JB&CP

Interview at Montreal embassy.

388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Will someone please add me to the Montreal Consulate private thread? My husband is German, but a resident of BC, so he will be getting his interview in Montreal (if it ever happens). 😪😪

Not sure who to ask about this.

Event Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? Potomac Service Center on 2021-11-12
Consulate : Vancouver, Canada
Marriage (if applicable): 2019-12-28
I-130 Sent : 2021-07-31
I-130 NOA1 : 2021-07-31
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved :  
NVC Received :  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

First post on this forum. If there is a private thread for the Montreal Consulate can I please be added. BC resident became DQ on July 29 2020 and will have my interview in Montreal.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mel and Deb said:

First post on this forum. If there is a private thread for the Montreal Consulate can I please be added. BC resident became DQ on July 29 2020 and will have my interview in Montreal.

Added you! Please read the FAQ linked in my signature as the thread is quite large and it covers the most common questions. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

19 minutes ago, DGF said:

Added you! Please read the FAQ linked in my signature as the thread is quite large and it covers the most common questions. 

Please would you be able to add me too? I'm new to this site and am not sure how to get my way around on here lol 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Please would you be able to add me too? I'm new to this site and am not sure how to get my way around on here lol 

Sure! I need you to fill out your timeline first though, which can be done here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=368444

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline

It looks like there are quite some interviews coming in September for those who got it cancelled earlier. When I look at the spreadsheet I feel like interviews are scheduled at a faster pace than in the past, aren't they ? I'm wondering if they're processing more than they used to in the past.

Edited by T&S_MTL

1 hour ago, T&S_MTL said:

It looks like there are quite some interviews coming in September for those who got it cancelled earlier. When I look at the spreadsheet I feel like interviews are scheduled at a faster pace than in the past, aren't they ? I'm wondering if they're processing more than they used to in the past.

I do not know if it's true that they are processing faster, but if it is it could be because they are not processing any K1s and they used to issue more K1s than CR1s per month before COVID hit.

Timeline
18 hours ago, DGF said:

Could we also be added to the Private thread for Montreal consular processing?  Also @Hawk Riders Could we also be added to the spreadsheet?  We were DQ'd May 29th.  Thanks!

Timeline
18 hours ago, DGF said:

Can I please be added to private thread of the Montreal consulate?.

AB resident became DQ on Aug 18 and will have my interview in Montreal.

Thanks

Timeline
19 hours ago, DGF said:

Sure! I need you to fill out your timeline first though, which can be done here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=368444

Sorry to bother you but how can we be added to your private Montreal thread?

Timeline

9 hours ago, declanvandelay89 said:

Please add me to this private thread for Montreal consular processing. I was DQ'd earlier this month.

Your timeline says you're EB5. Is that correct? The thread is only for CR1/IR1. 

3 hours ago, Madison99 said:

Add Me too please 🤞🏼

Added you! 

1 hour ago, A&RN said:

Hi! Can you add me to the private Montreal thread too? I am new too and dont even sure how to reply to a particular post here or tag someone! Thank you! 

Please fill out your timeline and then I can add you! 

1 hour ago, JandTK said:

Could we also be added to the Private thread for Montreal consular processing?  Also @Hawk Riders Could we also be added to the spreadsheet?  We were DQ'd May 29th.  Thanks!

Added you! 

52 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

Can I please be added to private thread of the Montreal consulate?.

AB resident became DQ on Aug 18 and will have my interview in Montreal.

Thanks

Added you! 

2 minutes ago, mizzem said:

Sorry to bother you but how can we be added to your private Montreal thread?

Just by asking (and having your timeline filled out haha). Added you! 

------

To those I just added, please read the FAQ in my signature before posting as it covers the most frequently asked questions. I don't control the spreadsheet so being added to that will come later when the admin of the sheet has time to add you :) 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.