Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MikeMinusWife said:

Thanks - I didn’t know about that one.  They screw money out of you at every stage of this process.

The fee is nothing new.   And only paid when you want a green card.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

$220 extracted and they even congratulate you for paying lol - Well assuming they change the CR1 to IR1 at POE and SS card arrives I believe I won't have anymore paperwork to deal with for a bit... That would be a beautiful thing. 

Next step is setting up an LLC but I'm pretty much on top of that. 

8 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

$220 extracted and they even congratulate you for paying lol - Well assuming they change the CR1 to IR1 at POE and SS card arrives I believe I won't have anymore paperwork to deal with for a bit... That would be a beautiful thing. 

Next step is setting up an LLC but I'm pretty much on top of that. 

Is there a chance they wont automatically provide IR1? Im waiting until after our aniversary, I thought it was a given that it would happen?

What is an LLC?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bug&Bug said:

Is there a chance they wont automatically provide IR1? Im waiting until after our aniversary, I thought it was a given that it would happen?

What is an LLC?

It should happen automatically on or after 2 years of being married when you enter on the CR1 - however my luck has been against me a few times so I tend to assume something will be a problem.

LLC is a limited liability company - think of it like LTD business here in the UK. I plan to set up my own business in the US. 

Quick overview of the visa medical... Took around 1hr 15mins. I think they try to streamline the process and get everyone to the different stations eg. X-ray, physical examination and bloods and vaccinations. It's pretty much a waiting game, from one waiting room to another. They accepted my passport, police certificate, embassy letter/interview date, vaccination record, health summary, as well as their medical form as docs required.

I had to get 2 further vaccinations; MMR and tetanus as my proofs did not cover that. Feel slightly miffed at the tetanus as they didn't count the booster as sufficient. Wish I had pursued it before the pandemic. All in all, an eye watering £440 (£350 plus £90)... At this point though, I think anyone/everyone is just throwing money at the process to just get to their loved one. They did offer me to get this done outside the practice but you pay for the convenience.

They were lovely enough and only allowed me inside the clinic 15mins before my appointment. You do have an overview of your health that you can use in the US for medical insurance/job etc so that is handy.

Edited by Xyrstine

19 minutes ago, MikeMinusWife said:

Is there a good time to check for interview availability - I haven’t seen any available dates since we received the expedite approval ?

I checked at different times, from 6am till midnight. The first time dates appeared was midday, around 3ish. I think it might be random though. Took me a good few days before I found dates pop up. The slots come out in handfuls luckily. Good luck.

48 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

It should happen automatically on or after 2 years of being married when you enter on the CR1 - however my luck has been against me a few times so I tend to assume something will be a problem.

LLC is a limited liability company - think of it like LTD business here in the UK. I plan to set up my own business in the US. 

Ah phew is not something I missed!

Now I need to understand the USA tax and how it works with my UK income, bank accounts and isa's..... Nightmare!

48 minutes ago, Bug&Bug said:

Now I need to understand the USA tax and how it works with my UK income, bank accounts and isa's..... Nightmare!

Are you going to be continuing working remotely while you are in the US? My partner was offered the opportunity to keep at his role part time remotely which would be great as it will take some of the stress off of him finding a job immediately, but we are VERY confused about the tax situation. Think he would essentially need to be a self-employed contractor for this to work? 

1 hour ago, Xyrstine said:

I checked at different times, from 6am till midnight. The first time dates appeared was midday, around 3ish. I think it might be random though. Took me a good few days before I found dates pop up. The slots come out in handfuls luckily. Good luck.

Thanks - was that 3pm UK time or US ?

12 minutes ago, MikeMinusWife said:

Thanks - was that 3pm UK time or US ?

3pm UK time but keep checking at regular intervals. I found that slots stayed available for a few days since release and I was able to reschedule. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bug&Bug said:

Remind the officer at POE and show him your marriage certificate so he doesn’t enter you as a CR1. Check before you leave his presence. 

1 hour ago, shallot343 said:

Are you going to be continuing working remotely while you are in the US? My partner was offered the opportunity to keep at his role part time remotely which would be great as it will take some of the stress off of him finding a job immediately, but we are VERY confused about the tax situation. Think he would essentially need to be a self-employed contractor for this to work? 

Im thinking coming back for few months ( and keep working in the UK) while I sort myself, the cats, and test the job market and rentals situation.

(And see if the US and the UK have managed to burn themselves to the ground politically, economically and public heathwise and we need a plan C - Europe).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.