Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mrs Samuels said:

Just an update from my post yesterday.

I the petitioner was the one that answered the call from the embassy yesterday. I explained to the person that I travelled and quarantined specifically for the interview and how disappointed I felt. Her response was that she’ll make a note that I’m currently visiting Jamaica and hopefully they will be able to reschedule before I leave.

Surprisingly the same person called back later to say she spoke to the chief and he gave the go ahead for us to still come in for the interview.

when we got there today they had a list out front with just about 10 people and they confirmed we were on the list. Got inside and just us and another person was there to be interviewed at that time.

All went well, Glory to God!! However the Medical is still pending for my husband (done August 28th). The CO explained the hospital have a backlog so now it’s taking about 3 weeks to be received.

They only took Original birth certificate, police cert, 1 passport pic and his passport.

Questions asked -  When did you meet, when did you get married, how often we saw each other and where will we be living.

So there are ways around the cancellation if you have a valid reason, and of course depending on how understanding the person from the embassy may be.

Glory be to God. I am happy it worked out!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mrs Samuels said:

I the petitioner was the one that answered the call from the embassy yesterday. I explained to the person that I travelled and quarantined specifically for the interview and how disappointed I felt. Her response was that she’ll make a note that I’m currently visiting Jamaica and hopefully they will be able to reschedule before I leave.

Surprisingly the same person called back later to say she spoke to the chief and he gave the go ahead for us to still come in for the interview.

when we got there today they had a list out front with just about 10 people and they confirmed we were on the list. Got inside and just us and another person was there to be interviewed at that time.

All went well, Glory to God!! However the Medical is still pending for my husband (done August 28th). The CO explained the hospital have a backlog so now it’s taking about 3 weeks to be received.

They only took Original birth certificate, police cert, 1 passport pic and his passport.

Questions asked -  When did you meet, when did you get married, how often we saw each other and where will we be living.

So there are ways around the cancellation if you have a valid reason, and of course depending on how understanding the person from the embassy may be.

I’m soo happy to hear this!! Glad you fought and someone there is understanding!! We have to work together in a time like this 🥰🎉🍾🎊 Congratulations 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Mrs Samuels said:

I was hoping you mentioned to them you flew in for the interview and they would make an exception. That's awesome. Congrats 🎉🎉🎉. Also good to know they are still interviewing in some capacity but I wonder how they decide who they should see 🤔

5 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

I was hoping you mentioned to them you flew in for the interview and they would make an exception. That's awesome. Congrats 🎉🎉🎉. Also good to know they are still interviewing in some capacity but I wonder how they decide who they should see 🤔

I’m thinking emergency cases. The other person there was a teenager 17, so I’m assuming they were turning 18 soon. In such a case they would give them priority to get to the US before that time so they automatically get the Citizenship from parent as similar to the cases about to age out.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mrs Samuels said:

I’m thinking emergency cases. The other person there was a teenager 17, so I’m assuming they were turning 18 soon. In such a case they would give them priority to get to the US before that time so they automatically get the Citizenship from parent as similar to the cases about to age out.

Yeah I understand in the case of an age-out child case. Ugh this is just so nerve wrecking. I hope they work out something more inclusive. @Larry123 did you tell the embassy you flew in and quarantined for the interview and ask to be interviewed before you have to go back? If not, you may want to email/call and see if they will make an exception for you.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Steffy Stef said:

I’m soo happy to hear this!! Glad you fought and someone there is understanding!! We have to work together in a time like this 🥰🎉🍾🎊 Congratulations 

43 minutes ago, Steffy Stef said:

Did they ask you for 2019 transcript

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrs Samuels said:

DID THEY ASK YOU FOR 2019 TRANSCRIPT LOVE.

@MS CANTY

So this transcripts has been a hot topic and I’m just going to clarify it again. 

What ever you uploaded to nvc please bring it to your interview. Embassy been requesting the 2019 tax transcripts and so far asking some people for w-2 so it’s just best to be over prepared. Everyone’s case is different so not because they didn’t ask this person doesn’t mean they won’t ask you.  Walk with everything 

3 hours ago, TheFostersJourney said:

@MS CANTY

So this transcripts has been a hot topic and I’m just going to clarify it again. 

What ever you uploaded to nvc please bring it to your interview. Embassy been requesting the 2019 tax transcripts and so far asking some people for w-2 so it’s just best to be over prepared. Everyone’s case is different so not because they didn’t ask this person doesn’t mean they won’t ask you.  Walk with everything 

I agree. I had with me copies for the past 3 years for both my transcripts and W-2’s just Incase they asked for it.

Timeline

Good morning all. Who has interviews scheduled between now and the end of the month? Our interview is schedules for 09/24. I'm trying to keep abreast of cancellations and any other developments since Embassy is virtually quiet about this, albeit the announcement is now on their website landing page.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Good morning all. Who has interviews scheduled between now and the end of the month? Our interview is schedules for 09/24. I'm trying to keep abreast of cancellations and any other developments since Embassy is virtually quiet about this, albeit the announcement is now on their website landing page.

Where is this landing page ? Do u have the link ? 

Timeline
Just now, Steffy Stef said:

Where is this landing page ? Do u have the link ? 

Yeah, I was looking for it. Didn’t see it! Please send the link!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.