Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, MNH said:

I'd suggest try going to your nearby ASC before you actual date and see if they will allow you to take you bio there. It doesn't hurt to try.

That has been discussed but the nearest ASC is over 200 miles one way so that is not appealing either.  We are going to suck it up and have her fly to her appointment.  Hate to delay the glacial slow process in more than than it is currently moving.  

On 12/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, jztelemark said:

First time posting.  My wife receive her biometrics appointment  letter today for the Alexandria Field office for early January.   The sad thing we changed our address from the DC area to Idaho and have the email confirmation.  Yet the letter still went to the old address.  I'm happy the letter was actually forwarded as the online status hasn't been updated since the case was received. 

For those that want to know her priority date is July 22nd.  

This same situation happened to us! Because it was USCIS error (our address had been changed for months and they had even sent RFE to the new, correct address) they made an internal biometrics referral for the location to change - the reschedule should happen automatically as soon as I miss my biometrics appointment (today). One thing I would say - I called 3 separate times to confirm our new address was correct on all our petitions/forms. All times they said it was. I spoke to someone again this morning and they said the old address was still on I-130, which is the address used for the interview location. Not sure if you're in the same situation, but do double check if so as we don't want the same situation with the interview! 

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

8 hours ago, stuckinf2b said:

Hi Are you going to take a new I-693 to the biometrics appointment?

21 hours ago, Spookie said:

Got scheduled for biometrics and had to show up on 12/24/2020 but all USCIS offices will be closed due to the federal holiday. Am I supposed to receive a letter noting the cancellation of my previous appointment any time before the 24th? How does this whole thing work?

Thanks.

Hello. I am not doing my adjustment of status from a K1 but from a tourist visa and I did not submit my I-693 initially as I am intending to bring it to the eventual interview. The only reason I posted here is because the other subforum is good as dead.

Edited by Spookie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey guys quick question- I did my bio a week and a half ago- fingerprints have been applied on both 765 and 485 still. I’ve seen many other people reporting theirs changed to ready to be scheduled for an interview within 2-3 days after bio. 

should I be worried? I never got any rfe and submitted the 944 with the initial package so just paranoid what the holdup could be 

19 hours ago, JW737 said:

Hey guys quick question- I did my bio a week and a half ago- fingerprints have been applied on both 765 and 485 still. I’ve seen many other people reporting theirs changed to ready to be scheduled for an interview within 2-3 days after bio. 

should I be worried? I never got any rfe and submitted the 944 with the initial package so just paranoid what the holdup could be 

I've seen others with longer periods between bio and approval - I'm sure it's fine! I saw a post just this morning on facebook saying it took 2 weeks for them. With the holidays I'm sure it will also add time. It will be ok!

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
4 hours ago, lgb2015 said:

I've seen others with longer periods between bio and approval - I'm sure it's fine! I saw a post just this morning on facebook saying it took 2 weeks for them. With the holidays I'm sure it will also add time. It will be ok!

Thank you! I really hope so!

any July updates this week from anyone? Seeing quite a few late August approvals this week

16 hours ago, JW737 said:

Thank you! I really hope so!

any July updates this week from anyone? Seeing quite a few late August approvals this week

😵

I'm still waiting for biometrics. And waiting if my service request works, if not I'll try again...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Woodpecker07 said:

😵

I'm still waiting for biometrics. And waiting if my service request works, if not I'll try again...

We're in the same boat (my husband is the beneficiary, I'm the sponsor). We called and called USCIS to get the service request or biometrics expedited and the only person we were able to speak with said it's not even worth trying because it's been already 5 months in and the general timeframe is 5.5 to 7.5 months. We mentioned the potential loss of job offer but he didn't take it at all. I wonder how other people really cracked through and get it expedited... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so excited to write this! My husband got his biometrics appointment letter just a few hours ago :) 

• PD: July 22, 2020
  • Office: NJ - Hackensack
  • Bio. Appt: January 5, 2021
  • Notice Date: December 12, 2020 (Letter was stamped December 14th, which we also checked with a live representative on USCIS website after the 14th if any letter was on it's way and they informed us there was no update.)

So I hope others get amazing holiday news like we just did.  I can't explain the relief we are feeling right now I am so nervous this is too good to be true.  

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

EAD processing time is really horrible nowadays. AOS applicants can expect to wait 4 - 9 months before they can start working!

image.thumb.png.4479f176e938a37e5e76c1460e85ca43.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well we finally got a bit of good news after all the struggles we've had.

Wife finally got a biometrics appointment for Jan 15.  797 says its for I485/I765.

Obviously this is great...

2 issue we have...

Our 12 yo daughter had her Biometrics back in October.  Just for the I765.  Nothing has updated for her I765, and she did not get another appointment for her I485 as of yet.  Not sure why...her case is tied to her mothers but they are processing them separately it appears.

On top of that, we moved on the first of November.  I submitted the address change and got a confirmation email from USCIS saying it had been done. 

However, the appointment letter we got today for my wife was still sent to our previous address and forwarded by the Post Office.  

Any guidance on what we should do about the address change not being done as they said it was? I don't want to continually rely on mail forwarding...

16 hours ago, AC&MH said:

Well we finally got a bit of good news after all the struggles we've had.

Wife finally got a biometrics appointment for Jan 15.  797 says its for I485/I765.

Obviously this is great...

2 issue we have...

Our 12 yo daughter had her Biometrics back in October.  Just for the I765.  Nothing has updated for her I765, and she did not get another appointment for her I485 as of yet.  Not sure why...her case is tied to her mothers but they are processing them separately it appears.

On top of that, we moved on the first of November.  I submitted the address change and got a confirmation email from USCIS saying it had been done. 

However, the appointment letter we got today for my wife was still sent to our previous address and forwarded by the Post Office.  

Any guidance on what we should do about the address change not being done as they said it was? I don't want to continually rely on mail forwarding...

Congratulations. So happy for you. 

Address change is a nightmare with USCIS. USPS Informed delivery might be a little help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, MNH said:

Congratulations. So happy for you. 

Address change is a nightmare with USCIS. USPS Informed delivery might be a little help.

We have informed delivery...but oddly enough,  the forwarded mail we have received since we moved does not show up on it.  Not sure what the deal is with that. Typical government #######...nothing works like it should.

I called the USCIS help desk today and got them to confirm our address change was indeed completed.  The lady also confirmed that the only appointment notices sent out recently was the one we received yesterday.

The person I spoke could not explain why the appointment notice was mailed to the old address.  She said perhaps the appointment was scheduled before the address change was official.  That doesn't make much sense, we got a confirmation that the address change was completed on Nov 28.

As it stands I will likely be calling once a week to make sure we don't miss a mailed notice or something until we finally get some manner of correspondence from USCIS at the new address.

No one has also yet been able to explain why our 12yo daughters case is being process separate from her mothers....

Edited by AC&MH

What is the next status after "fingerprints taken"? Mine just changed to ready to be scheduled for interview. I thought it will change to EAD approved or something first.

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.