hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, DILAW said:

Why do you need to wait until you receive the extension letter to file for the N400?  I mean most will probably get the letter, but if not, the N400 has nothing to do with it

When filing for N-400, a copy of the 10 year GC is required. However, a copy of the extension letter will do. Apparently, it takes more than a year now to receive the 10 year green card.

55 minutes ago, notantifun said:

Anyone here planning on filing their N-400 once they receive their extension letter?

• Demonstrate continuous permanent residence in the United States for at least 5 years. (In some cases, this may be 3 years if you are married to a U.S. citizen.)

Even if we get the extension letter aren't we supposed to meet this criteria to apply for N-400?

13 minutes ago, hookem1989 said:

• Demonstrate continuous permanent residence in the United States for at least 5 years. (In some cases, this may be 3 years if you are married to a U.S. citizen.)

Even if we get the extension letter aren't we supposed to meet this criteria to apply for N-400?

Agree, I don't know what's your situation but you still need to meet the criteria. I think I can start to apply next year and I will. 

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, notantifun said:

Anyone here planning on filing their N-400 once they receive their extension letter?

You cannot file N-400 without meeting the criteria of 3 years of living with your spouse (if you are filing under spousal GC). So I am not sure why you are filing as soon as you get your extension letter unless you get your extension letter a year after you applied for ROC. 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

On 7/16/2020 at 9:45 AM, Aquilina said:

Just received a text notification! (Potomac service center)

Package received by uscis: 07/09

Credit card charged: 07/14

Text notification: 07/16

Just checked and Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken on July 22nd. 

Still no NOA though which worries me a bit because I'm literally a few miles away from the Potomac center so USPS would be fast and I moved back in July 2019 so maybe they sent it to the wrong address. 

Edited by Aquilina

I-751:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aquilina said:

Just checked and Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken on July 22nd. 

Still no NOA though which worries me a bit because I'm literally a few miles away from the Potomac center so USPS would be fast and I moved back in July 2019 so maybe they sent it to the wrong address. 

Did they took fingerprints again or used old one?

7 minutes ago, Dachis said:

Did they took fingerprints again or used old one?

They used the old one.

I-751:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Dachis said:

Finally they charged my cc. Filed on july 6. Took them 14 days. 

it is so long. what center you are?

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, rajeejunie said:

You cannot file N-400 without meeting the criteria of 3 years of living with your spouse (if you are filing under spousal GC). So I am not sure why you are filing as soon as you get your extension letter unless you get your extension letter a year after you applied for ROC. 

I completely misunderstood this criteria. I would be living with my US Citizen spouse for 3 years in a few months but I've only been a PR for 2 years. Disregard my silly question 😜😋

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.