for my district, told them I needed help with my case, it was just sitting at NVC waiting for the embassy, it wasnt moving and it was causing anguish. I did a release of information for them to access the case & medical information since my request was medical based. They sent an inquiry to the embassy, the embassy replied saying the NVC hadn't completed & sent the file, the state reps' office told me to send the letter from the embassy to NVC with my doctor's letter. They replied in 15 days with approval.

The updates are in the top right corner of the CEAC site, it was only the location that changed, from NVC to Kingston.

Hope that helps. Hang in there.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, EmpressMc said:

Hello, sorry for the late reply, I did not get a notification.

I contacted the state rep for my district, told them I needed help with my case, it was just sitting at NVC waiting for the embassy, it wasnt moving and it was causing anguish. I did a release of information for them to access the case & medical information since my request was medical based. They sent an inquiry to the embassy, the embassy replied saying the NVC hadn't completed & sent the file, the state reps' office told me to send the letter from the embassy to NVC with my doctor's letter. They replied in 15 days with approval.

The updates are in the top right corner of the CEAC site, it was only the location that changed, from NVC to Kingston.

Hope that helps. Hang in there.

Great it helps!!

Which embassy you got approval from? Mine is Bombay embassy and my parents DQ was in September 2020 still waiting for an interview date.

Timeline
On 12/4/2021 at 2:49 PM, Shaily said:

Great it helps!!

Which embassy you got approval from? Mine is Bombay embassy and my parents DQ was in September 2020 still waiting for an interview date.

Hello, it was Kingston Embassy.

He had his interview Dec 6. I was not there, I had major surgery 4 weeks ago. We had a little over a week to prepare & schedule the medical, from the time we got the interview email/notification & thanks to this thread, we knew to update his police certificate & my tax info, although the officer did not ask for any of it. I am unsure if it was due to my medical reason & having the Senator as my point of contact for the expedite service, but he was called into what seemed like a Supervisor office for his interview and the door was shut. My husband says the man asked him my name, son's names, asked him about his vaccines & that was it. The man told him give it about 2 weeks for completion & that he has a limited amount of time to leave, the visa process isn't complete until he lands at a USA entry port. 

I thank all of you & urge yall to keep the faith in the wait. If you are tax paying in USA, don't hesitate to contact your state Representative, it is literally their job to help you. 

Patience & Perseverance were my lessons in this blessing. 🤎

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/16/2022 at 8:59 AM, shayP said:

Guessing nobody has been receiving interview letters here. My case says ready since November 16, 2021. I don't even know what to think anymore.

I am thinking the same thing, in here has gotten quiet.😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.