dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

So torn between following up my conditional expedite( conditional on embassy resuming) and asked for them to send to the embassy or hanging fire until the end of the month, as hopefully they should start scheduling to gonwothtghe opening on 27th. 

Naw pull the trigger and go for it. They can see you have waited long enough. Worst they can say is no. Go for it.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I have a question, so when you have your interview being expedited you have to schedule your own interview appointment?

Depends on the embassy. Some direct you to schedule some schedule you. You have to wait for their instructions.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

3 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

Yes you schedule it yourself online. I’d send you the link but I only have the link for the London embassy and don’t know the one for Guatemala.

But what you can do is email the embassy/ use the contact form online when your case shows as ready on CEAC, and they’ll email you with a link and instructions on how to book 

Thank you for your feedback, I will go ahead and follow this advice. 

4 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Congrats!! How long did it take for embassy to receive case after expedite was approved?

It was almost immediate, we were an IOE case. Once the expedite approval came, I checked the NVC website a couple days later and it said it was at the Prague Embassy.

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Depends on the embassy. Some direct you to schedule some schedule you. You have to wait for their instructions.

My wife called the embassy and they told her that once they receive the case we can go ahead and schedule the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, SarahSwede said:

Yes, Stockholm Embassy requested DS-5540 when they sent out the interview checklist. We had to upload the questionnaire to CEAC and then we brought additional supporting evidence to the interview.

First of all CONGRATULATIONS 😊🎉  And thank you so very much for your post informing us all on how everything went, it provides insight and a relief to know how thing go at the interview and what to expect.

And if I may ask what supporting evidence did you have to bring for the DS-5540? I've been wondering that myself so I can have it ready. Thanks so much in advance 😊

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

Timeline
2 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

First of all CONGRATULATIONS 😊🎉  And thank you so very much for your post informing us all on how everything went, it provides insight and a relief to know how thing go at the interview and what to expect.

And if I may ask what supporting evidence did you have to bring for the DS-5540? I've been wondering that myself so I can have it ready. Thanks so much in advance 😊

So we found some lawyer pages online and then based our evidence off of what they suggested. (Though I think they make it seem more complicated than it needs to be, at least for now when the embassy barely looks at the stuff)

- for Part 4, Q9 we provided evidence of each account listed as well as information about the car that we listed as an asset (ownership, estimated value from a website, a statement saying we intend to sell it before we move)

- we had employment verification and salary statements from his current job (in Sweden), I guess this shows his "hire-ability"

- his University degree

We did not provide information about which health care we will get and even told them that we do not plan to get healthcare because he intends to get a job asap and he is young and healthy (plus we have assets saved)

I think that's everything we had - we definitely just guessed as to what we needed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SarahSwede said:

So we found some lawyer pages online and then based our evidence off of what they suggested. (Though I think they make it seem more complicated than it needs to be, at least for now when the embassy barely looks at the stuff)

- for Part 4, Q9 we provided evidence of each account listed as well as information about the car that we listed as an asset (ownership, estimated value from a website, a statement saying we intend to sell it before we move)

- we had employment verification and salary statements from his current job (in Sweden), I guess this shows his "hire-ability"

- his University degree

We did not provide information about which health care we will get and even told them that we do not plan to get healthcare because he intends to get a job asap and he is young and healthy (plus we have assets saved)

I think that's everything we had - we definitely just guessed as to what we needed.

Thank you so very much this is very helpful your a sweetheart 😊 If I can ask did you have to fill out new I-864 for 2019 tax year? All I have is 2018 for the most recent tax year that I submitted at the NVC

Timeline
3 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Thank you so very much this is very helpful your a sweetheart 😊 If I can ask did you have to fill out new I-864 for 2019 tax year? All I have is 2018 for the most recent tax year that I submitted at the NVC

They didn't ask for any updated info, but we brought along the 2019 tax returns (not a new I-864) which they took scans of.

And of course I am always willing to help out with what I can here! It's been such a weird time for everyone lately, I just hope that maybe we are all seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey everyone 

I checked my statue and they say "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. " But I did not receive any interview notifications. 

Can someone help me understand? thanks 

So yesterday I received an email saying my expedite request has been accepted. My wife even called the embassy just to make sure and they confirmed the expedite. This morning I received a message on ceac saying "your appointment has been cancelled". I dont understand what this means. I mean, we never got any appointment, so I'm wondering what this means? 

5 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

So yesterday I received an email saying my expedite request has been accepted. My wife even called the embassy just to make sure and they confirmed the expedite. This morning I received a message on ceac saying "your appointment has been cancelled". I dont understand what this means. I mean, we never got any appointment, so I'm wondering what this means? 

Normal cases are booked by NVC, expedited are booked by embassy. So when an expedite request is approved the NVC system automatically cancels any appointments and sends that email (even if you never had an appointment booked, it’s just automatic)

It’s explained in more detail in this thread:

Also, when your case status changes to “in transit” that it will say “your interview date has already been provided by NVC”. Ignore that, it’s just a standard message that everyone gets when their case is in transit and doesn’t apply to expedite cases because they’re booked through your embassy. I believe this was asked earlier by @AllTheseGoneBy so I hope this helps.

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Timeline
19 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Glad it's a simple list. Congratulations. Keep us posted. How long before you get medical results?

He did the medical exam this morning. We were able to stop back at the embassy to drop off the extra required documents. 

The doctor said that the medical exam should be at the embassy in about 10 days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.