Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy isn't closed. It's just nonimmigrant visas that can't be processed until 2021. And whoever got a phone call about the interview being cancelled I would still go to the interview as scheduled especially when there was no email received from the embassy.

11 hours ago, Steffy Stef said:

I know , it sucks. Maybe they don’t really care because it’s not mandatory for the spouse to attend. We just have to hope for the best. How soon did they say ? 

They just said soon,  which isn’t comforting.  We will be going Tuesday and will keep you all informed with what happens.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrs Samuels said:

I don’t see any closing notice on their website, but I know for past holidays they’ve recognized both American and Jamaican.

Yes I was reading up on it. Seems they do recognize both JA and US holidays.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Larry123 said:

They just said soon,  which isn’t comforting.  We will be going Tuesday and will keep you all informed with what happens.  

I would too with all my paperwork and everything just as if I did not receive a call. Let them tell me in person I'm being rescheduled. Please keep us posted. I really hope they allow you and your husband to interview.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrs Samuels said:

Right, and I don’t want any so they can just not bother to call or email, lol.

They better not be canceling no appointments we have to lived with this virus for a while...😞😊

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mrs Samuels said:

@Jammin19, would you by chance be able to confirm with your contacts that work there about the cancellations? 

The Embassy is closed until Tuesday as Monday is a US holiday, so there’s no way right now to confirm if your appt is canceled or not however they didn’t mentioned that the word is that some appt would be canceling. What they suggest that since there’s no way to confirm now you should still show up for the appt and tell them you weren’t confident if it was a valid call From them or someone playing games since your appt still shows scheduled online. 

Timeline
Just now, Jammin19 said:

The Embassy is closed until Tuesday as Monday is a US holiday, so there’s no way right now to confirm if your appt is canceled or not however they didn’t mentioned that the word is that some appt would be canceling. What they suggest that since there’s no way to confirm now you should still show up for the appt and tell them you weren’t confident if it was a valid call From them or someone playing games since your appt still shows scheduled online. 

They also said normally it would show canceled or rescheduled online.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jammin19 said:

Good advice.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Chrissy & Junior said:

Hey guys, did anyone hear of persons being required to take a covid 19 test before they can fly to the US?

Good afternoon. That is not required here. Some states like NY require 14 day quarantine.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cris_K said:

Hi Everyone   

I have the medicals on Tuesday. I have got all Documents, as mentioned in the checklist. Please suggest is there any additional documents to be carried and what is to be  expected On that day? 

Thanks much, guys, for all your guidance and support. 

Just make sure you take everything and don't forget the 2019 tax transcript. 

Also I would love to know when did you get dq

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.