Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chrissy & Junior said:

We tried and it wouldn't let us login

The Embassy makes a big fuss about the 2019 transcript. Ppl have even been given the 221g and told to get the transcript and email it in. So request it by mail now and push come to shove at least it'll already be on it's way and you won't have to wait long after your interview to submit it if the embassy is adamant that it is needed 

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chrissy & Junior said:

So the 1040 and w2 won't work 😕 

Everybody that has interviewed said they asked for the transcript and if they didn't have it they were placed in AP until they send it in.

10 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

The Embassy makes a big fuss about the 2019 transcript. Ppl have even been given the 221g and told to get the transcript and email it in. So request it by mail now and push come to shove at least it'll already be on it's way and you won't have to wait long after your interview to submit it if the embassy is adamant that it is needed 

I have been wondering the same thing because I only have the 1040 and the Corporation tax form because he is self employed. The transcript is a summary of what is on the 1040. When I call the immigration lawyer she say what I have can work🤷‍♀️..am confused right now. Would be too late for me anyway so will just say a word a prayer and go with that.

6 minutes ago, Angelline said:

I have been wondering the same thing because I only have the 1040 and the Corporation tax form because he is self employed. The transcript is a summary of what is on the 1040. When I call the immigration lawyer she say what I have can work🤷‍♀️..am confused right now. Would be too late for me anyway so will just say a word a prayer and go with that.

same here we only submitted the 2019 1040 and w2 to NVC

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Angelline said:

If you cannot get the transcript online request it via mail so it's already on it's way in case they need it. Everyone from the 5+ recent interviews I know of were asked to produce their 2019 transcript. Now I don't know if there would be a difference for self employed but even today someone on here said they interviewed and was given the 221g until they produce the transcript. So my advice would be to be proactive about it 

Edited by Stacey Ann

The W-2 along with 1040 is acceptable by the NVC.  They tell you it is acceptable if you are unable to produce the transcripts (which is what they really want). However, by the time of your interview they expect that you have gotten the transcript. For being self employed, I'm not sure if that changes for your situation. The 2019 tax transcripts is a MUST for everyone else.

8 hours ago, TheFostersJourney said:

I would send it just to be safe though they really want transcripts but at times they ask to see   w-2 has well. They ask my hubby for my w-2 and I wasn’t going to send it but I’m glad I did . So it’s best to be safe and be over prepared. 

Congratulations 👏 👏 safe flight for ur hubby

To all the recent comments about transcripts 

PLEASE
If you don’t want any delay on your case I urge you to get that 2019 tax transcripts and 2019 W2. If you have your 1040 still bring it too but that 2019 transcripts is very important. They been asking for it so it’s best everyone just be over prepared.  My husband was ask for it and other interviews that was before him... If your interview is coming up in couple days and you don’t have it I guess you would have to explain to CO but then they will probably issue 221 (g) so get it request in the mail a head of time. No one wants a delay on they’re case so try to avoid it if you can 🙂

40 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

To all the recent comments about transcripts 

PLEASE
If you don’t want any delay on your case I urge you to get that 2019 tax transcripts and 2019 W2. If you have your 1040 still bring it too but that 2019 transcripts is very important. They been asking for it so it’s best everyone just be over prepared.  My husband was ask for it and other interviews that was before him... If your interview is coming up in couple days and you don’t have it I guess you would have to explain to CO but then they will probably issue 221 (g) so get it request in the mail a head of time. No one wants a delay on they’re case so try to avoid it if you can 🙂

Thanks for the info, however it's too late for me to request that now. I have the 1040 and S Cooperation (for self employed). I will be the lab rat and give u my experience. The NVC website state Tax transcript OR Federal Tax Return so let's see. I contacted immigration lawyer she says what is on the 1040 is same as what is on the transcript so it wont be a problem. I will know my fate Friday.

1 minute ago, Angelline said:

Thanks for the info, however it's too late for me to request that now. I have the 1040 and S Cooperation (for self employed). I will be the lab rat and give u my experience. The NVC website state Tax transcript OR Federal Tax Return so let's see. I contacted immigration lawyer she says what is on the 1040 is same as what is on the transcript so it wont be a problem. I will know my fate Friday.

All the best 🤞

Timeline

Good morning all. Perhaps those who had to produce the transcript only had their W2s and not their 1040 when both are required in the absence of the transcript. At this point, we'll wait to see the outcome, the worse that would happen is that they would put the case on hold until the transcript is provided. So ALL the best tomorrow everyone! We are rooting for you 🙏🏾🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.